Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
All those people with student loan debt.. if you are in default you are unhireble by the government..your credit score is in the toilet so you are unhireble by the private sector. It is a vicious cycle and no cares. Lots of stories but no action.
I am a baby boomer...but I am SICK AND TIRED of retired boomers telling folks they need to get off their bloddy arse and get a job..while they sit back on their behinds and collect retirement checks and investment income earned in a booming economy AND social security!!! Social security needs to become means tested.
In this day and time...If you are retired and can afford to "gift" your kids the down payment on their first house you don't need social security...If you can afford a home in Michigan and a snowbird home in Florida or Arizona or anywhere else for that matter.. then you don't need social security. If you are so secure in your finances and your lifestyle that you don't see the injustice of the recent announcement by BoA charging fees on debit cards then you don't need social security.
I was unemployed for 2 years...I finally got a job making 7.50 an hour and I am GLAD for that. I am one of the 99%.
Sound a little bitter to me. So you, through life choices, don't have a retirement check and investment income? You lived through the same boom economy, so why don't you?

I prefer to reward good behavior, instead of bad. You think you deserve SS because you have less than they do? Maybe they scrimped and saved to get where they are. Maybe they sacrificed. Maybe they worked 2 jobs.

You were unemployed for 2 years? How quickly after your unemployment ran out did you "happen" to find a job? It sounds like you're one of the 47%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 02:23 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
OH BALLS!!! cry me a flipping river... WHo's fault is that somedubass kids get a degree in basketweaving end up with 100k debt at the age of 23 and can't get a job flipping burgers!!!! THEIR OWN FRIGGIN FAULT!!!! I have no education....make 6 figurers and own two homes so you 99% can eat it and find work befitting their personalitys..... ............

P.S.

Call me I need my toilet cleaned!!!!
FYI - unless your income is above $370K (approx.) - you are technically part of the 99%.

I just thought you would want to know.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:25 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
FYI - unless your income is above $370K (approx.) - you are technically part of the 99%.

Yes, all part of the great unwashed, although for some it is not literal.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't know when you went to school, but college has gotten very, very expensive. I have yet to understand why it has gotten so expensive. What is so different now than 20 yrs ago.
Why, because the government got involved in student loans and drove the cost up just like it did when they got involved in health care.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:30 PM

Knowledge should be free if...
a) You acquire it for yourself.
b) Whomever is giving you the education has agreed to do it for free.

Everyone who has a student loan put their signature on the loan statement that they would pay it back. And now many of them are mad and are throwing a fit.

I am starting to think that what happened in housing a few years ago will happen to secondary education.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why, because the government got involved in student loans and drove the cost up just like it did when they got involved in health care.
... and home mortgages.

I think there's a pattern here.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:32 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Don't lump me in with that rabble! Me and mine pay our own way withOUT bitching and complaining that someone is better off than we are.....Besides I put myself in the 3% list...... back at ya.........

Old 10-05-2011, 02:33 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Nothing but a bunch of young white folk. Hardly a diverse representative of the population.
Yes, the minorites don't have the money to travel and protest.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:38 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

That is like a reflex for you isn't it. Problem...must be govt. fault. It is like Pavlov's dog.

Anyway here is chart. I like charts. The govt. has been backing student loans for some time. However, there does not seem to be any one event that affects the cost. It has increased more that health care costs, which obviously govt. is involved with that as well.

[LEFT][/LEFT]

Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
After reading their tale of woe, it turns out the common denominator is unemployment. These misguided folks should be protesting Washington, not Wall Street. Wall Street has no impact on their employment status, Washington has a great deal to do with their employment status.
Yeah, that is what blows my mind about this group. Why the hell are they chasing after WS, its the government that is the real problem here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies