Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 09:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I think he is. You don't want to think so because you're consumed with this weird hatred for the president that I don't get. I think it's interesting that you seem to enjoy engaging in character assassination and whisper campaigning when you haven't even met the man. Oh, and what did you think about George Bush's rough history with alcohol?

Character assassination? You are the one who sunk to making this personal.

I don't hate Obama personally. I do hate his Marxist ideology and his policies which are destroying this nation. I think it is a legitimate concern that the man with his finger on the nuclear button may too frequently drink or use mind altering substances.

Bush stopped drinking and appeared to have his alcoholism under control. Or, do you have photos of him holding beer summits?

I know it is hard, but try to focus: Obama is POTUS now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 09:20 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is he? How do you know? Or is that an assuption on your part?

Obama has his own White House brewery too, let us not forget.

Given that he has a history of substance abuse in the past including cocaine, alcohol, and weed, it is a legitimate question.
So did President Bush, it's just most people didn't realize it until he's second term. Believe a book came out, after the election or just before. That's how I learned of his sins, before becoming a Christian.

I have to say, President Obama looks tired most of the time. Beer Summits are not very Presidential looking.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
These Beer Summits remind of when blueblood rich folks volunteer an afternoon once a year at a foodshelter. They then can brag how they are down with the poor folks. Obama has a beer with the unemployed and now he is down with the average american.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Character assassination? You are the one who sunk to making this personal.

I don't hate Obama personally. I do hate his Marxist ideology and his policies which are destroying this nation. I think it is a legitimate concern that the man with his finger on the nuclear button may too frequently drink or use mind altering substances.

Bush stopped drinking and appeared to have his alcoholism under control. Or, do you have photos of him holding beer summits?

I know it is hard, but try to focus: Obama is POTUS now.
I am making nothing personal. Him sipping a beer, and you alleging that he's an alcoholic is not "raising a legitimate concern." You are engaging in baseless gossip and should be ashamed of yourself. If you didn't hate him personally, you would discuss your issues with his policies, but instead you bring this personal stuff up, of which you have no basis in fact. Where I come from it's called gossip...baseless gossip. I don't understand why you can't accept that Obama might just be a decent person like most everyone else. You're the one asserting (through a rhetorical question) that Obama's an alcoholic when you have no clue. I doubt he is, and I'm not exactly a huge fan of the guy myself.

And of course I know Bush didn't drink in the white house. He was a RECOVERING alcoholic. But, like Obama, he did have issues with substance abuse in the past. So, is Bush disqualified from being president as well? That was my point. I think Bush was a horrible president, but I never brought up his alcoholism. I was actually impressed that he was abe to overcome that, and didn't think it was right to use that as a club to beat him over with.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:32 PM

44 posts, read 27,579 times
Quote:
Well, you'd like to think so. It'd be one more made up excuse to hate him. Why can't people in this country disagree without trying to come up with crap like this to smear a person? Really! Obama, for all his policies, is still a decent human being.
Right. Just like you said about Bush.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:38 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
I am making nothing personal. Him sipping a beer, and you alleging that he's an alcoholic is not "raising a legitimate concern." ..........
Reading comprehension is fundamental. I never "alleged" only posed the question. Sipping? Not according to any video or photo we've ever seen.

http://spotted.heraldtribune.com/ima...om/2355768.jpg

http://cdn.ihatethemedia.com/wp-cont...bama_beer3.jpg

http://yesbuthowever.com/wp-content/...ama-beer-1.jpg

http://www.corebrewing.com/wp-conten...bamacheers.jpg

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/...0d90fd1b44.jpg

http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploa...obama-beer.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/irish_obama_dr...50trdg_400.jpg

Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahawke View Post
Right. Just like you said about Bush.
Proof? It's no secret that I couldn't stand Bush's presidency, but I don't recall ever making fun of his alcoholism, gossiping, or making up stuff about him. Was he a decent guy? he might have been, but even so he shouldn't have been president.

I have this problem where I tend to see the good in people over the bad. Which is why I have a hard time truly hating anyone, hence I don't understand over half the people on this forum.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Reading comprehension is fundamental. I never "alleged" only posed the question. Sipping? Not according to any video or photo we've ever seen.
It was sipping according to the link you posted--which I read. And you can definitlely imply things by asking questions. You can be as technical as you want, it's still gossip. In any case, I'm tired, so I'll agree to disagree for the night.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Barack Obama Highway?

I thought things were named after people who actually contributed something good to America?

Yeah, and not while they are still in Office....
....what's up with that?

Drinking & Highways don't go together.

But if that's the message he wants to send............

Old 10-11-2011, 10:14 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Him sipping a beer, and you alleging that he's an alcoholic is not "raising a legitimate concern." You are engaging in baseless gossip and should be ashamed of yourself.
I agree, no matter how much I see it in these forums I'm amazed at how much otherwise intelligent people can become irrational nutjobs in their zest to tow the ideological line. On both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies