Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,277,534 times

Advertisements

Does anyone REALLY care what happened to these wannabe adults?

The bank should have passed these out to the OWS crowd inside the bank, that would have calmed them down...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,499,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
Wrong. Citibank doesn't post a sign that says "no protesters". Their intent can be anything as long as it's a lawful act. Protesting is a lawful act. There might be some disorderly conduct issues, but that wasn't evident on the video we saw, so again, the police/court needs to review the CB security tape.

As the CB statement said though, they were "asked to leave". That's where it became a crime, if they did not comply.

...but I get it. You disagree with their ideas, so therefore you'll pretty much write up the legislation out of your own mind to support your position.

My advice? Call the police and ask them. As someone who has been charged with the security of various small businesses in the past, and has had to have folks removed, I know the law and it's pretty clear.
Protesting inside a private business is NOT a lawful act. It is trespassing at the very least. Come and protest on my property and see how fast the police either arrest you or ask you to leave.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 AM

1,147 posts, read 912,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
When one lie doesn't work (closing their accounts) the college kiddies come up with this beaut, (opening new accounts).

Just more proof the OWS college kiddies and aging hippies are clueless...
Yeah because when dealing with a beacon of morality like Citibank, we wouldn't want to fudge the truth to further our own best interests.

...but that being said, that was an example. The truth is, they didn't have to leave until they were asked to. It doesn't matter if they had 50 million each in the bank, if they're asked to leave they need to leave and take it up with the bank in court.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Good to know. Next time I go to the bank I'll stick my head in the door first and shout "Hey guys, can I come in?"

Thanks for the laugh. Apparently laughter really is contagious.
Are you going their for a LEGAL reason? If you dont understand the difference between showing up at an establishment to conduct business, and to protest, then I feel sorry for you. I suppose when you ask your customers if they want fries with their meal, and they respond with "yes", you tell them that they cant have them because there isnt a sign on the door which allows fries with their meal

Old 10-17-2011, 10:41 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,235,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I stopped here laughing so hard, that I almost fell off my chair. Private property owners dont need to post that you dont have permission to enter THEIR property to protest. Its THEIR property, you need to ask THEIR permission to tresspass on THEIR land.

I cant believe for a second that we have people who actually believe the nonsense you posted. Its NOT a lawful act if you do it ON PROPERTY YOU DONT OWN WITHOUT PERMISSION

Wrong, they were asked to leave but that doesnt make their trespassing a NON crime.

I dont need to call the police and ask them. You need a permit to protest on public land, owned by the "taxpayers", what on gods earth makes you believe you are allowed to enter someone elses land without permission to protest?
So if it's the Bank's property, but they have YOUR money, how does that work? Do you not have a right to claim your own property in a private business, just because they don't like the way you look? If they were disrupting business I'd get it, but in the video I posted, they weren't. One sign, held near the floor, and no screaming, shouting or chanting. All three women in the bank had accounts there that they wanted to close--they were all legitimate customers. If that's how B of A wants to treat their customers, I'm glad I don't bank there. I think this is a public relations nightmare for them.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Protesting inside a private business is NOT a lawful act. It is trespassing at the very least. Come and protest on my property and see how fast the police either arrest you or ask you to leave.
Hell, in some states you can shoot to kill tresspassers without legal ramifications, now all of a sudden these idiots think they are ENTITLED to just use someone elses property without permission because there isnt a sign on the door.. haha..

Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
So if it's the Bank's property, but they have YOUR money, how does that work? Do you not have a right to claim your own property in a private business, just because they don't like the way you look? If they were disrupting business I'd get it, but in the video I posted, they weren't. One sign, held near the floor, and no screaming, shouting or chanting. All three women in the bank had accounts there that they wanted to close--they were all legitimate customers. If that's how B of A wants to treat their customers, I'm glad I don't bank there. I think this is a public relations nightmare for them.
Protesting is not legitimate business.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:43 AM

1,147 posts, read 912,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Post New York State legislation supporting your argument please.

You can start here... New York Penal - Article 140 - (140.00 - 140.40) Burglary and Related Offenses - New York Attorney Resources - New York Laws

There is nothing unlawful about protesting, by itself. It's the manner in which you protest that decides whether or not the action is legal.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:43 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,277,534 times
Quote:
Yeah because when dealing with a beacon of morality like Citibank, we wouldn't want to fudge the truth to further our own best interests.

...but that being said, that was an example. The truth is, they didn't have to leave until they were asked to. It doesn't matter if they had 50 million each in the bank, if they're asked to leave they need to leave and take it up with the bank in court.
~YAWN~ It's over, the college kiddies were either ejected or in jail and outside of a couple of posts on a couple of blogs on the Internet it's forgotten...

Nothing proved other then another showing of childishness by the OWS crowd,,,

Old 10-17-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hell, in some states you can shoot to kill tresspassers without legal ramifications, now all of a sudden these idiots think they are ENTITLED to just use someone elses property without permission because there isnt a sign on the door.. haha..
First of all, many of these protesters subscribe to the Communist manifesto where private property doesn't exist. They'll find out the hard way I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies