Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 02:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,249,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
If they REALLY felt the need to spit in the faces of these banks, they should have done it this way. Walk into a bank, throw up their signs, say something, and as soon as they tell them to leave, LEAVE, and go to the next bank. wash, rinse, repeat

THAT is legal. Annoying, but legal.
No its NOT legal. Its PRIVATE property and you need to ask for PERMISSION to use PRIVATE property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Okay, say the lady was asked to leave and she did what she was told...she was arrested why exactly?
PS: Where have I said that she was inside the bank. I saw the video, there is where the confusion is is because she is outside on the sidewalk!
The fact that she was outside on the sidewalk, doesnt mean she wasnt inside previously

Furthermore, sidewalks can be considered private property as well. You cant be outside a building protesting on their sidewalk either.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:44 PM

1,147 posts, read 911,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No its NOT legal. Its PRIVATE property and you need to ask for PERMISSION to use PRIVATE property.
So like I said.............. before I go in a new bank again, I'll open the door, stick my head in and say "Hey, some confused guy on City Data told me I need to ask before I can come in. I don't have an account here. Can I come in?"

At that point they probably WILL chase me, and call Homeland Security.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:47 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,241,957 times
Quote:
Yeah because when dealing with a beacon of morality like Citibank, we wouldn't want to fudge the truth to further our own best interests.

...but that being said, that was an example. The truth is, they didn't have to leave until they were asked to. It doesn't matter if they had 50 million each in the bank, if they're asked to leave they need to leave and take it up with the bank in court.
Sooooo

~ first it was they were going there to close their bank accounts

~ then it was they were going there to open bank accounts

~ now it's "only an example"

WOW

Old 10-17-2011, 02:49 PM

They were NOT arrested for closing down their bank accounts ONE person closed down an account..

Old 10-17-2011, 02:49 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,241,957 times
Quote:
So like I said.............. before I go in a new bank again, I'll open the door, stick my head in and say "Hey, some confused guy on City Data told me I need to ask before I can come in. I don't have an account here. Can I come in?"
If you want to look like a fool go right ahead, this is America where one can act as stupid and immature as they want

BTW, they would call Homeland Security for a creditable threat, your comment would only elicit actions from the Peanut Gallery...

Old 10-17-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:

At that point they probably WILL chase me, and call Homeland Security.
More evidence you cant follow along with the conversation and dont comprehend intent. Continue to embarass yourself if you wish.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:59 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,626,821 times
Quote:
The fact that she was outside on the sidewalk, doesnt mean she wasnt inside previously

Furthermore, sidewalks can be considered private property as well. You cant be outside a building protesting on their sidewalk either.
She wasn't protesting, she was leaving.

PS: Locking the doors on people inside a building is a fire code violation.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-17-2011 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: ps

Old 10-17-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
She wasn't protesting, she was leaving
What was she doing BEFORE she left?
Quote:
PS: Locking the doors on people inside a building is a fire code violation.
What section of the fire code would that apply to? Here, is a link listing the code

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/pdf/rul...lation_4th.pdf

I'm anxiously awaiting to hear this news which says you cant lock the doors of buildings. Prisoners I'm sure want to hear how they cant be locked in and I'm sure burglars would like to hear how people are not allowed to lock doors anymore.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:22 PM

1,147 posts, read 911,286 times
Quote:
More evidence you cant follow along with the conversation and dont comprehend intent. Continue to embarass yourself if you wish.
Been hunting that intent link all day have ya? lol

"Competition breeds winners" ............. lmao..........
(unless you bring a knife to a gunfight)

Give it up. Ya got nothing. Just a lot of hot air, and not one link to support this oddly staunch but totally inaccurate position you've decided to take. lol

Keep looking. You found the NYC fire code pretty quickly. Like grandma always used to say, you'll find it in the last place ya look.......... and if you wont talk to me until you find it, I'll totally understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies