Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:40 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

No problemo.
I'm sure the mexican truckers are as up on vehicle maintenance and driving skills as our own lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 07:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I wonder when the Republicans in Congress will propose a law repealing NAFTA, CAFTA and all the rest of our crippling trade agreements?

Old 10-20-2011, 07:46 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
It's not Obama that's an idiot, he's getting filthy rich, he's got $91.5 million in his campaign coffers, he's a total complete sell-out.

It's the American people who still support him who are idiots, so stupid they cannot see that Obama is all about more and more foreign cheap labor. No matter how many Americans are without work, all Obama can do is expand NAFTA and destroy more American lives.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingObeat View Post
I'm going to be starting Truck Driving School soon and already I have to worry about my future career possibly being outsourced or getting paid less.
Definitely time to change your field. You won't have a chance at a job, and the Mexicans will work these jobs for incredibly cheap. They'll flood the jobs.

The OWS seem to have no clue this is going on and they obviously adord Obama the sell out too much to protest where and what they should be protesting. Anyone who isn't bothered by this cannot really claim to care about American jobs.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
Just heard on the news radio that Mexican trucking companies got the greenlight to travel deep into America beyond their usual Mexican border where they would swap the shipment out for an American trucking company to proceed with the delivery...Well, now the Mexican trucking companies can delivery on their own now.

You can expect the next attack on America is coming through Mexico.

Thanks Obama, you idiot.
Well, since NAFTA was a treaty negotiated with Canada and Mexico and passed and signed into law with an implementation date of January 1, 1994, my question is simple:

You are the President. What would you have done? Please provide your Constitutional authority for your answer.

For instance, "I would have said NO", is not a valid answer. Or, if it is, please explain what authority the President has to unilaterally tear up a treaty.

What would you, as the President, have done?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:12 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
Just heard on the news radio that Mexican trucking companies got the greenlight to travel deep into America beyond their usual Mexican border where they would swap the shipment out for an American trucking company to proceed with the delivery...Well, now the Mexican trucking companies can delivery on their own now.

You can expect the next attack on America is coming through Mexico.

Thanks Obama, you idiot.
It is all part of the bank's plan.

The presidents only manage the plan.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:14 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/1993/roll575.xml

A link showing who voted for, and against, NAFTA in 1993.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:14 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingObeat View Post
I'm going to be starting Truck Driving School soon and already I have to worry about my future career possibly being outsourced or getting paid less.
Welcome to globalism.

If we had a truly free and open market, you could compete. If you were in a closed market, you could compete. In a market that shackles local merchants and product while letting foreign competitors wander free, you have no chance... unless of course you move your operation to Mexico.

BUT.......... and it's a really big but........ As a foreign national in Mexico, you will not be allowed to own a business (or property within 50 miles of a beach) unless you "partner" with a local who will more than likely rob you blind and leave you in a gutter with your throat slit after you've provided the capital to start a new venture. Go figure.

NAFTA is a giant freaking scam to create an entire nation of serfs and wage slaves. It was meant to be lob sided from the beginning. It's no different than China's most favored nation status. As long as our market is hindered, we cannot compete in a global market. If we want to continue controlling the markets, we have to shut the front door. Air conditioning doesn't work if the freaking windows are open.

I personally am for an open market. Most democrats are actually against NAFTA because they're well aware that in the closed system they prefer, this kind of BS is sheer folly. The Republicans own this one for sure but Obama isn't guilt free because were he actually a real democrat and not an oligarch be would have fought it. While the Republicans were thinking on the lines of free trade, they failed to smell the coffee and realize we don't have a system of free trade and that NAFTA is just plain stupid.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
This is the third thread on this topic today.
Please use the search feature before starting new threads.

Ode to US Truckers..Mexican trucks to enter the US on Friday

Old 10-20-2011, 08:18 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,769,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Bush's overly-friendly relationship with Mexico was ridiculous. Along with McCain's.

Never understood it, never liked it.
I understand it, and support it as long as it does not cost american jobs.

It is good for the USA if Mexico is a stable country that does well for itself (like Canada).

But not at the expense of Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies