Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:31 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times

Advertisements

Two to dome where are human rights/ anti-torture folks at? I guess Human Rights are only applicable to Westerners.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/wo...t.html?_r=1&hp

Quote:
In a cellphone video that went viral on the Internet, the deposed Libyan leader is seen splayed on the hood of a truck and then stumbling amid a frenzied crowd, seemingly begging for mercy. He is next seen on the ground, with fighters grabbing his hair. Blood pours down his head, drenching his golden brown khakis, as the crowd shouts, “God is great!”

Colonel Qaddafi’s body was shown in later photographs, with bullet holes apparently fired into his head at what forensic experts said was close range, raising the possibility that he was executed at the hands of anti-Qaddafi fighters.

The official version of events offered by Libya’s new leaders — that Colonel Qaddafi was killed in a cross-fire — was not supported by the photographs and videos that streamed over the Internet all day long, raising questions about the government’s control of the militias in a country that has been divided into competing regions and factions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 07:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
I have news for you...you don't care either, though you'll pretend that you do.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
How does one honestly answer a question whose underlying premise is so filled with factual distortions, misrepresentations of fact and is an otherwise unintelligible mugging of coherency?

6,233 posts, read 9,479,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I have news for you...you don't care either, though you'll pretend that you do.

45,218 posts, read 26,427,822 times
A Nobel Peace Prize winner to boot!
The term "rule of law " has no meaning to the monster in the oval office.
Obama has a pretty good body count going on. The grey hair suggests it is eating his insides out (as it should).

Old 10-20-2011, 07:38 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So does anyone care about our President supporting the extrajudicial killing of a sovereign head of state?
not so much.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
That would depend upon which head of stae and what he has done to us.
In fact I think if a few more heads of state were targeted they might think twice before ordering nastey things done to others.
For example after we bombed Quadaffi's tent he cut the crap. Well in regard to targeting US citizens.
I really believe if these so called heads of state had a personal stake in the game they would rethink a lot of what they order done.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:43 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,731 times
I don't mind, but I didn't mind when Saddam was toppled either.

With our liberal friends, outrage depends on the letter after the President's name. So we won't be hearing much about this from them. Obama is "their guy" and he has a "D" after his name, so he can do no wrong.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
That would depend upon which head of stae and what he has done to us.
In fact I think if a few more heads of state were targeted they might think twice before ordering nastey things done to others.
For example after we bombed Quadaffi's tent he cut the crap. Well in regard to targeting US citizens.
I really believe if these so called heads of state had a personal stake in the game they would rethink a lot of what they order done.
Obama better keep looking over his shoulder.

Cause I know if a drone attack killed some of my innocent family members and friends, I'd be looking for payback.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Well, I know the LEFT used to hate that kind of stuff....when republicans were in the White House....but now they celebrate the invasion of a sovereign muslim country to interfere in a civil war, that costs a billion dollars, without authority from congress.....yea, they used to just froth at the mouth about crap like that.

There are a FEW honest leftists on here that oppose what he has done, just as they opposed Bush and that's fine and dandy. It's the ones that cheer lead assassinations and invasion NOW when they opposed it THEN that is the height of hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies