Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 04:45 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times

Advertisements

I find it interesting that the right won't give Obama and credit in helping to bring down Gadaffi but have no problem blaming him if Sharia's law becomes law there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 04:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I find that a puzzling statement. But, I also find it puzzling that it became acceptable to assasinate him after he opened Libya up to the UN and supposedly got rid of most of his really dangerous weapons. One does have to question if there is truth behind the so called "conspiracy theories" in regard to the world banks not wanting Africa to have its own gold standard currency. Additionally it is said that Libya sits upon much of the world's unmined gold reserves (not to mention the oil).

The same Marxist powers ready to unsettle the ME & N. Africa are watching the Occupy movement and ready to utilize it to their advantage. In this day and age coincidences are rare at best. Authoritarianism seems to be the religion flavor of the statists.
Share! Share! Share!

The mulit-banks and O'Bama are Sharey Baby thieves.

The Four Seasons -Sherry 1962-.wmv - YouTube

Old 10-23-2011, 04:49 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Oh yeah, anti-Cheney types.
Who could support Cheney?

Old 10-23-2011, 04:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I find it interesting that the right won't give Obama and credit in helping to bring down Gadaffi but have no problem blaming him if Sharia's law becomes law there.
Credit for what? Death by impalement instead of a trial? Do you really expect civilized people to support such depravity?

Sharia was completely predictable in Libya just as it was in Egypt before it. Does the left condone repetition of the same mistakes by their dear student dictator? Or is Sharia and global caliphate the real end game?

Old 10-23-2011, 04:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
He ought to learn to respect the rights of sovereign nations.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Credit for what? Death by impalement instead of a trial? Do you really expect civilized people to support such depravity?

Sharia was completely predictable in Libya just as it was in Egypt before it. Does the left condone repetition of the same mistakes by their dear student dictator? Or is Sharia and global caliphate the real end game?
I am sure you had no problem with the death of Saddam or the holding of our enemy combatants at gitmo do you?

Old 10-23-2011, 04:54 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
It's weird, especially knowing Libya has had Sharia law for decades.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
He ought to learn to respect the rights of sovereign nations.
You mean like your hero's Bush and Reagan did?

Old 10-23-2011, 04:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
I am sure you had no problem with the death of Saddam or the holding of our enemy combatants at gitmo do you?
IIRC, Saddam had a trial did he not? If you are suggesting I was joyful at his death, I was not. I find the willingness of people to celebrate at the deaths of others sickening. Justice under the rule of law should be served but it makes us animals to revel in the death of another, IMO. YMMV.

The enemy combatants should have had their military trials years ago. Why hasn't Obama seen to it yet, too busy campaigning?

Old 10-23-2011, 04:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:

Again, Libya has had Sharia for a very long time.

Did you prefer the public humiliation and hanging of Saddam better than Gadaffi's execution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies