Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:26 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,580,566 times

Advertisements

i've been gay my whole life without choice. What do people who are against marriage equality think we shoudl do? marry someone of the opposite sex via lying to them? and then get blamed for destrying two lives? should we both be unhappy to make strangers happy? why does this even make strangers happy?

why would a GAY PERSON have a STRIGHT MARRIAGE?

btw, i'm 34 and still a virgin. I have a degree in religion and am a good person but I am waiting to find the right person, and when i do i although i live the state that i grew up in with my friends and family and i don't like moving far away from them I have to move FAR AWAY from family and friends to another state to get married, unlike most of you.

I simply don't understand how someone is PASSIONATE about ENSURING someone else doesn't get a right that they get becaue they were born differently.

Again, i don't get it.

what does someone's sexual orientation have to do with 'morality'.

why do some people think this should be up to 'the public' when voting on OTHER people's rights WHILE THEY ENJOY them are unconstitutional?

don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 04:32 AM

13,009 posts, read 18,978,273 times
For centuries it has been asserted that homosexuality is evil. Hence many gays did enter into hetero marriages. In some cases they had children, passing on the trait.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:49 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,827,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
For centuries it has been asserted that homosexuality is evil. Hence many gays did enter into hetero marriages. In some cases they had children, passing on the trait.
That is a dangerous statement.
Interestingly, most parents who have a gay child, also have straight children. The first-born is least likely to become homosexual. Some researchers say homosexuality is simply nature's way of keeping clan size at bay. There is also a theory that says parents by nature prefer the first-born in every way, which seems to be true when looking at the regulations for inheriting titles and material stuff in the past. So any later kid was considered more of a burden, while the first-born was the big hope of the family.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:52 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,799,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
i've been gay my whole life without choice. What do people who are against marriage equality think we shoudl do? marry someone of the opposite sex via lying to them? and then get blamed for destrying two lives? should we both be unhappy to make strangers happy?
My ex-husband did exactly that. He lied to himself and lived in denial. He didn't destroy my life, he just took some of the best years of my life. He should not have brought anyone into his life, or got involved in someone elses life until he figured out who he was. It was a very selfish act on his part using me to convince himself that he was something that he wasn't - straight.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
It's a trait??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Some researchers say homosexuality is simply nature's way of keeping clan size at bay.
Again: That's right up there with "passing on the trait".

Old 10-24-2011, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It's a trait??

No, it is nothing genetic, but the mother's body's reaction. With every additional child her body remembers the count and the hormone levels change with each additional pregnancy, which eventually leads to a higher probability of the next child turning out gay. Something like that, if I remember correctly.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
No, it is nothing genetic, but the mother's body's reaction. With every additional child her body remembers the count and the hormone levels change with each additional pregnancy, which eventually leads to a higher probability of the next child turning out gay. Something like that, if I remember correctly.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:05 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,580,566 times
Quote:
It's a trait??

of course it's a trait.. i'm not gay for my health.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
What?

Old 10-24-2011, 05:25 AM

1,332 posts, read 997,519 times
Default My opinion

I think the biggest objection to gay marriage is that marriage is a tradition here in this country. When any of us think of 'marriage'...we think of a man and a woman being joined. We think of marriage as the basis for FAMILY structure in our society...an denvironment to have and to raise children.

Gay marriage flies in the face of ALL of that. Many of us who object don't feel we should change our traditions to accomodate. We don't do it for mormons who believe that polygamy is proper..so why should we accomodate gays?

While some see homosexuality as 'normal', I believe most of the poipulation of this country see it as anything but normal. Some say....'Well what does it matter to you if 2 men get married? How is that impacting you in a negative way?' ...to those I answer this...Our traditions and customs belong to US. It is these very traditions and customs that you seek to alter. Many of us believe that once our traditions and customs are bastardized to accomodate everyone, then we have lost something very important.

Speaking for myself, I have been bombarded with the gay agenda for so long now, that I have become numb to it. In my state...NY....gay marriage has become legal. I don't agree with it...but I just don't care enough anymore to fight it. To me, there are more daunting challenges facing this country that whether or not gays can marry. And to be honest, the tradition of marriage has changed over the years anyway. So many people enter into it not being committed enough to work through problems, and the divorce rate is ridiculous.

I think I fear that once gays have established the right to marry, that they will then be calling for preferential hiring quotas...as with affirmative action. Other than that...I don't give a damn what gay people do.

This is an explanation from a normal, everyday American. (at least I think so)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies