Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 12:28 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,859,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Children are imprinted at an early age, partly by role modeling, suckling at mothers breast and teaching. Gays are confused then indoctrinated, but we will not pretend that this is normal. It is an aberration. We will not pretend that men and women are the same, we have different functions in this world - as it should be.
Wait. What? suckling at Mothers breast will make us all gay???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 12:45 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,200,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Through the legal system, via powers of attorney and wills you can ensure that your significant other has all the "rights" afforded to them to become beneficiaries of your estate property, make health care decisions for you, etc., The only thing that your significant other cannot do is be included on a health care plan.

Homosexuals have acquired the privilege of being able to cohabitate openly without fear of reprisal, which would have been unheard of centuries, or even decades ago; they cannot be discriminated against or mistreated by "hate" crimes or other harassment.
If my husband had a serious condition that required me to take extra time off work for doctor's appointments and care - I would be protected by FMLA to take unpaid leave to do so without fear of losing my job. If I was a male, I would be up the creek without a paddle should the same scenario occur. Homosexuals, even legally married ones, do not have the protection of FMLA.

Noting, of course, that FMLA also allows parents to care for children with conditions, women to have unpaid pregnancy leave, etc. It's a protection that allows family members to care for one another in times of medical need without fear of losing a job and thus, the family's livelihood.

Quote:
If, one day you find your significant other, your blind determination to be married will force you to abandon your family and friends, but that is YOUR choice to make. Instead of being content to keep the status quo, you feel that you must "make a point". If you would just be happy to live your life together you wouldn't have all this drama.
People who refer to the lack of protections that their homosexual friend of family member has and consider the fervor to have the same protections that others enjoy as "blind determination"... well, they're not worth their salt as friends or family.

If I had "friends" or family tell me that I should be "content" with the status quo, that person would quickly find themselves not a part of my life. I don't need that kind of vampirism sucking the life out of me.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:51 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,597,222 times
The question is, why is everybody supposed to care what you do with your life?

Old 10-24-2011, 01:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,473,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexpat View Post
Seriously, EdwardA, didn't you know you liked girls before you lost your virginity? Or did you experiment with some boys first, and then realized you prefer the female variety?
Lol I guess I deserve that but what I'm tryin to get at is maybe he is not gay but confused. At this point of his life he should have had some type of physical relations with someone. I mean evidently something is holding him back from pursuing men which leads me to believe he may not be in fact gay at all but there are some underlying psychiatric problems that need to be addressed.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:03 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,306,803 times
Quote:
Through the legal system, via powers of attorney and wills you can ensure that your significant other has all the "rights" afforded to them to become beneficiaries of your estate property, make health care decisions for you, etc., The only thing that your significant other cannot do is be included on a health care plan.

Homosexuals have acquired the privilege of being able to cohabitate openly without fear of reprisal, which would have been unheard of centuries, or even decades ago; they cannot be discriminated against or mistreated by "hate" crimes or other harassment.

If, one day you find your significant other, your blind determination to be married will force you to abandon your family and friends, but that is YOUR choice to make. Instead of being content to keep the status quo, you feel that you must "make a point". If you would just be happy to live your life together you wouldn't have all this drama.

20yrsinBranson
It just cost my partner and I over $3500 do put together a trust/will/etc. Does a marriage license cost that much?

Old 10-24-2011, 01:07 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,306,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Children are imprinted at an early age, partly by role modeling, suckling at mothers breast and teaching. Gays are confused then indoctrinated, but we will not pretend that this is normal. It is an aberration. We will not pretend that men and women are the same, we have different functions in this world - as it should be.
What a load of garbage/propaganda! It's truly disturbing that people could believe such a thing.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:15 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,285,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
No, it is nothing genetic, but the mother's body's reaction. With every additional child her body remembers the count and the hormone levels change with each additional pregnancy, which eventually leads to a higher probability of the next child turning out gay. Something like that, if I remember correctly.
........Never mind.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:23 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,285,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Wait. What? suckling at Mothers breast will make us all gay???
I guess I'll tell my five boys, all of whom were breastfed, that they're supposed to be gay. Might be a bit of a surprise to their wives and girlfriends, though.

Or is it just the girl babies who become gay from being breastfed?

I'm confused.

Too funny (not to mention ridiculous).

And if that were the case, what about all those generations of babies who were breastfed.....before baby formula?
Quote:
It is an aberration.
It makes me very sad that people still think like this.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:26 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,389,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
It just cost my partner and I over $3500 do put together a trust/will/etc. Does a marriage license cost that much?
That has nothing to do with marriage, My wife and I have a trust also, everyone needs a trust.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:31 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,597,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I guess I'll tell my five boys, all of whom were breastfed, that they're supposed to be gay. Might be a bit of a surprise to their wives and girlfriends, though.

Or is it just the girl babies who become gay from being breastfed?

I'm confused.

Too funny (not to mention ridiculous).

And if that were the case, what about all those generations of babies who were breastfed.....before baby formula?
It makes me very sad that people still think like this.
The point was just the opposite - proof that liberals truly are mentally deficient.
Don't make your problems, our problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies