Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 06:33 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,901,622 times

Advertisements

I forgot to mention that if I were gay I would be trying to out the anti gay politicians. As a gay man you must know someone who knows someone whose seen one of them doing gay things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 06:47 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexpat View Post
How does questioning your breastfeeding vs. not breastfeeding theory of gayness make all liberals mentally deficient?

Asking for equal rights when it comes to marriage isn't making a gay person's problem your problem. Why do you care who your neighbor marries? Do you think they will pull you into their house and force you into a sex triangle?
This is not about marriage, or civil union would confer the rights gays claim to be denied. It's about the progressive agenda of dividing us into special interest groups, while destroying the American culture and tradtions. I won't play a part in that. Civil unions or nothing - this group is only a small percentage of the whole. Gays have become the bullies, they will never be satisfied. They will always play the victim card, because it works for them. They should be thankful to be the U.S., where they can do as they please, live where they please, with whomever they please. Stop pushing!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:33 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
i've been gay my whole life without choice. What do people who are against marriage equality think we shoudl do? marry someone of the opposite sex via lying to them? and then get blamed for destrying two lives? should we both be unhappy to make strangers happy? why does this even make strangers happy?

why would a GAY PERSON have a STRIGHT MARRIAGE?

btw, i'm 34 and still a virgin. I have a degree in religion and am a good person but I am waiting to find the right person, and when i do i although i live the state that i grew up in with my friends and family and i don't like moving far away from them I have to move FAR AWAY from family and friends to another state to get married, unlike most of you.

I simply don't understand how someone is PASSIONATE about ENSURING someone else doesn't get a right that they get becaue they were born differently.

Again, i don't get it.

what does someone's sexual orientation have to do with 'morality'.

why do some people think this should be up to 'the public' when voting on OTHER people's rights WHILE THEY ENJOY them are unconstitutional?

don't get it.
I don't care about your plight as a human being, we all have those and deal with them accordingly. What I am worried about is that you claim to have a degree and can't manage the very basic functions of punctuality, grammar and spelling.

We're fracking doomed!

Last edited by BigJon3475; 10-24-2011 at 08:28 PM..

Old 10-25-2011, 07:15 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,233,583 times
Quote:
i've been gay my whole life without choice. What do people who are against marriage equality think we shoudl do? marry someone of the opposite sex via lying to them? and then get blamed for destrying two lives? should we both be unhappy to make strangers happy? why does this even make strangers happy?

why would a GAY PERSON have a STRIGHT MARRIAGE?

btw, i'm 34 and still a virgin. I have a degree in religion and am a good person but I am waiting to find the right person, and when i do i although i live the state that i grew up in with my friends and family and i don't like moving far away from them I have to move FAR AWAY from family and friends to another state to get married, unlike most of you.

I simply don't understand how someone is PASSIONATE about ENSURING someone else doesn't get a right that they get becaue they were born differently.

Again, i don't get it.

what does someone's sexual orientation have to do with 'morality'.

why do some people think this should be up to 'the public' when voting on OTHER people's rights WHILE THEY ENJOY them are unconstitutional?

don't get it.
You have a degree in religion? Ask for your money back.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,233,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I don't care about your plight as a human being, we all have those and deal with them accordingly. What I am worried about is that you claim to have a degree and can't manage the very basic functions of punctuality, grammar and spelling.

We're fracking doomed!

Golly don't you know it! Stuff like this makes my head explode.

A degree in religion and he's asking what morality has to do with civilization.

Duh... get a clue. Find out what a clue is first. Then start searching for a clue. Take somebody along who recognizes clues, so they can let you know when you find a clue. Sign up for Clue Recognition 101 when you start work on your "Masters Degree" in religion.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:15 PM

662 posts, read 1,450,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

We're fracking doomed!
Since you are playing the grammar police, "punctuality" means being on time. I believe you were thinking of the word "punctuation." Somebody with a serious problem comes to this board, and you criticize his grammar while making mistakes yourself.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:57 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Through the legal system, via powers of attorney and wills you can ensure that your significant other has all the "rights" afforded to them to become beneficiaries of your estate property, make health care decisions for you, etc., The only thing that your significant other cannot do is be included on a health care plan.

Homosexuals have acquired the privilege of being able to cohabitate openly without fear of reprisal, which would have been unheard of centuries, or even decades ago; they cannot be discriminated against or mistreated by "hate" crimes or other harassment.

If, one day you find your significant other, your blind determination to be married will force you to abandon your family and friends, but that is YOUR choice to make. Instead of being content to keep the status quo, you feel that you must "make a point". If you would just be happy to live your life together you wouldn't have all this drama.

20yrsinBranson

is that YOUR choice to make TOO? Nope it isn't. since when to straight people have to abandon family and friends to get married? you're FOR makging me HAVE to do this TOO get married.

Why don't you just be happy and live YOUR life with your parnter and not get married?

oh yeah, that's right it's only 'drama' because you get that right and you don't have to worry about it.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
That has nothing to do with marriage, My wife and I have a trust also, everyone needs a trust.

yeah you and you WIFE.. YOU get to get MARRIED ( a LEGAL BENEFIT) that the constitution guarantees to EVERYONE, but EVERYONE isn't getting it.

You relationship is NO MORE VALID than ours are.. for all i know you have a crappier relationship and are LESS deserving of marriage than some OTHER GAY couples who deserve it more

Old 10-26-2011, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This is not about marriage, or civil union would confer the rights gays claim to be denied. It's about the progressive agenda of dividing us into special interest groups, while destroying the American culture and tradtions. I won't play a part in that. Civil unions or nothing - this group is only a small percentage of the whole. Gays have become the bullies, they will never be satisfied. They will always play the victim card, because it works for them. They should be thankful to be the U.S., where they can do as they please, live where they please, with whomever they please. Stop pushing!
How in the heck can you fatham that we're the bulilies when we're the ones with less rights?

and it's not up to YOU deciced. my being born in american deciced that i get the same rights that you do.

STanding UP to a bully (the straight majority) to get what we're already supposed to have is NOT bullying.

so if someone attacks me and i defend myself, then i guess i'm a bully too for 'bullying the bully'.

you are NOT the victim here you have EVERYTHING, NOTHING is being denied to you.

SICKENING POST.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:43 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,252 times
Default what do people think we should do? put yourself in my shoes and tell me what youd do?

Quote:
yeah you and you WIFE.. YOU get to get MARRIED ( a LEGAL BENEFIT) that the constitution guarantees to EVERYONE, but EVERYONE isn't getting it.

You relationship is NO MORE VALID than ours are.. for all i know you have a crappier relationship and are LESS deserving of marriage than some OTHER GAY couples who deserve it more
What does a trust have to do with your rave? If I were in your shoes I would seek some therapy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies