Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,326 times

Advertisements

[quote=KingKrab;21467348]I'm not an occupy Wall Street protestor by any means. At 31 I am happy to be 8 years older than kids graduating college right now. Imagine being 22 right now graduating college into this market. Wouldn't you be pissed too?

Telling them to "go git a jerb!" just makes you look kind of like a, I don't know, a selfish baby booming dick. The generation that had it the easiest. (except for the people in Nam, they were cool....)[/quote]

No you don't know, I don't know where you get your idea's from, most boomers were against the war, fought for equal rights and women's rights.
They lost their husbands also during that war.

Get off your high horse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 05:58 AM

443 posts, read 600,890 times
[quote=rural lady;21470693]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
I'm not an occupy Wall Street protestor by any means. At 31 I am happy to be 8 years older than kids graduating college right now. Imagine being 22 right now graduating college into this market. Wouldn't you be pissed too?

Telling them to "go git a jerb!" just makes you look kind of like a, I don't know, a selfish baby booming dick. The generation that had it the easiest. (except for the people in Nam, they were cool....)[/quote]

No you don't know, I don't know where you get your idea's from, most boomers were against the war, fought for equal rights and women's rights.
They lost their husbands also during that war.

Get off your high horse.
Boomer's were born in a time when all they had to do is walk down to the factory, get a job, have a large house, raise a large family, etc etc. Their parents ahead of them were born in the depression, fought the war, and they reaped the benefits. Then they became yuppies and shipped all the jobs overseas, sold the nation out, and left it for generation y to work till they are dead paying for their dumbasses.

I'm glad to ticked off the boomers though. They can dish it by insulting and attacking a whole generation that is getting out of college only to find baby boomers sitting in all the occupied jobs knowing that they will end up having to pay for these greedy idiots till they are dead. then you rub it in their noses and tell them, "go git er jerb ya hippy".

Old 10-28-2011, 06:04 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
You're employed at hard manual labor? Well I can respect that, if it's true. I'd be pissed off too if I had to unload trucks or go crab fishing or something like that to support my brother's family or whatever it is you're claiming to do. I don't know what that has to do with the greed of Goldman Sachs ruining the world's economy and causing millions to become unemployed or lose their homes, but I can understand the emotions.
Anyone employed at "hard manual labor," who has "more degrees than others have," really should be out there on the streets with OSW (night shift?).

Old 10-28-2011, 06:22 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
KSheGirl's indicates a lot of hard work (organic farming is very difficult) and other accomplishments. Yooperkat's has nothing that he will admit to.
Yup, Woof, supervising an aluminum extrusion plant is EASY. No hard work involved. Designing robotics and assembly lines for auto companies and AirBus is EASY.

Oh yeah, I mow my own lawn too. Jeez, sorry I don't raise chickens.

At least when my family needed to be fed or clothed, I went to work, not to some complaint party near Wall Street.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:57 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Yup, Woof, supervising an aluminum extrusion plant is EASY. No hard work involved. Designing robotics and assembly lines for auto companies and AirBus is EASY.

At least when my family needed to be fed or clothed, I went to work, not to some complaint party near Wall Street.
It's unfortunate that the whole OWS is pitting Americans against Americans. You may not relate at all to the "messengers" or to their style, which is understandable (it is hard to relate, in many ways, as most of us are not like the protestors out there in tents, risking their lives, carrying banners--I, for one, will not do it myself)---but you really do have to separate the messenger(s) from the message. Yes, there are a lot of mixed messages, but a few message come across loud and clear, and these messages that are loud and clear would seem to be supportive of you, the (now) working American worker who is responsible to self and family.

A country with real jobs (not just fast-food minimum wage gigs) in relation to the population numbers, a country that is not trillions in debt, that is not mired in endless foreign costly wars, that puts its emphasis on education, jobs, housing, and preventative health is all about you, me, and our families. Do you get what Goldman Sachs and BOA, etc is doing to our country? Does it register at all what corporate welfare means, in relation to individuals getting aid? Of course anyone would agree with you about lazy bums who do not want to work and just want handouts, but that is not what our situation involves right now, that is the marginalized stereotype from years past (the bum on the street holding a tin cup).

Your job, the jobs of all those working under you, their living conditions at the wages they are getting, the factory you work for, are all hanging in the balance. All this may be fine at the moment for you, but if you step back and look at the bigger picture, you might see that your world could crumble pretty easily in situation we are in as a nation--and guess what, it would not be your fault.

So try to take your attention of the "unwashed" messengers, as you would call them, and think long and hard about the message. Yes, they may well fail. But at least they are standing up for what they believe in, and it may be (ironically) a lot of what you believe in too--jobs and hard work should pay off. The American dream.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:38 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
I LIKE hard manual labor.
I LIKE getting dirty working and actually DOING something other than mindless paper shuffling that means nothing in the end.

I doubt many of the OWS crowd actually wants to get dirty...well get dirty working...

I find americans to be rather spoiled,and think it is their birthright to have everything...

And all those OWS types are in for a rude awakening,but it will build character.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:18 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

So which one do you do, supervise at an aluminum plant or design robots? The manner in which you speak on this forum does not seem to be the same as an educated person with many degrees. Just my observation.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Are those Republican basements?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:29 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Here in Toronto they have interviewed our occupation artists - Not one of them has a focused issue that they can present as far as what changes they want to take place..How can they succeed in creating change when they do not clearly know what they want - The first change should be to ensure judical reform - Where our legal system returns to the good art of Judgement! Instead of following presidence and mindless status quo enforcing policy. If we have justice - real justice where there is a seperating between good and bad - then all else will fall into place - It is all about justice - It is very simple... What made my ears perk up in these regards is hearing a lawyer utter - It might be immoral but it is legal! -----------that has to go! If it is bad it should be illegal...no grey area should exist.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:51 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
So which one do you do, supervise at an aluminum plant or design robots? The manner in which you speak on this forum does not seem to be the same as an educated person with many degrees. Just my observation.

I'm not really interested in your attempt to tear me down.

My resume is vast. I've gone to three Universities. I'm educated enough to know not to wear sandals in November and to crap in public.

You and your crowd don't hate me. You envy me. You want what I have .. without working for it.

Do you want to philosophize why I have food and you don't?

It is probably not wise to attack the working man.

If you had 99% tattooed on your head, like some I've seen, I would not hire you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies