Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 07:06 AM

416 posts, read 637,460 times

Advertisements

and he gets "fired"!

Politicians can play politics all they want but have we learned nothing from military-political disasters (eg. korea, vietnam, Iraq II, etc)?

Karzai is a joke. pakistan is an "ally"?

Our government rants and raves about Iran...who we can tie to Islamic Jihad and the 1983 Beirut attack. Cost: 241 lives and some say it set a precedent for American withdrawal under pressure (ie. Somalia)

But the real enemy???? Wahhabist support of the Mujahideen (ignoring our own support of them for the moment) that morphed into the Al Qaeda and these other splinter factions.....

So who (IMHO) are the real problems for America?

Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and our erstwhile allies in Iraq and Afghanistan...none of whom like the Iranians that much...hhhhmmmm...could it be long term memories of when the Persians ruled all in that part of the world?

Every time a top US military commander finally speaks about what the US people need to hear....silence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 07:19 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
“Why don’t you just poke me in the eye with a needle! You’ve got to be kidding me,” General Fuller said. “I’m sorry, we just gave you $11.6 billion and now you’re telling me, ‘I don’t really care?’ ”
Fullers comments illustrate the criminal absurdity of our foreign policy, thinking we can bribe countries whom we occupy and kill it's citizens, to be our ally.
The general should also know enough to keep his mouth shut.
Is he new at the job? lol

Old 11-05-2011, 07:38 AM

416 posts, read 637,460 times
Gotta think that some times the top military brass figure ""F" it, I'm close to retirement. I'll let em know what I really think going"

Old 11-05-2011, 07:41 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
I read the comments yesterday. I figured his days were numbered. You can't slam someone you are trying to develop into an ally in the press. He was probably just tired and needed a rest. Well. He got one. Put down the needle, sir -- no need to poke your eye out. Go home to your family and enjoy your retirement.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,353 times
I think they should have ignored what he said and let Karzi stew in the fact that he was just slapped in the face by one of our generals and our gov. did nothing about it, Instead we have just shown to him that he can spit in our face and Obama will still grovel at his feet and give him our $$$.
It's sad the Odumma admin. was just handed a great opportunity and pissed it away for the sake of political correctness.

bill

Old 11-05-2011, 08:23 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Fullers comments illustrate the criminal absurdity of our foreign policy, thinking we can bribe countries whom we occupy and kill it's citizens, to be our ally.
The general should also know enough to keep his mouth shut.
Is he new at the job? lol
Yup. One would think after the Soviets' own little excursion there in the 80s we'd be wise enough to not go and do the exact same thing we goaded them into. But here we are.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:36 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Why can't some see what every other pissant country has easily determined over 60 years ago? To be the recipient of American largess and have money pour into your greedy little paws, be an enemy of some degree to American foreign policy.

Cozy up to a despot, a rabid cult or two and within a heartbeat a guy wearing a black suit and driving a Suburban with Cheney's family crest on the door will show up carrying suitcases full of cash to entice you to think differently and, if you're really good at this game, you can keep that cash coming in for years, in spite of your country still growing poppies as it's principal cash crop.

It's fun to watch these guys go from wearing traditonal tribal rags to Saville Row suits seemingly overnight.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:23 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Yup. One would think after the Soviets' own little excursion there in the 80s we'd be wise enough to not go and do the exact same thing we goaded them into. But here we are.
The Brits failed too (and miserably).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies