Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 06:02 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlaan7 View Post
gays are just using christianity as another forum to be accepted and to conquer,cause if they read the book they would know the creator forbids there actions,as this system perpetuates being homo,through music ,film,tv,your america is being flushed,and other countries are going to soar passed her,
Sorry, I haven't met any gays or lesbians who are involved with ancient pagan religious practices worshipping fertility gods and goddesses - which is what the "book" condemns.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:06 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Texas sounds like a real hotbed of repressed rage, filled with backward inbred hicks and no redeeming value other than oil and run by bat**** insane corrupt thieves who got rich by being in the right place at the right time. Sounds a lot like Saudi Arabia when you think about it.
Aptly described. Thats exactly what its like.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:33 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
yet so many people (esp from california, lib capital of the usa) are flocking here... strange huh?
Myself included. The thing I notice most after moving here is how integrated this state is, compared to CA. CA lectures about diversity, but the reality is that there are many people of color there, but they are all segregated into specific areas. Not intentionally, but because the libs that shriek the most about diversity are also the first to hide behind gates and run to neighborhoods that are lily white. The "not in my backyard" syndrome.

In Texas, I see people of color all the time, in every type of everyday scenario. I fled CA because of the progressive agenda, but until coming here to Texas I never realized I was also fleeing segregation. That Texas is truly more diverse.

Funny, huh?

Old 12-06-2011, 09:36 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You use a derogatory term to make your point?

Texas IS backward and so is Christianity for the most part. Liberals can easily dissect and prove erroneous practically any Christian argument against homosexuality. That's not intolerance, it's rational discussion.
The most intolerant viewpoints I hear are from the gays. They insist on tolerance, but have none themselves.

Obviously never been to Texas, if you think it's backward.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The most intolerant viewpoints I hear are from the gays.
Consequently, those who wrote the Texas GOP platform against homosexuality must be gays, as must be people who support the agenda.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:56 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
No.....nobody needs to accept a homosexual.. Sure, the state should grant the rights to homosexuals just to be consistent on the level of values.

But make no mistake... if somebody hates you now... they will most likely hate you even more when the state forces the association.

People are killed for petty reasons all over... Why does homosexuality get so much hyper focus??

Should people be more receptive to homosexuals??? Sure, it's a nice thing to do.

Can you say they NEED to? No, they don't NEED to do anything.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 AM

521 posts, read 467,170 times
Texas is still the best state in the Union. People get murdered for various reasons in other states but apparently attacks on gays need to have a microscope on them because it means the entire state is a violent hate filled place. I'd rather live there than New York or California. Crime in those places is far worse.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Crime in those places is far worse.
Wrong. New York City has one of the lowest crime rates of any major US city. Dallas, Houston, etc. have much higher crime than New York.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Wrong. New York City has one of the lowest crime rates of any major US city. Dallas, Houston, etc. have much higher crime than New York.
If republicans in Texas can have their way (per the GOP platform I provided link to), all you've to do is to be selective about how you define crime. For example, if a crime is committed against a heterosexual person, it won't be a crime if committed against a gay person. In fact, they demand the court to throw any allegations out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies