Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 PM

178 posts, read 268,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Last time I checked Irish Americans, Swedish Americans, Italian Americans, German Americans etc were White people.

Its people like yourself who have the audacity to complain and want to snatch away the meager scraps and crumbs that are tossed at Black/Hispanic people while you continue to benefit from the hundreds of years of White privilege in America. And then you turn around and complain that Black people haven't achieved what White people have achieved. Its selfish, self-centered and its greedy. White people are supposed to be allowed to grease the hands of whomever they want to give their children a leg up in life but Black people aren't supposed to have a g-d damn thing.

Its time that Black people stop entertaining the stupidity of White people who can not stand the thought of a Black person getting something that they don't have. I refuse to apologize for the dozens of scholarships that thousands of Black American students must fight over. Sorry but I have zero sympathy for the upper middle class White kid who can't find (or is to lazy to look for) a scholarship for college.
please give me some examples of how blacks are disadvantaged, and i will prove every one of them wrong. just private message me with your complaints . give me proof your right, cause right now your just talking. back it up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 12:50 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Stop the whining already! I found scholarships for White people with a simple 3 minute google search. Imagine what you could do in 10 or 15 minutes if you weren't spending your time with the faux racist nonsense.

Scholarships for Italian Americans
The National Italian American Foundation

Scholarships for Swedish Americans
Fellowship/Grants for Americans, alternative funding - The American-Scandinavian Foundation

Scholarships for Irish Americans
Irish American Cultural Institute - www.iaci-usa.org

Scholarships for Polish Americans
American Council for Polish Culture - ACPC

Scholarships for German Aemricans
The Department of German .::. LCWA

Scholarships for Russian Americans
The Russian American Foundation

Scholarships for Lithuanian Americans
Lithuanian Foundation Scholarships

All listed by ethnicity. Are black scholarships separated into South African, Nigerian, Ethiopian or Rwandnan scholarships? Or are they simply "black". Find one that is simply a scholarship for "whites". It doesn't exist because of the blatant double standard on racism. Stop pretending you don't understand the difference.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
All listed by ethnicity. Are black scholarships separated into South African, Nigerian, Ethiopian or Rwandnan scholarships? Or are they simply "black". Find one that is simply a scholarship for "whites". It doesn't exist because of the blatant double standard on racism. Stop pretending you don't understand the difference.
Black Americans were denied our countries and tribes of origin due to slavery and White Americans were not, genius.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Scholarships are private gifts of money, right? I've received a few women only scholarships because there it can be very difficult to succeed as a woman in my field, which is a reason they offer certain scholarships. Is there a field where a minority is far over represented and could use more white people to create diversity? Or maybe more men? Or more women? Because that's usually the reason scholarships are offered to a certain group of people.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambogojo View Post
please give me some examples of how blacks are disadvantaged, and i will prove every one of them wrong. just private message me with your complaints . give me proof your right, cause right now your just talking. back it up
Stop sending me private messages. Thank you.

My family and I have worked hard for EVERYTHING that we have. I work 2-3 times harder than my White friends to gain only half as much. So I do not care that some upper middle class White guy is whining about not having scholarships for White males only. If it was such a concern then some White male should create a scholarship program soley for White males but they obviously have not seen the real need or were not motivated to do so.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Black Americans were denied our countries and tribes of origin due to slavery and White Americans were not, genius.
Please. Today is a new day, time to put the white guilt BS away. Those who were slaves or those who owned slaves are LONG since dead. Everyone has the same opportunity to succeed. College aged students know nothing of the oppression and discrimination that those who came before them experienced. They can get grants, scholarships, or student loans just like anyone else. Like Bill Cosby said, "We cannot blame white people anymore". Get over it.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Please. Today is a new day, time to put the white guilt BS away. Those who were slaves or those who owned slaves are LONG since dead. Everyone has the same opportunity to succeed. College aged students know nothing of the oppression and discrimination that those who came before them experienced. They can get grants, scholarships, or student loans just like anyone else. Like Bill Cosby said, "We cannot blame white people anymore". Get over it.
I come from a family of achievers so I really do not need the advice. I do know, however, that the whining of White people who have benefited from generations of privilege need to "get over it".

Old 11-07-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I come from a family of achievers so I really do not need the advice. I do know, however, that the whining of White people who have benefited from generations of privilege need to "get over it".
Who's the one whining, Mr. "I have to work 2-3 times as hard as my white friends to gain half as much"? Sounds like you just have a chip on your shoulder, and share the mentality that you are "owed" something. I have never been given a damn thing for being white, I've WORKED for everything I have. Maybe you should have done something different with your life. Worked harder to get an education or a skill. The only one you have to blame is your damn self.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Who's the one whining, Mr. "I have to work 2-3 times as hard as my white friends to gain half as much"? Sounds like you just have a chip on your shoulder, and share the mentality that you are "owed" something. I have never been given a damn thing for being white, I've WORKED for everything I have. Maybe you should have done something different with your life. Worked harder to get an education or a skill. The only one you have to blame is your damn self.
1) I am a woman
2) I was not "whining" about having to do more than my White friends, I recognize it as a truth and continue to do what I need to do (I also happen to have more and live a bit better than they do)
3) I have two BA degrees and I am working on a Master's degree right now so sorry to burst your racist stereotype of my educational background
4) I work part time and I have a business
5) I come from a long line of educators and business owners who fought the most vicious bigotry yet still acquired and achieved (and they told me to NEVER forget what "certain types of people" are capable of doing when they become envious of what we have worked so hard for...and this has been proven to be true)
6) No one gave us ANYTHING. I have earned EVERYTHING that I have and I am beyond tired of the whining of White people who are self-centered and greedy and LAZY

Old 11-07-2011, 01:26 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Im looking at scholarships and i found none that help White Males exclusively. while there are many helping Blacks. when does assisting one race become a handicap for the other?
A long way from where we are now.

I've never experienced it personally, though I have often been the only white guy in the room.

My wife LOOKS very European-white but she's actually Hispanic, and she has experienced some animosity at Wal-Mart. I think that has more to do with her personally (diplomacy is not her strong suit) than it does with her skin color. Maybe I'm just better with people than she is. Or maybe I just don't notice it because I couldn't care less.

Quote:

Seriously?

I think I see why the other posters are questioning whether you should get any kind of scholarship at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies