Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:01 PM

183 posts, read 264,717 times

Advertisements

oh my, who PAYS for such "studies". I can think of better uses of the money. And no, I am not a conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 08:03 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMdotCOM2011 View Post
oh my, who PAYS for such "studies". I can think of better uses of the money. And no, I am not a conservative.
It's important to understand our differences on a biological level. Other studies were done on the brains of theists and atheists that were interesting.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,515,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Maybe we should not be getting angry with conservatives lack of compassion and obvious paranoia. It may just be genetic, and they just can't help it.

A study to be published next year at University College London suggests that conservative brains are structured differently than the brains of other people. The investigation, led by Geraint Rees, focused on 92 individuals in the U.K. — 90 students and two members of Parliament.
Specifically, the research shows that people with conservative tendencies have a larger amygdala and a smaller anterior cingulate than other people. The amygdala — typically thought of as the “primitive brain” — is responsible for reflexive impulses, like fear. The anterior cingulate is thought to be responsible for courage and optimism. This one-two punch could be responsible for many of the anecdotal claims that conservatives “think differently” from others.

Study: Conservatives have larger "fear center" - Neuroscience - Salon.com
Study: Liberals don't know what is fact and fiction.............
These Scientific studies are just about as much BS as today a Mass. College Professor decides to badmouth our troops for recieving aid from Citizens in support of their sacrifice for our country.
Massachusetts Law Professor Calls Care Packages For U.S. Troops 'Shameful' | Fox News

If i had it my way i would fire 90% of the college liberal propraganda professors plaguing our Colleges and brainwashing these young men and women with their ideas..
a 18-22 year old will buy into BS much more easier than a 40 year old.
But then again these professors know they can't brainwashed the old and enlightened so they go after the weak minded young adults which is extremely pathetic and low.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
It's important to understand our differences on a biological level. Other studies were done on the brains of theists and atheists that were interesting.
They theorize that there is a God gene.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Study: Liberals don't know what is fact and fiction.............
These Scientific studies are just about as much BS as today a Mass. College Professor decides to badmouth our troops for recieving aid from Citizens in support of their sacrifice for our country.
Massachusetts Law Professor Calls Care Packages For U.S. Troops 'Shameful' | Fox News

If i had it my way i would fire 90% of the college liberal propraganda professors plaguing our Colleges and brainwashing these young men and women with their ideas..
a 18-22 year old will buy into BS much more easier than a 40 year old.
But then again these professors know they can't brainwashed the old and enlightened so they go after the weak minded young adults which is extremely pathetic and low.
I think you are on the wrong thread...

Old 11-14-2011, 08:09 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,515,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMdotCOM2011 View Post
lol agreed. A Study in Science actually could be different cause humans interpet things differently.
But then again thats a good question why blow the $$$ on this when we have other uses for money like feeding the poor or paying off our debt?
This is coming from a Conservative contray to the Liberal Idea that Conservatives are all mean rich people that hate the poor.........
No i am not on the wrong thread i am just pointing out throwing a study out for the media to broadcast doesn't mean its actually true.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
lol agreed. A Study in Science actually could be different cause humans interpet things differently.
But then again thats a good question why blow the $$$ on this when we have other uses for money like feeding the poor or paying off our debt?
This is coming from a Conservative contray to the Liberal Idea that Conservatives are all mean rich people that hate the poor.........
This was a british study. Please keep up.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:36 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Oh great, it's not enough that our political attitudes divide us but now some scientist feel the need to divide us biologically. This is the type of pseudoscience that, in the past, was used to makes it easier to view each other as lesser persons.

Liberalism and conservatism are a matter of degrees. And here I always thought that liberals prided themselves on recognizing the gray area in between.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Since people change political ideologies several times throughout their lives as a rule, the whole premise is bunk.

As I've pointed out before, noting that people tend to move from liberal when young to conservative as they mature, it's not too far of a leap to hypothesize that the liberals are actually bragging about having immature undeveloped brains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies