Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 08:19 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times

Advertisements

Looks like Putin has put himself back in control for another 12 years. People are so disgusted that they are emigrating from the country in droves. I understand how they feel, it would be like GW Bush coming back. I would move to Iraq before I would stay here under his leadership.

As Putin plans to stay, many Russians want out - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501714_162-57336102/as-putin-plans-to-stay-many-russians-want-out/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 08:36 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Really...then why are you still here?? We are still under Bush...

Old 12-03-2011, 08:40 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
Reading the article, it reminds me of reading an article from the Russian news source RT only in reverse...

Has nothing good to say about the other country...

Propaganda mouthpieces pure and simple.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:01 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Back in 1995 our Navy ship pulled into Odessa, Ukraine. We were told to wear our dress white or working white uniforms when leaving the ship. One of the guys had a great looking girl come up to him, grab him by the arm, and say "ohh, American come with me, come with me". She took him to a house and yard where there were a group of people. She brought him to an old man with a long beard and tall hat. He read out of a book, closed the book, and everyone gave him vodka. He awoke around 9 or 10 am (even though he was suppose to be back on the ship at 2am) in bed next to her and both were wearing wedding rings. He put the ring on the nightstand and ran back to the ship. NIS (what is now NCIS) did an investigation of the woman and her family and found out she was with the Russian mafia and deemed the marriage illegal. Either she was going to use him as an anchor to allow her to smuggle to USA or she was going to be an anchor to bring mafia members to USA. When we went back, he never left the ship.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Back in 1995 our Navy ship pulled into Odessa, Ukraine. We were told to wear our dress white or working white uniforms when leaving the ship. One of the guys had a great looking girl come up to him, grab him by the arm, and say "ohh, American come with me, come with me". She took him to a house and yard where there were a group of people. She brought him to an old man with a long beard and tall hat. He read out of a book, closed the book, and everyone gave him vodka. He awoke around 9 or 10 am (even though he was suppose to be back on the ship at 2am) in bed next to her and both were wearing wedding rings. He put the ring on the nightstand and ran back to the ship. NIS (what is now NCIS) did an investigation of the woman and her family and found out she was with the Russian mafia and deemed the marriage illegal. Either she was going to use him as an anchor to allow her to smuggle to USA or she was going to be an anchor to bring mafia members to USA. When we went back, he never left the ship.
Wow, what a story. I would avoid that entire eastern European area like the plague. Also reminds me of the movie "Hostel"

Old 12-03-2011, 09:29 AM

679 posts, read 661,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony45 View Post
Wow, what a story. I would avoid that entire eastern European area like the plague. Also reminds me of the movie "Hostel"
No need to project, a lot of Eastern Europe is alright. You should visit.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:31 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
No, watch "Taken". That happens more frequently than people imagine. It's why I stopped going to ***** houses. I was a single sailor and would go to such places. The early ones I went to were women working for some extra money or working their way across Europe for holiday (vacation). When I got to Eastern Europe, I saw a big difference and stopped going entirely. These were women forced into prostitution by the Russian mafia. There was a recent big bust by police of sex slaves here in America tied to such organizations. Men, if you ever consider paying for sex, go to Nevada to one of the legal brothels. Don't go down the road. Better yet, don't do it at all.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:39 AM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Really...then why are you still here?? We are still under Bush...

Obama is president now. I guess some liberals think they will be affected for life by having Bush in the White House in the past and that thier lives will just never be the same. Hilarious.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:33 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,364,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
No need to project, a lot of Eastern Europe is alright. You should visit.
Word to that. One of my siblings is going to eastern europe while in college for diplomacy. Reports that everywhere she's going is beautiful and the people friendly, even though she is American. So long as you don't go looking for trouble, you won't find it typically. That's a general truism all over the world.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:17 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
I emigrated from Russia in '93. Trust me...we're not all like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies