Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 08:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Kind of a spinoff from the Ronald Reagan thread, but didn't want to hijack that one. I just curious how many self proclaimed right wingers regularly listen to some right wing talk radio.

I'm not a conservative, but personally I don't listen because I'm at work during the day. But on summer break, (I'm a high school teacher) I will occasionally tune in to Rush Limbaugh when I'm in my car running errands, but I don't go out of my way to listen to him or any others. Hannity's too dumb to be worth listening to, and Glenn Beck's crazy.

So here are my questions:

1. Which host(s) do you listen to?
2. Do you take them seriously, or are they "entertainers" to you?
3. How much news do you get from Fox as opposed to other sources?

Thanks!
mackinac81
I get all my TV news from Fox to answer your number 3 question.

I take the morning people and Megyn Kelly very seriously as far as news is concerned.

I listen to Beck every day although he quit Fox some time ago. I spend $9.95 to be able to hear any of his things, radio or TV, on his internet site. I like him much better these days since he isn't held back by anybody other than himself.

I also listen pretty closely to a couple of others along with Hannity and Susteren. Of course the basketball season takes me away from the evening shows since I get sick of politics and international news and love to see basketball played as it should have been.

Why did I waste time telling you all of this when you already knew it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
1. About 10 minutes of Rush and Savage, each.
2. Rush is all entertainment for me, Savage 75% informative/25% entertainment. Hannity annoys me, Beck comes off as immature and fake (trying to play Alex Jones and a neo-con at the same time). Savage is the only Ph.D. on the lineup and is the most professional of all of them. Rush just knows how to fashion his words without coming off like an idiot like Beck or a know-it-all like Hannity
3. Negligible amount. I use alternative sources, and I like to read The Daily Telegraph and The Australian and ABC.es

I do watch Fox Business on occassion, and I only watch Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano and Stossel
How long since you have seen Beck. He has been on the internet, only, for about 3 months and I am pretty sure that you don't pay the $4.95 that it takes to see him on the internet. He is his own boss there and nobody can tell him what to do or say as happened when he was on Fox and CNN. I really think that you might find him pretty informative if you saw him. You can see 2 weeks of him for free if you sign up and then decide to not continue.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:49 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm not a "right winger," but I'm labeled as one on City-Data, so here goes...
If you disagree with the gold standard, you're a Federal Reserve stooge. If you disagree with increasing taxes, you're a neo-con. If you think Obama should get a second chance, you're a left winger.

Welcome to C-D

Old 11-20-2011, 08:50 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
I get all my political news from here.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:51 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I watch the news and I watch Fox only... I don't watch commentators on Fox because they are just talking opinions... Fox is right, they are the most Fair and Balance NEWS organization around.. again we are not talking about commentators... I don't listen to radio talk show hosts for the same reason, they give opinions instead of the news... The only one I respect of commentators is Stossel because he plans a logical argument whereas the rest of them like to throw out rhetoric... idiots..

Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Of course we actually watch FOX news, the highest rated news network in our nation!

Yeppers, bored while driving in my car, it's the boldness of Michael Savage, Rusty Humphries, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. Glenn's radio is the best--he and his sidekicks are hilarious at times and yet I get "SINCERITY" from Glenn that doesn't require the discernment of a saint to realize.

We really listen and watch these. The proof is that they are money-makers.
I seldom hear Beck on radio except on his website where you can hear all of his shows that are archived there along with his video daily program. It is very easy to be able to just go to the site and see anything he has done so easily.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:53 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I watch the news and I watch Fox only... I don't watch commentators on Fox because they are just talking opinions... Fox is right, they are the most Fair and Balance NEWS organization around.. again we are not talking about commentators... I don't listen to radio talk show hosts for the same reason, they give opinions instead of the news...
Actually I tend to agree if you are just watching the new and not the talking heads it is probably no more biased than any other news since all the networks get there reporting from the same sources.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:58 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I listen to Rush when I can. If you listen for a while you'll realize that the guy is in fact insightful and able to see angles that others miss. I think he used to say that you had to listen to the show for 6 weeks to 'get it.' There's a reason why he still is thriving while talk radio generally in decline. I love a couple of his regular fill-ins too--Walter E Williams and Mark Steyn, both brilliant.

I don't like Hannity or Medved because they are too much GOP cheerleaders. Beck can be hilarious at times but you have to wade thru a lot of Elmer Gantry stuff to hear the funny stuff, so I don't often listen.

I like John Gibson too, also Lars Larson out of Portland, Oregon. I listen to a lot of talk radio. I've always had the pet theory that talk radio is an art form, and very few are good at it. And even those few who are good, have a tough time staying good. After a while they start to say the same things over & over.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:58 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times
I don't listen to Right-wing talk radio, except for Rush. I litsen to KFI AM 640 (KFI AM 640 More Stimulating Talk Radio, Chris Forte | Facebook) every day during the week because I can at my work. I sit at a concrete/asphalt recycling plant with a government contract waiting for the two or three trucks that will show up within the ten hours of my work day. With no electricity, I have to listen to the radio in my car. I listen to (in this order): Bill Handel, Rush Limbaugh (EIB is a KFI affiliate), Bill Carroll, and John and Ken. Only Rush is the one, true Right-winger in this line up.

As for TV, I rarely watch news and political shows. But when I want real, unbiased news I watch the local one; when I want news with commentary (and maybe a little entertainment) I watch Fox mostly, I like Bill O'Reilly, and John Stossel. Don't care much for Sean Hannity. He is the conservative and Fox version of Rachel Maddow.

I do watch MSNBC and CNN once in a while to get their version of the news, but Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz really turn me off.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:59 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Actually I tend to agree if you are just watching the new and not the talking heads it is probably no more biased than any other news since all the networks get there reporting from the same sources.
Evilnewbie is right, though. If you want fair news, then it's Fox & Friends, Happening Now, America's Newsroom, and America's News HQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies