Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 PM

970 posts, read 2,213,830 times

Advertisements

You are not likely to get out of the ticket. You can probably avoid a higher insurance premium by doing traffic school.

For future reference, the best way to avoid a ticket (besides the obvious of not speeding in the first place!) is being polite to the cop. If you are calm and polite they may waive the ticket or reduce the ticket from a higher fine to a lower one. If you freak out and start expecting them to apologize to you then no one is going to feel sorry for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 07:48 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
I decided I want to write a letter to this officer. Any advice?
What ever you do, do not write that you smelled bacon when he was approaching the car. He is not going to like that.

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
The cops here have been having problems because they have not fully identified their guns or equipment used in determining your speed. Seems if they don't fully identify it. people have been getting the tickets thrown out. Good luck.

I find the mentality that cops should give us outrageous tickets in order that a city can meet its budget to be vulgar.
Then put the cops out of business....obey the law!! That argument is so illogical.

I got a bogus ticket for making a lawful left-turn. I fought it and won. But then again, I was actually innocent, because as I said it was lawful and I was able to prove it.

But some speeders who can afford attorneys or who know tricks in the law sometimes do get off even when they're guilty. More inequality!!

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Just go Occupy the police department or courthouse.
I'm thinking the poster would definitely find some like-minded individuals over there.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:50 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
Yes, don't. You were speeding, you got a ticket. These things happen.

The officer didn't have it in for you. He'd have rather remained comfortable in his car than spent time writing your ticket.

Regardless of your personal financial circumstances you were in the wrong.

Suck it up, pay your fine, request traffic school so your insurance rates don't go up, and employ the self discipline required to begin your commute 10mins earlier so you don't get any more speeding tickets.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
My thought is that you admitted you are wrong, but still arguing as if you are correct and have done no wrong.

Once the ticket is written, its beyond the police officers control.

Tell it to the judge!!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
The officer is not going to care. If you feel you are innocent, then you need to fight it in court or by a trial of written declaration. That is what I did. Once the ticket is in the system, the officer can't do anything about it, but be a character witness for you, and from what you wrote, I don't expect that to happen.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,763,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
You are not likely to get out of the ticket. You can probably avoid a higher insurance premium by doing traffic school.

For future reference, the best way to avoid a ticket (besides the obvious of not speeding in the first place!) is being polite to the cop. If you are calm and polite they may waive the ticket or reduce the ticket from a higher fine to a lower one. If you freak out and start expecting them to apologize to you then no one is going to feel sorry for you.
Well I know now to just stop and not to freak out. And politely try to reason. I did write him a letter and was very polite in that. And I prayed over it.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:23 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,083 times
Quote:
Well I know now to just stop and not to freak out. And politely try to reason. I did write him a letter and was very polite in that. And I prayed over it.
May I ask what exactly it is you are contesting? Is it the fact that you were speeding or what? I am a bit confused.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Did you also pray for forgivenses for speeding? Or are you actually innocent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies