Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:14 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I think Walsh has figured out he's toast next year and is now auditioning for a radio/tv show. I'm sure his constituents are not thrilled.
You certainly have to question the judgement of politicians who do or say outrageous things. He certainly has plenty of skeletons in his closet. I guess he's trying to milk it for what it's worth before he exits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 06:25 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Don't know about dawn of man, but when it comes to the last 30 years, they pretty much take the cake.
I feel your pain, only longer.

How about these anonymous chaps?

The 99% #OWS #N17 EPIC MOMENT - YouTube
It needed saying. I'm glad they did.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:48 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
This (100% unedited version) was already posted on a coffee party facebook page disgusted by his behavior weeks ago.
"Cup of Joe" With Joe Walsh ~ UNO Bar & Grill, Gurnee 11-6-2011 - YouTube

Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Rakestraw responds to Walsh tirade
Quote:
* Melissa Rakestraw, who was one of the people loudly berated by Congressman Joe Walsh a week ago at a constituent event, sent me an e-mail over the weekend…

You recently posted about Joe Walsh’s screaming tirade. Unfortunately this tirade occurred in my face. I am extremely displeased to see you publish Walsh’s press release about my “feelings” on the encounter as if he speaks for me. From Walsh’s release:

“The woman I had the heated exchange with was great and she appreciated how open and unusual these events are. I apologized to her for getting a bit to passionate and she smiled and didn’t mind at all.”

I am that woman and I did in fact mind. You can clearly see in the video that when he gets in my face and is yelling I say, “stop screaming at me, I’m not screaming at you.”... Mr. Walsh had no respect whatsoever for my boundaries and my direct request to stop screaming at me. There was a reason that I had placed the bar stool between myself and Mr. Walsh before he even went on the tirade, I did not want him in my space... I know for a fact he never said, “I’m sorry.”

Several times throughout the day I smiled at him, usually because I thought that what he was saying was laughable. I’m really disappointed that because I conducted myself with dignity in the face of ignorance that I’m being seen as someone who tolerates being berated by a nonsensical fool. I had no intention of lowering myself to his level and responding with obnoxious behavior.
Melissa, if you're listening-- I 100% get it. I know exactly what I'm looking at. Would this not be grounds for arrest if it were the other way around, or coming from an OWS member? Or anyone, really? Next time be sure to arrive with a bull horn if 'might makes right' is the only thing he comprehends.

Indeed, Joe, there is no debate. There is no reasoning. There is lockstep obeisance to a demented ideology that created the nightmare in the first place. Every one of your arguments blames the car for the operators and the failure of government to do it's own job in deference to 'privatized' cronyism. There is a wholesale rejection of your idiocy. Buh bye now.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:23 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Are teabaggers like Dirty sanchezers or donkey punchers?

I mean, since it's ok to use a sex act to describe a political party.....seems kinda hypocritical to not allow dirty sanchezers for the unwashed OWS crowd or donkey punchers for democrats?

Hmmmmmmmm.....now you can delete this as off-topic but the precedent is established that it's A-OK to use a graphic sex act as a parody of a party name.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:30 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Are teabaggers like Dirty sanchezers or donkey punchers?

I mean, since it's ok to use a sex act to describe a political party.....seems kinda hypocritical to not allow dirty sanchezers for the unwashed OWS crowd or donkey punchers for democrats?

Hmmmmmmmm.....now you can delete this as off-topic but the precedent is established that it's A-OK to use a graphic sex act as a parody of a party name.
The tea party are the first ones who came up with that term. Take it up with teabaggers.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:53 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Yeah pretty much. He seems a little too angry for Fox News proper. They'll probably stick him on FBN between the libertarian crank and the paleoconservative crank.

Hopefully Onion News Network will make a parody called Angry Shouting Guy Who Hates Women and His Own Children.
>>>>>> MSNBC's already done it. Its called The Ed Schultz Show.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:54 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,825 times
Joe Walsh is a special brand of hypocritical pyscho that only the tea-tards could embrace!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:56 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Just when you thought it was not possible for the Republican party to look any worse, here comes Mr. walsh. The Republican party needs to put a muzzle on that dog.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:01 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
This post fits in nicely worth the OWS movement, full of lies.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This post fits in nicely worth the OWS movement, full of lies.
What about the story is a lie? That he is a deadbeat dad or that he called OWS anti American? Or were you referring to your own post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies