Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 06:43 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

The outrage is interesting....it seems to deginerate into a left vs right thing....rather than the idea that women are labelled in such a negative way in a public setting.

and anyone stating that The Roots are talentless, etc.. clearly have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I'll take shots at them all day long, especially that N who thought it was a cool thing to do. BTW, being classless is NOT having a sense of humor. I know class is only used to divide with the Left, but it does have another meaning.
Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 07:15 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
About sums it up.
Quite ironic really, given the thread regarding the Jane Fonda bumper sticker.
I didn't even open that one. I was already having a crappy and stressful day and I was afraid it would push me over the edge.

But, yeah, the conservatives on this forum have said some really horrible and disrespectful things about our First Lady and they're going to be outraged over this Fallon/Bachmann thing?

And, for the record, Michelle Bachmann is a lying ass *****.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:06 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I don't really need to guess....I know what those "classy " Repugnants mean.

They think that IS a classy word !!!!
He wasn't speaking for me, rest assured. I reported his post and put him on ignore.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:10 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/22/video-fallon-sandbags-bachmann-with-lyin-ass-*****-intro-music/ (broken link)

Glenn Beck blasts Jimmy Fallon for playing 'Lyin Ass *****' for Michele Bachmann Entrance - YouTube

You got something to say, dont do it in a cowardly way. Say it to her face if you are going to be so despicable.

I wonder where NOW is...hmmm. Same place they always are when a conservative woman is disrespected. Hiding and silent.

Im no big Bachmann fan, but that was just pathetic and shameful. Sadly, it is what I expect from many liberals. Not all, but many.

Note that the loser drummer who was part of this tweeted something about it. He also happens to have a picture of Obama as his main pic. Doesnt surprise me in the least.

Im going to go out on a limb and say that there's a good chance that piece of trash likes Obama mostly because he's black.

Also, one can only imagine if that was done to a non-Conservative woman. The people behind it would be blasted and stomped on and thered be a demand for people to be fired and we would never hear the end of it.
Who the hell is Jimmy Fallon?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Fallon has apologized for what happened:

Jimmy Fallon Apologizes For Show's Controversial Musical Message To Michele Bachmann | Fox News

Old 11-22-2011, 09:20 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I think Beck was right when he called Fallon a little girl. It was a juvenile and unprofessional thing to do but somebody thought it was clever. Fallon is one of those people where you wonder just how they ever made it into show business let alone became relatively successful. Maybe he's trying to get Letterman's job when he finally completely burns out and can't maintain the human being facade anymore.
I don't listen to Beck and his personality grates on me but he does call them as he sees them.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:23 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Who the hell is Jimmy Fallon?
Fallon is a celebrity, a comedian...Repugs worship people like these and believe they are politcal pundits who speaks for EVERY member of their political party..(like Limbaugh, Beck and other entertainers).

Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You mean like when Michelle Obama was booed at the NASCAR race over the weekend, or are you talking more about like Rush Limbaugh attacking a 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton for her looks?

How outraged were you about those two events?
>>>
Or David Letterman calling Sarah Palin's youngest daughter a **** or Ed Schultz using the same term to describe Laura Ingraham? Or the racist attacks from the lef ton Condoleezza Rice.
Yes, just how outraged were we?

Old 11-22-2011, 10:33 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>
Or David Letterman calling Sarah Palin's youngest daughter a **** or Ed Schultz using the same term to describe Laura Ingraham? Or the racist attacks from the lef ton Condoleezza Rice.

Wrong is wrong. Please don't act like the right is more classy than the left. If the OP did not feel the need to say something about liberals or participate in and condone this behavior when it is directed at people on the left, maybe what he said would be more valid and this would not be a right/left issue. Apparently Jimmy Fallon had enough class to apologize unlike people who call the FLOTUS Moochelle, boo her, flip the POTUS the bird or the call people "N" in discussion forums. When does it stop? Where does it end? You really aren't the bigger person when you call the POTUS Obummer, the FLOTUS Moochelle or remain silent when your friends do but flock to any thread accusing liberals of being immature, classless or disrespectful.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:42 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>
Yes, and I believe both Ed Schultz and David Letterman apologized. I know that not only did Ed Schultz apologize, he voluntarily took himself off the air for a week or two.

I don't remember attacks on Condoleeze Rice for anything other than her politics, but I will admit to having a bit of a foggy memory.

When is Rush going to apologize for "Barack the Magic Negro" and for calling the First Lady "uppity" and any of his other blatantly racist references to our president and his family?

Or Beck, for claiming that our President has a "deep seated hatred for the white culture" when he was pretty much raised by his white grandparents and who I've never seen or ready anything but gratitude and love and respect for them expressed by him?

You FAIL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies