Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 04:08 PM

128 posts, read 222,420 times

Advertisements

As a liberal woman, I have to say I think it was extremely disrespectful for Fallon to play a demeaning song to introduce Michelle Bachman. I strenuously disagree with her politics and think she would nott be an effective president, but we should strive to treat each other with respect. Equally, Rush should have suggested a demeaning song regarding Michelle Obama.

My defination of being liberal includes advocating for fair and respectful treatment of others. I believe many conservatives include this in their beliefs as well.

Wouldn't it be a nice continuation of this thread to see both conservatives and liberals affirming respect for all. Don't let me down. : )

Old 11-23-2011, 04:28 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,260,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cltpeep View Post
As a liberal woman, I have to say I think it was extremely disrespectful for Fallon to play a demeaning song to introduce Michelle Bachman. I strenuously disagree with her politics and think she would nott be an effective president, but we should strive to treat each other with respect. Equally, Rush should have suggested a demeaning song regarding Michelle Obama.

My defination of being liberal includes advocating for fair and respectful treatment of others. I believe many conservatives include this in their beliefs as well.

Wouldn't it be a nice continuation of this thread to see both conservatives and liberals affirming respect for all. Don't let me down. : )
Respect? Wow, you are new here.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:32 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Rotflmao

Old 11-23-2011, 04:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Hardliners cry whenever one of their own take some heat but have no problem dishing it out. The same ones who condemn Rush for making fun of Mrs. Obama's butt have no problem trashing how Rush looks.
Yes Obama holds the office of POTUS and we should respect the office. Humor is a tough thing. Whats funny to me might not be funny to someone else. For example I don't find most of todays sitcoms very amusing. I dont find it amusing when Our elected officials refuse to compromise and then spew lame excuses.
I don't find it amusing when our POTUS feels that the needs of foreigners out weigh the needs of our own citizens.
They have chosen a public life, they have chosen to accept the good with the bad. When they leave, like the clintons they will stand to make millions. I would say that they are well compensated for the moments of discomfort a few barbs may inflict.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:12 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
On his Wednesday show, radio host Rush Limbaugh illustrated what would otherwise be an ill-advised hypothetical situation by suggesting that if Michelle Obama were to appear on his radio show, he would introduce the first lady with Sir-Mix-A-Lot’s 1992 hit “Baby Got Back.”

Limbaugh’s goal was to “illustrate” what the reaction would be, compared to the scant attention given when GOP presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann was introduced on Jimmy Fallon’s Monday night NBC program to Fishbone’s “Lyin’ Ass *****.”

Read more: Limbaugh | Michelle Obama | Baby Got Back | The Daily Caller
Michelle's Bachman's appearance and the song that was played with it got plenty of attenion.

And Limbaugh was trying, in his words, "illustrate absurdity by benig absurd." He was pointing out the double-standard in the Liberal press.

I laughed my ass off and danced!! It was very funny!!

Some people should get off the pc crap and grow a funny-bone.

And if you don't like Rush, why do you start threads about him? Sounds illogical. And stop posting only a few minutes of his show. Listen to the whole thing and get the proper context and tone, and not just the part your leftist commanders tell you to.

Last edited by cmforte; 11-23-2011 at 07:28 PM..

Old 11-23-2011, 07:14 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I think most people in the country are f'ing idiots and that's why I'm not really social anymore.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:49 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
I say Michelle should go for it, just as long as they play this song for Rush's entrance

Cypress Hill - I Wanna Get High (HQ) - YouTube

Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,206 times
Rush is right, all you have to say to a liberal at thanksgiving is that " Obama is gonna lose" even his own democratic pollsters are asking Obama to step down.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:01 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Maybe Rush was looking at his own butt in a mirror, since he can't see it otherwise, when he thought of the song.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
And if you don't like Rush, why do you start threads about him?

He lives in their heads rent free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies