Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 07:36 AM

471 posts, read 601,056 times

Advertisements

I wonder, since many on the left decry racism, bigotry, sexism, chauvinism, etc against adults, why do they tolerate it, even indulge in it against children. I have heard so many hateful things said about children, especially about planes or restaurants that equals the worst racism and bigotry I've heard against adults.

Why is it tolerated and by many even indulged in? I believe it is selfishness.

Everyone was a child once, and I doubt everyone was always well behaved. Sure there are disciplinary problems these days, but much of that is also because parents are dis-empowered by the rules of the left (i.e. let the child run free)

A couple of things:

1. People who don't like kids better never take a dime of Social Security or Medicare because today's kids are the ones who will be paying for those benefits.

2. Children today will be taking care of the "haters" when they are old and enfeebled. Hopefully they will have more grace and compassion for the haters than the haters had for them.

3. Children today are the most exploited group of people on the planet. The list of atrocities are too long to mention here. I imagine that many of the haters feel more sympathy towards animals than they do towards children.(many I've seen are ironically animal rights activists, usually have stickers on bags or cars and such) Sickening.

Kids are people too, with the same rights to exist as any person, I suspect that many the people who hate kids so much and constantly complain about being "inconvenienced" harbor the same bigotries towards the elderly and disabled.

For all those who hate children, I wonder what the world would have been if your mother had hated kids too, perhaps never had kids, you would have never been around to hate children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 AM

932 posts, read 1,178,001 times
I would have taken your post seriously had you omitted the "on the left" part from the subject as it has nothing to do with bigotry towards children.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:43 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Most of the time, its not the kids people are complaining about. It's their worthless parents that either can't control their kids or simply don't give a crap that they are annoying everyone else on the plane, in the restaurant, etc.

Sometimes people need to look in the mirror as the problem is not their offspring but them themselves.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
I would have taken your post seriously had you omitted the "on the left" part from the subject as it has nothing to do with bigotry towards children.
Then why don't you address it as such, certainly it isn't limited to the left, but it is disproportionately high by people who would be considered left leaning, and that it a puzzle . I put on the left because the left holds itself as the vanguard of fighting bigotry. Yet when it comes to children, it seems that conservative minded people hold more compassion, while leftists hold more compassion for animals.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:49 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
Then why don't you address it as such, certainly it isn't limited to the left, but it is disproportionately high by people who would be considered left leaning, and that it a puzzle . I put on the left because the left holds itself as the vanguard of fighting bigotry. Yet when it comes to children, it seems that conservative minded people hold more compassion, while leftists hold more compassion for animals.
Conservatives have more compassion? What on earth are you talking about? Compassionate conservative is an oxymoron.

I have no clue where you got the idea that the left allows bigotry towards children. We are the one's who oppose bullying in schools, while conservatives say "suck it up and beat up the bully!"

Old 11-24-2011, 07:51 AM

932 posts, read 1,178,001 times
Quote:
I'd like to see some statistics on this. These are just blanket assumptions (right wing = care more for children, left wing = care more for animals). There must be statistics out there to prove your point?

Old 11-24-2011, 07:53 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:

Can you back that up or is it just your perspective?

I have an equal amount of "left" and "right" friends, acquaintances, and associates.

I first would like to state that I don't see this "hatred" toward children that you are witnessing. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but I certainly have not been exposed to this.

I have come across a few people in my group, and especially on the internet, griping about kids. I find them equally disbursed through party lines. I'm not seeing this as a "liberal" or "conservative" mindset at all. In fact, if you made me have to classify it this way, I couldn't pin it on anyone. A diehard liberal that I know has such a love of kids that's it's almost funny.

There is an overall issue in society that has, in my experience, started in the late 80s, where people think their kids are so special and precious and that they can do no wrong. That thinking has changed from the 50s-70s, where it was almost the extreme opposite--children should be seen and not heard, the teacher and school is always right, and so on. Now it is all about "my kids should be able to express themselves wherever and whenever they want so they can feel good about themselves" or "the teacher is a bully and hates my child and persecutes him." It has gone so far off that these little kids get out in public and act like little monsters, the parents beam and smile, and everyone else is miseable.

If anything, a more "liberal" mindset (and I don't mean politically) has created a lot of misbehaved children.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:59 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Agreed! Ususally, when talking about misbehaving kids here on CD, the politics of the poster is irrelevant. You find people on "both sides of the aisle" agreeing and disagreeing.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:20 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,058,406 times
Wow, what a long straw man argument. No facts, just "I heard it!" Without proof there is not truth.

If people want to make up fictional stories to demonize people they don't agree with, it's just pathetic.

Oh, and don't ask for negative proof...unless you can disprove my invisible pink unicorn first.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Wow, what a long straw man argument. No facts, just "I heard it!" Without proof there is not truth.

If people want to make up fictional stories to demonize people they don't agree with, it's just pathetic.
Yawn, the bigotry towards children was clearly displayed even on this thread, I guess you didn't read any of the previous posts.

But that is ok, you would probably derided the claims of racism demonstrated in the south because after all, its just that people disagreed with you.

Self serving denial with the typical refrain, puh puh puh puh prrrrrrooooooooooooovvvvveee it to me. I can't see it (while holding their hands over their eyes and ears) "I've got no responsibility to research anything for myself, nope nope nope, its all you, can't see notin' "

Willful ignorance, a common refuge of a scoundrel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies