Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2011, 03:24 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,936 times

Advertisements

I was watching on rotten CBS . The Game was tied with 1:33 to go.
Without warning they went to the Giants game . I had to get up , go the PC and listen on Broncos radio .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 03:37 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
Players/coaches that are way, way worse than Tim Tebow:

Adam Jones
Ray Lewis
Donte Stalworth
Tom Cable
Tank Johnson
Cedric Benson
Leonard Little(retired I think)

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more
You forgot Big Ben Roethlesburger

Old 12-04-2011, 05:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Go Saints!
Go Dolphins!

Old 12-04-2011, 06:20 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Its how he plays the game , not just that he wins them.
This professional athlete is so devoted to God he claims he is still a virgin , saving himself for marriage . A better Christian than myself indeed .
I love to watch this guy play , he wins , his team loves him , the fans love him . Yes he is All Jesus All the time , you get used to it.

Here are some helpful hints/links to becoming a fan.
Tebow is 4-1 in his five starts this year playing for the Denver Broncos.
Espn coverage of Tebow is Massive for a 2nd year guy .
The GM that drafted Tebow was fired , Elway took a long time to give him a chance to play this year , fans spent their own money putting up billboards " Let Tebow play"
The anti -Tebow broadcasters pepper him with questions like he was GW Bush ! He does very well for him self in every interview . Its not Chris Christie but its good .

CBS reacts to controversial Tebow Super Bowl ad - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN
A big deal was made about Tebow family Super Bowl ad . Left goes nuts ,tries to get ad pulled without first watching it LMAO.
Tebowing
1 page explaining Te bow ing ( Tebow praying on the field )

News Flash: Tim Tebow Loves Jesus :: :: FITSNewsFITSNews
In fact the Denver Broncos quarterback is so open about his faith that it’s beginning to annoy people – like former Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer, whotold a Phoenix radio station earlier this week that he’s had enough of Tebow’s incessant Holy Rolling

Bill Maher Suggests The GOP Nominate Tim Tebow For President (VIDEO) - The Huffington Post

Last Friday comedian Bill Maher suggested the GOP nominate Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow for president in 2012, though it wasn't the most flattering of proposed nominations since Maher is never one to mince words.

"Tim Tebow is so cuckoo for Christianity that he used to write Bible verses in the charcoal under his eyes. Creepy to some, but for redneck America, they couldn't love this guy more if he was sculpted out of bacon," Maher said.

Just before explaining that Tebow was picked by the Broncos despite his inability to throw like a girl ("Naomi Campbell has a more impressive completion rate with cellphones") Maher said that the quarterback's reputation for Tebowing -- a knight-like prayer pose -- would make him right at home among other presidential hopefuls.
What if you're conservative and Jewish? No room for that in your tent, I guess.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:21 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
Tebow has great willpower.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:33 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Go Dolphins!
So, how are the Dolphins playing with another Saints reject runningback? Hehe

At least this one won't be playing high on blunts.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:50 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So, how are the Dolphins playing with another Saints reject runningback? Hehe

At least this one won't be playing high on blunts.
Reggie Bush? Great. Reggie scored another TD today, and ran for 100 yards. Miami beat Raiders 34-14 largerly because of Bush (Raiders scored those 14 on garbage time). He has already ran more yards in Miami than he did at any full season with Saints, and we are only 12 games into the season. And that's with a slow start when he was getting used to the new system.

And Ricky broke records in Miami for a long time. I forget where he is now. Ravens?

Old 12-04-2011, 07:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Tebow won the game? Whatever happened to "there is no "I" in "team" "? I think the Broncos won the game.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
What if you're conservative and Jewish? No room for that in your tent, I guess.
Jesus was born a Jew , raised by Jews and is held high in religious books of Jews ( and Muslims BTW ) . Please don't burden us with your negative ignorant posts .

Old 12-05-2011, 07:21 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I had heard about Tebow but his being on the Denver Broncos made him pretty much fly under my radar. Then I picked up on some hostility being directed against him, more than was usual for a rookie quarterback. Or any quarterback. I also picked up on some support of him, praising him. Not as much as the hostility but still present. Then I researched him and saw the reason... the prayer. Bingo. People were criticizing his playing based on that for the most part and jumping at any chance to bash him. Likewise he was getting praise for the prayer bit. Lost in the shuffle was praise or criticism based on his ability to play, it was just too early to tell one way or the other.
I'm glad he's gotten better and done pretty well, he seems like a breath of fresh air. Kind of like Kurt Warner who came out of nowhere and fulfilled his dream. You have great quarterbacks that are not great people... Ben Rothleseberger, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, and you get tired of the primadonism or bumsmanship. Not to mention all the other players in all the other positions. Personally I don't expect athletes to have to be choir boys, they're paid to play and win. And they're way overpaid so of course most act like clowns.
Good for Denver for playing the guy. They could do a lot worse. He's no Aaron Rogers yet but maybe someday. Or maybe not. Give him a chance. Show some tolerance for the religion thing, you shouldn't be frightened by something thats different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies