Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 06:35 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Well, I can't stand by and let you scream a LIE!!! God, your Creator, and mine....and ALL Creation, IS REAL. - I hope you realize that FACT before you face HIM!
Lie? Prove it is a lie. Really as simple as that.

Go Obama! Hope he omits that stupid lie every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

It is your decision to Accept the TRUTH, or reject the Truth. NOT my problem!!! Best Regards

Old 11-29-2011, 06:54 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Well, I can't stand by and let you scream a LIE!!! God, your Creator, and mine....and ALL Creation, IS REAL. - I hope you realize that FACT before you face HIM!
When I see such fervor like this, I really wonder what the threshold of believability is. When does it cross into psychosis?

Honest people of logic, reason and science always look at all sides of every argument to ensure that what they think is true. When does "faith" become "crazy" to you believers? Is there any gray area or is it always 100% belief?

Do over-the-top preachers on Sunday TV make you feel creepy about your own beliefs? Or do people like David Koresh only deepen your conviction? Where is the line between faith and crazy? Do you care?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:03 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Quote:
I DO. - But God can hide from you...unless you have Faith in Him...and Seek Him. Then, HE reveals Himself to you. I have the Experience of the reality of God! - You, just have an argument, based on nothing of substance!
God is REAL to you - and that's just fine with me. But, don't presume to know what I should believe.

Babbling paraphrased scripture does nothing for your argument - which is truly based on nothing of substance.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:10 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

"We are Americans. And for all this, we give our humble thanks -- to our predecessors, to one another, and to God."

That's what Go Obama ! said when pardoning 2 turkeys this Thanksgiving.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:53 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Honest people of logic, reason and science always look at all sides of every argument to ensure that what they think is true. When does "faith" become "crazy" to you believers? Is there any gray area or is it always 100% belief?
There should be a gray area, but I see many athiests posting on here who are 100% certain there is nothing. My beliefs are based more on science than spirituality. Tens of thousands of accounts of near death experiences, out of body experiences, experiences with the paranormal, etc. It's easy to dimiss some of them, even most of them, but to dismiss every single account as misunderstood, a hallucination or made up is harder for me to dismiss. The common reports of "an overwhelming feeling of love and peace" during a near death experience is what leaves me open to references to religion, that and many religions have similar beliefs dating back thousands of years, which leads me to believe they all stemmed from something of substance. How much they've been changed or distorted over the years is a different story. Thinking that various cultures and religions have believed in an afterlife in some form or another since the earliest civilizations makes me have doubts that they all just "made up fairy tales". But I also leave room for the possibilty that I'm wrong. If I am, then when I die I won't know the difference anyway. No harm no foul.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:35 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
No, I have not seen athiests attacked on this forum. Not to say that it doesn't happen, but I can't recall seeing it. It's not a question of being able to "handle" one poster respond to another, and I was not "in agreement" with the OP, if you bothered to read all of my posts instead of picking the parts you want to attack me on you'd know that. It was politely stating that others who are not on the extremes find it offensive. I don't understand your issue with that.

I haven't seen any anti-muslim threads lately, but if I see one come up I'll make sure to comment. For the record, since you haven't seen any comment from me, I respect the views of Muslims. I'm not ignorant enough to think they are all the same, that they all think we're infidels, etc. Just like any religion they have extremists who make the entire collective look bad. If you're a Muslim, Buddist, athiest, or whatever, I respect your beliefs because what YOU believe does not affect ME. The difference is, I don't attack others' beliefs like some on this forum do. It is only when someone's beliefs cause them to perform acts of violence or force their beliefs on others that I have a problem.
While I will agree the attacking other people's beliefs is something that shouldn't be done when you have the OP making the comments he made attacks are going to fly. It was an attack post from the get go (and other posts from the OP since then)

Old 11-29-2011, 08:42 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
While I will agree the attacking other people's beliefs is something that shouldn't be done when you have the OP making the comments he made attacks are going to fly. It was an attack post from the get go (and other posts from the OP since then)
Yeah, I know. He was asking for it. Problem is that it's these kinds of people who make entire groups of people look bad. It happens with relgions, movements like the tea party and OWS, etc, etc. One bad apple..... But, such is life. I think he may be a couple fries short of a happy meal anyway.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
I wish to thank the "brave", "respectful" christian who gave me the vulgar, nastily worded rep!!!

A rep's a rep!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:01 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Why do Christians whine so much? Who's the one on here whining that they shouldn't have to be grateful? Continue to be an ingrate and feel sorry for yourself, and I will continue to be thankful for what I have instead of crying about what I don't.
ExcUUUse me! But once again you failed to read the OP....WHINING because his "god" wasn't mentioned by Obama....a LIE.

And did you know LYING is a sin in your world?

Yup, saying that I posted I shouldn't be grateful is pretty much a lie.

"feel sorry for myself'...never happened (boy! The sins are piling up)

I like your last sentence...."I will continue to be thankful for what I have instead of crying about what I don't"""

..it is SO Repugchristian...translated it says, "I got mine, screw anyone else, I will ignore the bad like a child does...""

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 11-29-2011 at 09:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies