Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 08:51 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So ridiculous......
I've been pulled out of the line for
A) the makeup mirror I always have in my carry on.
B) Having too much jewelry in the same carry on.
When asked to have my jewelry searched, I said of course, as long as I can videotape the search.
I was promptly whisked through security.
It was female TSA agents that wanted to search my jewelry.
Hmmmm...trying to steal your bling most likely.

My Mom flew last year to visit my relatives out west...she's in her 70's and the typical older plain spoken midwestern lady that could care less what anyone says or thinks...when the TSA went through their grope-a-thon with her,she asked them if they were going to buy her dinner afterwards...she said they actually blushed and sent her on her way..she thought it was really funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 08:57 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Hmmmm...trying to steal your bling most likely.

My Mom flew last year to visit my relatives out west...she's in her 70's and the typical older plain spoken midwestern lady that could care less what anyone says or thinks...when the TSA went through their grope-a-thon with her,she asked them if they were going to buy her dinner afterwards...she said they actually blushed and sent her on her way..she thought it was really funny.
If my bling had been fake, I wouldnt have really cared...when I pulled my phone out and held it in the recording position, I was told that I couldnt do that, to which I replied, Bu**sh*t!
Love the story about your mom, she is a Midwestern lady much like my own mom, I have always tried to model myself on women such as them.
Some men just cant handle that.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:50 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
TSA should have a list of things we can wear when we go to the airport.

Maybe a skin tight unitard?

Make their lives easier.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
TSA should have a list of things we can wear when we go to the airport.

Maybe a skin tight unitard?

Make their lives easier.
<shudder>

Pretty soon someone will try to sneak something up their nose (or other orifices) and we'll have a lovely internal exam before we fly. By some undertrained creep, most likely.

I dread the next time I have to fly, because of the TSA, that flying is like traveling cattle class these days, and because it will probably be for a funeral.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:11 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But who will keep us safe from the boogeyman al-Qaida that's hiding in our underpants???
Maybe that explains why TSA used the master key to unlock my luggage after it went through security to be loaded on the plane and scoured around in my personal belongings??? They didn't even have the courtesy to put the lock back on my luggage.

This reminds me of two instances I experienced.

First one, arrived at JFK on an international flight, cleared security and at the last check point in front of me was a man in full Afghani dress (the hat was a dead giveaway, pantaloons, long top) with his trolley stacked with boxes tied in rope and got a wave through by security. I stepped up and was told to put all my luggage on the master ex-ray machine. All I could think was WTF??? That guy could have had a goat stashed in one of those boxes and he got a wave through!!!

Second time was when hubby and I arrived from an international flight at SF. Reached the last checkpoint to exit, I got a wave through, hubby got stopped which we always anticipate when going "home" (profiled). Then I got pulled over with him. Again, luggage (total of 4 pieces) on master ex-ray machine. When it came through the security guy said there was a "pipe" in the baggage (explosive??). I told him it was a cigar case. Never opened the luggage to check it, just gave us a wave through. Had to wonder if they needed an "excuse" to cover up the profiling.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:46 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That is so true. All it takes is a GED to apply to be a TSA agent.
According to Family Guy, you also need to be potato-shaped

DHS did detain a British couple when they tweeted that they were going to "destroy America"
Emily Bunting and Leigh Van Bryan: UK tourists arrested over 'destroy America' Twitter jokes | Daily Mail Online
They meant they were going to hit up bars and party hard. Unfortunately, they didn't mention that in the Tweet. DHS took that a bit too seriously/literally. They had their visas cancelled midflight, were detained at LAX, denied entry into the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies