Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 05:10 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,398,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You seem to be conceptually challenged on this very simple matter. Males who have sex with males are homosexual. If they have sex with a male child it is a double perversion.
So.....you choose to remain willfully ignorant on this matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,608,271 times
It's just sex.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:11 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So.....you choose to remain willfully ignorant on this matter?
If homosexual promotion propaganda is what you refer to as "knowledge", then yes, I'll stay ignorant.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:12 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,472,340 times
Quote:
We have no business trying to export our nation's perverted immorality, such as abortion and homosexuality.
Lavat basically refers to male homosexuality.

Quote:
Article 110: The hadd [punishment] for lavat where penetration has occurred is death and the method of execution is at the discretion of the Sharia judge.
Article 111: Lavat is punishable by death so long as both the active and passive partners are mature, of sound mind, and have acted of free will.
Article 112: If a mature man commits an act of lavat with a minor the active partner [i.e. mature man] will be executed and the passive partner will, unless he has acted under duress, receive up to 74 lashes of the whip.
Quote:
Article 120: The Shari’a judge may rule [issue a verdict] on the basis of the knowledge which he has acquired through generally accepted methods (i.e. his deductions and examinations).
Lesbians are not let off the hook, but at least the punishment for mosaheqeh (female homosexuality) is "less severe".

Quote:
Article 134: If two women, who are unrelated to one another, lie, without necessity, naked under the same cover, they will each be punished by less than 100 lashes of the whip. If the act is repeated and the ta‘zir punishment is in each case administered, on the third occasion the hadd punishment of 100 lashes will be incurred.
Except for the fact that there have been several cases of women being lashed so violently that they died during the process.

Iranian Islamic Punishment Code on Homosexuality (http://irqr.net/islamicpunishment-e.htm - broken link)

Yep. That is just the epitome of good morals right there. How dare we export our nation's perverted immorality to countries with such excellent moral practices as lashing and hanging. They serve as excellent models...we should really take after them. Especially the part where a judge can make up anything based on his "deductions and examinations" and use that as a basis to execute someone. Really, that should be the golden standard for due process.

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 12-07-2011 at 07:22 AM..

Old 12-07-2011, 07:17 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
How dare we export our nation's perverted immorality to countries with such excellent moral practices as lashing and hanging. They serve as excellent models...we should really take after them.
Compare the crime rates...

Old 12-07-2011, 07:28 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,155,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
change gays to Women/Blacks and you will see why its an issue. Because not so long ago, women couldn't vote, and didn't have a say in their reproductive rights. Blacks were treated a second class citizens.

Yeah because being born black and being born a women(which is a biological fact thay everybody can see) is the same as somebody thinking they're born gay.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Voted the most arrogant post of the day !

I think you ment to say the most ignorant post of the day.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Nope. Let's just let Iran continue to hang people for being gay. Nothing wrong with that at all.

WARNING: I'm assuming this is graphic.

Gay people all over the world can face torture, rape, and even the death penalty. At least the administration is realizing where the bulk of our work is in terms of standing up for gay rights. Gay marriage in the U.S. is child's play compared to the issues that gay people face in other countries.

But to say it doesn't matter? Really? I guess the Holocaust was just "an agenda" and not one of the many problems we need to address too?

You're willing to go to war with Iran over gay people? Because I'm not.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Compare the crime rates...
Wait...are you serious? You really think we should take after Iranian Shari'a Law?

Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You're willing to go to war with Iran over gay people? Because I'm not.
Who said go to war? I'm just talking about Obama's decision to decrease or cut off aid to countries with such outrageous laws. I don't know what the exact situation is between us and Iran financially at the moment, but other countries with similar laws that are receiving aid from the U.S. shouldn't be anymore. I am talking about Iran cause it's the country I know the most about. However there are many other countries with comparable situations legally and socially in regards to the lack of gay rights. I am also responding to posters who seem to think we shouldn't care or that this issue isn't an urgent one. Knowing the kind of atrocities that happen in these countries and letting it happen is akin to knowing the Holocaust is happening and just "letting it slide". Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies