Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 09:46 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,809,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
You just voluntarily made that thought process.

PS: and you did it without ever getting to know the person...
It's not voluntary. I'm not choosing to find them attractive. They just are.

If I like chocolate and vanilla ice cream, I can choose which one I wish to eat. However, if I like Vanilla, but don't like Chocolate, I cannot choose to like chocolate. If I don't like it, I don't like it. No amount of choosing to like it will make it taste better to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 09:49 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,631,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's not voluntary. I'm not choosing to find them attractive. They just are.

If I like chocolate and vanilla ice cream, I can choose which one I wish to eat. However, if I like Vanilla, but don't like Chocolate, I cannot choose to like chocolate. If I don't like it, I don't like it. No amount of choosing to like it will make it taste better to me.
Comparing people, well sex...to food now are we? You do not like Chocolate because you choose to not like it. It is just that simple.

People are a bit more complicated. Ever been attracted to someone and then you got to know them, and then you were not attracted to that person any more?

Same with Chocolate, it looked good, until you tried it...then you choose, it's not for you.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:00 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,809,914 times
Quote:
Comparing people, well sex...to food now are we? You do not like Chocolate because you choose to not like it. It is just that simple.

People are a bit more complicated. Ever been attracted to someone and then you got to know them, and then you were not attracted to that person any more?

Same with Chocolate, it looked good, until you tried it...then you choose, it's not for you.
Forget it, I'm not continuing this ridiculous discussion with someone who can't even fathom how being attracted to someone is not a choice. When you get back to planet earth, let me know.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Forget it, I'm not continuing this ridiculous discussion with someone who can't even fathom how being attracted to someone is not a choice. When you get back to planet earth, let me know.
Again, so sad when people think they are powerless to make choices in their lives.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,538,101 times
Is this because he has messed-up and/or failed to repair our country so pitifully that he's now focused on fixing the world? After all, when he campaigned and yet went to Germany before ever being elected, one reporter there spoke about him saying that he was the future president of the US, and maybe future president of the world. Hmmm....

Old 12-08-2011, 10:49 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,832,900 times
If parents strictly controlled their children..never let them out their sight..homosexuals would eventually die out.

Their perverted, hedonistic lifestyle needs to recruit children in order to survive.

Watch your kids. They seek them.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:08 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,580,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yeah because being born black and being born a women(which is a biological fact thay everybody can see) is the same as somebody thinking they're born gay.
you mean someone experiencing being gay their whole life without chioce, like straight people do for being straight.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
you mean someone experiencing being gay their whole life without chioce, like straight people do for being straight.
I could choose to be gay. Ask freud he'll tell ya.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:48 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,580,035 times
Quote:
I could choose to be gay. Ask freud he'll tell ya.
being gay isn't a behavior you know. i'm 34 and still a virgin,

Old 12-09-2011, 06:38 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,492,540 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is about sexual behavior, nothing more. I'm not sold on the attraction thing. I'm sorry, it just doesn't fly with me. We have the ability to choose and modify our behavior at any given time.

I have read the story in the Bible about Sodom. Even the site I linked to said, the story has been frade out over the years, it is best to read it first hand from the source.
\\
How do I propose gays stop being gay? By returning the word to its old definition of happy and making a different choice in their behaviors.

The U.S. is not only permitting of homosexual behavior, it is promoting it as well. Two things come to mind:

Reap what you sow...&
Behold what you stand for, be careful what you fall for...

If the shoe was on the other foot and other countries were here, telling the U.S. what we should do and how we should do it...how long would the U.S. stand for, them butting into our business? Projections anyone?
Awesome. So if you were forced to have sex with only the same sex, you'd be fine. Right?

Can you explain why there are gay people in countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia, that have the death penalty written into law for homosexuality? If it was as easy as a choice, why would these gay people not just choose to be heterosexual? What possible motivation could they have to "choose" to be gay?

Where are we telling countries what to do? We aren't telling them they have to follow our laws. We're just doing what we want with our own money. If a someone asks their friend for money for dinner and and the friend says says yes, and then that person asks their friend for money for drugs, and the friend says no, would anyone in their right mind think that's unreasonable? That's essentially what we're doing. Our money, our choice how we give it out. We're not telling them to "stop doing drugs" so to speak, but we're not about to finance it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies