Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Plus, that is probably what our debt looks like now---all those 0s. Obama has personally been responsible for the last 9 of them at least.
Jan... can I call you Jan... do you really think that in 3 years Obama has spent as much as Bush? Do you really? That's what you've been told, and you haven't bothered to think it out for yourself. I recommend you try to. A lot hangs on it. Much more than you think. I work as hard as I do because I can see that it matters who gets in the hot seat. I have to tell you though, its really eye opening interacting with folk via this medium and discovering just how low the collective IQ of American's is. I can't make people any smarter but I sure hope I can make them question things. Obama has shut down operations in Iraq. Big savings are about to be realized there. We are on track to pull out of Afghanistan. Those two wars alone are responsible for America's problems and most of the damage is not on paper. In 2007/8 jobs were being lost at 600K/mo. That is presently under 400K/mo. Not great but... do you think things can change without repealing NAFTA and ending the H1B programs? I mean... where is Obama supposed to pull jobs from? Oh... that's right, he is supposed to reduce corporate taxes further... that will make them hire... I hope you don't believe that Jan because there is no proof of that. Currently corporate taxes are the lowest ever in our country's history. And... the result is what, Jan? I'm not here to suggest you switch party affiliations btw. I certainly don't think Obama is one of a kind. There is a Republican I might trust to stay left of far right and that is Romney. I just have a real problem with ignorance... and racism.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I didn't realize POTUS gets a chance to often vote "present"
He can't anymore, he just stonewalls now and blames everyone else for getting nothing done on the economy. Much the same as voting "present." IMO present but missing in action.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:37 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Jan... can I call you Jan... do you really think that in 3 years Obama has spent as much as Bush? Do you really? That's what you've been told, and you haven't bothered to think it out for yourself. I recommend you try to. A lot hangs on it. Much more than you think. I work as hard as I do because I can see that it matters who gets in the hot seat. I have to tell you though, its really eye opening interacting with folk via this medium and discovering just how low the collective IQ of American's is. I can't make people any smarter but I sure hope I can make them question things. Obama has shut down operations in Iraq. Big savings are about to be realized there. We are on track to pull out of Afghanistan. Those two wars alone are responsible for America's problems and most of the damage is not on paper. In 2007/8 jobs were being lost at 600K/mo. That is presently under 400K/mo. Not great but... do you think things can change without repealing NAFTA and ending the H1B programs? I mean... where is Obama supposed to pull jobs from? Oh... that's right, he is supposed to reduce corporate taxes further... that will make them hire... I hope you don't believe that Jan because there is no proof of that. Currently corporate taxes are the lowest ever in our country's history. And... the result is what, Jan? I'm not here to suggest you switch party affiliations btw. I certainly don't think Obama is one of a kind. There is a Republican I might trust to stay left of far right and that is Romney. I just have a real problem with ignorance... and racism.

H

LOL, I was following you until you had to throw the race card in there at the end. Must be a liberal habit you just cannot overcome. A knee jerk reaction to any disagreement on Obama. And that is another reason as to why I dislike him.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Because it is within our right, to have the feelings that we do, regarless of what ever anyone else feels that is why.

Too many reasons to go into, why i do not care for him as our President, as a friend, he may be ok, do not know him personally.

I think most people were very upset by the farce of that famous line HOPE N' CHANGE, too many good hard working Americans that i know, lost their jobs of many many years some over twenty, that is a long time. And their prized possession their home too.

He promised each and everyone of us, things would be great, do not tell me no he didn't i have tapes of him saying so. kept them purposely.
He was going to be this and going to be that, sounded great didn't it, when in reality, there is nothing different or special about him at all, no more then any other President we have had.

He is a stubborn bully, when confronted with negative comments from anyone. Do not agree with his way of thinking, and your on his get even list.
People i know from both party's are just plain tired, of things being down bad for some time now, and not getting better for most people i know.
For so many good people i know, there is no hope without a job or a home, or a place for their children this year, to call home!

Old 12-14-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This country is more divided racially than ever! And he does nothing to quail it!! He uses it!

And he is dividing this country with class warfare.....

No leader would do these things.....
The word is "quell". Quail are wild birds. No American leader has ever stirred up as much racial foment as Obama so I don't know that there is any procedure on what, exactly, Obama should do about it. You don't sound like a member of the 1%. Are you really happy that there is so much opportunity being given away overseas? The problem is yours then because everything indicates that this is not a good or sustainable situation. And your last line is completely wrong. America now has a leader for the first time in 8 years. Bush did not lead, he allowed Cheney and Company to run roughshod over the Constitution. Bush never attempted to defend himself because he didn't know how. No former president is laying as low as Bush is. Obama cannot do anything about the fact that much of America is ungovernable, intellectual wasteland.

H

Old 12-14-2011, 03:00 PM

737 posts, read 1,149,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You should read the other post again. S/he said "educated, bright, attractive, President, With a beautiful family. Bush was not that well educated, he was not bright and he was... acceptable looking... compared to... Nixon... you are really showing your age if you think Barbara Bush is in the same league with Michelle. I repeat, get a grip.

H
Its Laura Bush not Barbara.

Michelle is not a good looking woman. I don't know why people say that. Not much of a figure, bad hair.

What is so beautiful about the family? 2 kids with average looks. No where near as good looking as the Bush girls.

He is not that much of a looker either.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Because it is within our right, to have the feelings that we do, regarless of what ever anyone else feels that is why.

Too many reasons to go into, why i do not care for him as our President, as a friend, he may be ok, do not know him personally.

I think most people were very upset by the farce of that famous line HOPE N' CHANGE, too many good hard working Americans that i know, lost their jobs of many many years some over twenty, that is a long time. And their prized possession their home too.

He promised each and everyone of us, things would be great, do not tell me no he didn't i have tapes of him saying so. kept them purposely.
He was going to be this and going to be that, sounded great didn't it, when in reality, there is nothing different or special about him at all, no more then any other President we have had.

He is a stubborn bully, when confronted with negative comments from anyone. Do not agree with his way of thinking, and your on his get even list.
People i know from both party's are just plain tired, of things being down bad for some time now, and not getting better for most people i know.
For so many good people i know, there is no hope without a job or a home, or a place for their children this year, to call home!
You lay all that at Obama's feet and call yourself entitled to your POV. You are, of course, entitled that is, but you are wrong. Just admit that you don't like him because he is... different. Own your stuff. And run like hell from any candidate who tells you that your friends are going to have a place for their children next year or even the year after that.

H

Old 12-14-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
Its Laura Bush not Barbara.

Michelle is not a good looking woman. I don't know why people say that. Not much of a figure, bad hair.

What is so beautiful about the family? 2 kids with average looks. No where near as good looking as the Bush girls.

He is not that much of a looker either.
I never said anything about Michelle's looks in and of themself, and her hair is "bad" only because she perms it. It's a black thing, and I don't expect you to get it. Trust me, however, she is doing the best she can in a world that has adopted Anglo-Saxon ideals of beauty as the gold standard. Are you really going to try and compare 18 year old trampettes to sheltered young women with a lot to prove? I think I'm done reasoning with you on the issue of the attractiveness of the present First Family to the previous one. It's been... instructive. America is in a world of hurt.

H

Old 12-14-2011, 05:39 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Obama has no character. Tell me where his character is in politics?.. he lies and only the gullible believe him. Did I say I don't care for Obama.. his words are what makes up what a person is.. and his words don't add up to the truth.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
I've read these posts, and for the most part, I'm skeptical of a lot of these guys claiming they don't "hate" the president. I've read plenty here in the past three years that go way beyond mere "disagreement". I'm convinced that with a lot of conservatives, there's something deeply personal in their disdain for the president--and his family. You guys get mad when we accuse you of hate, but the posts coming from the right side of this forum give me a LOT of reason to believe that many of the anti-obama posts are motivated by hate. Not sure the reason for the hate, but it's clearly there, and a lot of you posess it, and to deny it is to deny what is daily written on this forum.

I'd also like to know why those few conservative posters who don't actually "hate" the president, refuse to denounce those who actually do display it front and centre on this forum. Silence usually means approval. Just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies