Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 03:19 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Explorer View Post
There you go again.

Iran has attacked many, many times, by proxy. The Iranian proxy armies are financed, trained, militarily supplied, and directed by the mullahs. They are part of the Islamic Republic's military forces just as the Republican Guards are:
- The Islamic Republic created Hezbollah. Republican Guards are embedded within its ranks. Hezbollah is Iran. This Iranian proxy has attacked Israel many times, including starting a major war in 2006. It has showerd Israel's cities and towns with Iranian-supplied missiles.
The Iran-Hezbollah Alliance - The Israel Project

-Ditto for Hamas. It could not exist without Iran financing and weapons.
Hamas wages Iran’s proxy war on Israel - Times Online

-The Islamic Republic is responsible for thousands of American casualties in Iraq:
Cox & Forkum: Iran's Proxy War
Iran's Proxy War Against the United States and Iraq | Institute for the Study of War
http://noblesseoblige.org/wordpress/...ories-located/
Brigades in Iraq: IED on US Humvee, Canal Street BaghdadLiveLeak.com - Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq: IED on US Humvee, Canal Street Baghdad
U.S.: Iran helped in deadly Iraq strike - USATODAY.com
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...k_for_iraq.asp
- Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times

Arrest warrants have been issued by Interpol for high Iranian government officials, including the Defense Minister, for committing terrorist attacks which killed hundreds of civilians.
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iran 'minister' on Interpol list

A peace-loving, innocent Islamic Republic of Iran???
The radical regime that controls Iran is a cancer in the Middle East. It props up the most terrorist, anti-peace forces in the area. From Assad to Hamas to Hezbullah to Al Sadr. Until that tumor is removed there can be no peace.
Most of your list is just right wing Israeli propaganda.

But going by your standard, the USA and Israel have done the same things in spades.

Iran would likely have done none of these things if it were not for Israeli and USA aggressions towards them.

Why don't you move to Israel and go fight for them? You obviously put their interests before the USA's.

Last edited by padcrasher; 12-22-2011 at 03:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 04:03 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,365 times
The places marked with a star are the U.S. bases around Iran:

But just so that we are clear - we are not threatening them, they are threatening us. OK?

Old 12-22-2011, 04:08 PM

136 posts, read 193,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Most of your list is just right wing Israeli propaganda.

But going by your standard, the USA and Israel have done the same things in spades.
The sources I cited are mostly not Israeli and mostly not right-wing. You have a very nasty habit of cavalierly dismissing evidence and sources which conflict with your anti-american agenda.

You have stated that you despise the US under Obama just as you despised the US under Bush. I would bet that you've hated America all of your life, haven't you? Does that explain your love for the Iranian regime? Is it a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?
Why do you live in a country for which you have such utter hatred???

Old 12-22-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
The sources I cited are mostly not Israeli and mostly not right-wing. You have a very nasty habit of cavalierly dismissing evidence and sources which conflict with your anti-american agenda.

You have stated that you despise the US under Obama just as you despised the US under Bush. I would bet that you've hated America all of your life, haven't you? Does that explain your love for the Iranian regime? Is it a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?
Why do you live in a country for which you have such utter hatred???
Oh I have stated that I despise the US under Obama and Bush?

Well here's you chance to prove that you are not a propagandist.

Post that link of me saying I despise the the USA? or I love Iran for that matter?

Old 12-22-2011, 04:18 PM

Green Explorer claims he's not spreading Israel propaganda.

I go to his first link {2nd link doesn't work}....Here is the pro-settler right wing cult he is sourcing.

a right-wing media advocacy group" using "pro-settlement fear-mongering talking points" which are "incendiary, dangerous, and counterproductive",[3] and argue that its rhetoric and alliance with figures "far outside the mainstream of American politics" only serves to simultaneously undermine the image of the State of Israel and TIP's stated purpose.[http://jstreet.org/campaigns/stopping-settlements-ethnic-cleansing-no-way/ (broken link)

His 3rd link is from Neocon cartoonists believe it or not....LOL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cox_%26_Forkum

4th link (doesn't work) but is from the most influential Neocon family in the USA...the Kagans..big time Neocons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberly_Kagan

5th link (doesn't work) but is from some neocon blogger Randall Gross that also contributes to Little Green Footballs...a racist/hate site.

6th link ( doesn't work) BBC

7th link ....finally a link that works and no neocons!...USA today......LOL

GE do you have dual citizenship? You should up front and state that if you do.

Last edited by padcrasher; 12-22-2011 at 04:44 PM..

Old 12-22-2011, 04:34 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
A more indicative statement would be that Israel has the largest Muslim percentage of its population than does any non-Muslim state in the world.

Good presentation of facts, with sources.

Not only has the vast majority of the Jewish population fled the Islamic Republic, the few who remain can NEVER utter a word critical of the regime or favorable to Israel. Anyone who travelled to Israel (which is illegal) and returned to Iran would be accused and convicted of being a spy and traitor.
It appears that more of the Iranian Jews prefer Los Angeles to Israel.

What the reports leave out, of course, is that this isn't exactly the first time that some Iranian Jews have gone to Israel. I read that the Evangelicals pay the Jews $10,000 to move to Israel.
Quote:
Some 200 Iranian Jews have immigrated to Israel in 2007, up from just 65 in 2006. But this is the first time that their arrival has been such a public occasion.
Can you guess why this particular even has been so publicized? Anyway, compared to this 140, thousands of Iranians Jews have left and now live in . . . Los Angeles. In fact, most Iranian Jews - like the rest of the Iranian immigrants - prefer to go to Los Angeles rather than Israel. Iranian Jews have a very rich culture of their own, and this has caused some conflict and resentment among American jews who are mostly of different sects (ironically, Iranian jews living in the US also get hassled for being Iranian!)
And the Iranian Jews who are in Israel seem to prefer to return to Iran rather than stay in Israel. Indeed, Jewish immigration to Israel as a whole is reportedly at a 20-year low.
Also, what's not being reported is WHY the Evangelical Christians are involved. Right-wing Christian evangelicals have funded their trip from Iran to Israel. They fund this sort of thing not because they care about freedom or the repression of Jews, but because they believe that once the Jews return to Israel then the Apocalypse will happen
Iran Affairs: Iranian Jews come to Israel: the return of "Cruel Zionism"?

Old 12-22-2011, 06:01 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ehhh...you do realize that they'd need only one Muslim to make that claim, right?
Yeah, that was a pretty flawed analogy!

I've known some Iranian Jews in my time, and they willingly left for the US or Israel... so I imagine it's not as "free" as some would like to think, or they wouldn't have wanted to emigrate. Not to say nobody leaves a decent country, but most Iranian Jews I've met were VERY happy to be elsewhere. I also had a boss who was Christian Iranian (Persian), and he said it was pretty tough living there as a non-Muslim. I have no personal experience with this particular topic, so I'll just leave it at that.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:40 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
This information is readily available to anyone curious enough to look it up.
I don't see how Fox News is relevant to this subject.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
This information is readily available to anyone curious enough to look it up.
I don't see how Fox News is relevant to this subject.

Hmmm because you have a lot of folks out there who think that if it is not on CNN or FOX, it can't be true. That is why.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
Thats like saying the Jim Crow laws were overall A'ok. Black people faced discrimination but for the most part lived ok in the South, sure you would be hung for whistling at a white girl...But just dont do it and you will be fine! A Jew in Iran is perfectly fine, but just dont wear a yamelkah in public otherwise you might rile up angry stares from the locals, and then see your family butchered later that night.

And Jews in Iran, like blacks in the south...Dont inspire to vote or to be in Politics. If a Jew wants to vote in Iran then you can, if you convert [nice options there]. A black could not vote period but hey, you could move north and vote.

All in all you are right. Jews in Muslim countries are living a fine life. They are living just as good as Black people in the Jim crow south were living - and those were GOOD times right.
Stop it. The analogy is weak...if not outright ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies