Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 11:29 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,365 times

Advertisements

Jews in Iran - Australian TV - 1/2 - YouTube

Jews in Iran - Australian TV - 2/2 - YouTube

Watch and get educated. There's more to this world than what Fox News tells you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
Spain and Germany had large Jewish populations until they killed or chased each and every Jew away.

Now they don't have to deal em.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:34 AM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Spain and Germany had large Jewish populations until they killed or chased each and every Jew away.

This is true!

Old 12-22-2011, 09:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
I always ask the right wing crowd that wants to invade Iran like YESTERDAY,....if Iran is so hellbent on killing Jews as Conservatives claim, why haven't the Iranians started at home?

I'm not sure if some of you remember, but some years back, maybe like 5 or 6 years ago, the right wing in this country were trying to pass around a rumor that Iranian Jews were required to wear the Star of David. A blatant lie, but they were hoping that it would give Bush the impetus he needed to invade Iran.

I swear, there is no end to the stuff they'll pull to get us in there.

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/ti...-against-iran/

Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:

Damn Christians.

"And the founder of Christianity made no secret indeed of his estimation of the Jewish people. When He found it necessary, He drove those enemies of the human race out of the Temple of God; because then, as always, they used religion as a means of advancing their commercial interests. But at that time Christ was nailed to the Cross for his attitude towards the Jews; whereas our modern Christians enter into party politics and when elections are being held they debase themselves to beg for Jewish votes. They even enter into political intrigues with the atheistic Jewish parties against the interests of their own Christian nation."
- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kempf (Vol I, Chapter 11)

An Iranian Jew's take

Excerpts:
Quote:
Perhaps I have a bias toward facts over words, but I say the reality of Iranian civility toward Jews tells us more about Iran — its sophistication and culture — than all the inflammatory rhetoric.
That may be because I’m a Jew and have seldom been treated with such consistent warmth as in Iran. Or perhaps I was impressed that the fury over Gaza, trumpeted on posters and Iranian TV, never spilled over into insults or violence toward Jews. Or perhaps it’s because I’m convinced the “Mad Mullah” caricature of Iran and likening of any compromise with it to Munich 1938 — a position popular in some American Jewish circles — is misleading and dangerous.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 12-22-2011 at 09:56 AM..

Old 12-22-2011, 09:49 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:

True in the past, but not now, at least in Germany. Germany has the fastest growing Jewish population in the world.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:00 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Israel also has the largest Muslim population of any Jewish state.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:03 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Israel also has the largest Muslim population of any Jewish state.
Ehhh...you do realize that they'd need only one Muslim to make that claim, right?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:04 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post

Jews in Iran - Australian TV - 1/2 - YouTube

Jews in Iran - Australian TV - 2/2 - YouTube

Watch and get educated. There's more to this world than what Fox News tells you.

Yes, Iran is a force of benevolence and peace in the world.

Give me a break.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:11 AM

589 posts, read 756,954 times
Iran's Jewish population is the largest but its still declining at a fast pace. Im sure they live better in Iran that they would in other Muslim countries, like Iraq or Egypt [they would likely be dead already in those places]. But I wouldn't say everything is fine and dandy, except for the well off Jews.

Wiki - Jewish exodus from Arab and Muslim countries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"From 1948–1953, about one-third of Iranian Jews, most of them poor, emigrated to Israel.[93] David Littman puts the total figure of emigrants to Israel in 1948–1978 at 70,000.[94] After the deposition of Mossadegh in 1953, the reign of shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi was the most prosperous era for the Jews of Iran. Prior to the Islamic revolution in 1979, some 80,000 Jews lived in Iran, primarily in the capital Teheran. Since the revolution, the Persian Jewish community has experienced a collapse, plunging to about one fourth of its size within three decades, and continues to shrink to this day. Most of Iranian Jews found their way to the US, with lesser numbers arriving to Europe and Israel. About 15% of the Persian Jewish community in Israel were admitted between 1975 and 1991. They immigrated chiefly because of religious persecution.[95]"

There were 80,000 Jews in Iran 30 years ago and now they barely have 20,000. Rust belt towns in the US have more people than that. That community is anything but thriving and it wont be long till its gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies