Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 12:56 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
These people are freaks. Who in their right mind has 19 kids?
At least they are a married couple with 19 children.
How about the welfare moms that keep having children by different dads to milk the system? How about Octomom? Those are the true freaks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 12:59 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Just so we're straight, the submitter is saying that anyone who opposes distributing pictures of your stillborn fetus on the Internet is a liberal?

I guess that makes me a liberal.
tasteless and classless. plus they assume everyone cares. Miscarriages happen every day and average women get no sympathy.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:00 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
How about the welfare moms that keep having children by different dads to milk the system? How about Octomom? Those are the true freaks.
I doubt the Duggers could feed 19 kids without the media attention.

Frankly, I think most of those kids will end up as somewhat disturbed adults... Who could blame them, given those parents...

Old 12-19-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
tasteless and classless. plus they assume everyone cares. Miscarriages happen every day and average women get no sympathy.
Indeed, the more kids you have, the more likely miscarriages become. Simple statistics...

Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
This has NOTHING to do with dead fetuses, but the dead PERIOD. How many of you would like to see a picture on the Net of a dead Calee Anthony too? How about pictures of our dead soliders in their open coffins? It is disrespectulf of the dead whether they are a fetus, child, or old person.

This has nothing to do with abortion and don't make it out to be. I have two kids and lost one myself. The last thing I would EVER want is a picture of my dead embyro, or take it home, or blast it's picture on the Internet. If this is what the Duggers think they need to do in order to overcome their grief, they would have been better off talking to a mental health professional. Putting that picture on the Net, crosses the line from private grief to a PUBLIC SPECTACLE.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It's odd to read that the fetus is loved and missed. How can you love and miss someone who was not even born yet, whom you have never met yet, who you know nothing about yet?
That's even more of a reason to do so, imho.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That's even more of a reason to do so, imho.
Sounds like a rather inflationary use of the terms love and miss. I bet that laying hen could not have told fetuses 4, 12 and 19 apart

Old 12-19-2011, 01:15 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the schadenfreude that I'm reading in many of these comments. The photos are not graphic; the effect is essentially the same as posting a picture of footprints or handprints.

I think the Duggars are more than a little looney but what damage has possibly been done to anyone by a public posting of a stillborn baby's hands and feet being clutched by a bereaved mother?

Shame on many of you.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:18 PM

802 posts, read 563,728 times
Quote:
Exactly. Here is a fine example by this black woman:

Woman With 15 Kids (says): "Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to pay."

Please watch:

Woman With 15 Kids: "Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to pay." - YouTube

Old 12-19-2011, 01:20 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Quote:
This is one thread that isn't about 'welfare' moms. And btw, send me a link to the 'welfare' mom with 19 F'N babies, okay?

This thread isn't about octomom. If it was I would say the same thing; she'a a freak.

I had no idea these Duggar people even had a reality show. I did know they always have their faces plastered in some rag mag.

The people are freaks. This planet has 7 billion people sucking the life out of it and people like the Duggars sucking the air that normal people breath. I could care less about an online memorial for a fetus. That is their business. I do care about idiots who drop 19 kids on this this dying planet. Selfish. Absurd. Freaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies