Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:11 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,448,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
The 'Card' Obama sent out only focuses on a dog lying in front of a fireplace staring at it. That's right, a dog. There are no references to Christmas nor are there any religious quotes and that has prompted widespread rumors that the reason for this is because he is a
'Muslim'. It really makes you wonder. Governor Palin noticed it odd too and said the majority of Americans can appreciate the more traditional, “American foundational values illustrated and displayed on Christmas cards and on a Christmas tree.”. I wholeheartedly agree and I am sure the majority of many Americans would too. I remember the first year he was in office the Obama's had 'Mao' ornaments hanging from the tree in the White House. That rang bells across America. So what do we make of this? We have a president that omits 'Merry Christmas' and even bible passages from the so called 'Holiday Card' sent out to Americans this Christmas. We have a president who omitted god from every annual Thanksgiving address since he has been in office. On the other hand, we do have a president who say's the Muslim 'Call To Prayer' is the most beautiful thing he has ever heard and also said "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction,". Hmmmm!!!!

Story:
No Christmas in White House Holiday Card | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes
Most of his advisers are Jews I think he was being sensitive to their concerns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,930,380 times
Quote:
It's a very lovely card.
Quelle hypocrisy! There's not a word about Christmas on it. In fact, there are no words at all except for the names on the stockings, probably b/c Sarah herself is functionally illiterate.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,448,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
Muslims don't like dogs and certainly would never ever have a dog in their home like the one in their picture. Geez they even flip out when a picture of a dog is on a can of dog food. There was an article about a year or two ago where they complained about a puppy in a picture representing firemen. Wish I had that one now to show it here. Since when do Christmas Cards have bible passages in them? Does Palin know there are various kinds of Christmas Cards and not all have bible passages in them? What an attention ***** she is.

What's do people expect? If he sends out cards that say "Merry Christmas" then all the Christmas haters will flip out. He has to be careful not to "offend" or "leave anyone out" or everyone will throw a tantrum.
It's odd that fact seems to be overlooked in this ridiculous article.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:19 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,211,184 times
Somebody posted in a certain thread yesterday that it was the dumbest thread they've read on
this forum, this thread trumps that certain thread as the dumbest, asinine thread EVAH....

Old 12-21-2011, 08:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,470,091 times
Go figure. Things we should cocnern ourselves we don't, and triivia little non important things, people sweat over.

Look if this Card stated in it, Merry Christams, then all the people who truly view him as muslim, would be up in arms, so he took the safe way around.
It is not what the card says, but the thought behind the card.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:24 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,239,768 times
I think this is the first time I've seen on PoC a 100% negative response rate to a thread's proposition (not including posts by the OP). OP has engendered bipartisan consensus!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:29 PM

802 posts, read 565,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
probably b/c Sarah herself is functionally illiterate.
If that's the case then how did she debate 3 different times two politically well seasoned veteran governors and get elected as the youngest governor of Alaska becoming the 14th person in our nations history of unseating a incumbent governor? Answer that.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:34 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,211,184 times
Quote:
If that's the case then how did she debate 3 different times two politically well seasoned veteran governors and get elected as the youngest governor of Alaska becoming the 14th person in our nations history of unseating a incumbent governor? Answer that.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,930,380 times
Quote:
Start a new thread and maybe I will. I don't want to hijack this one.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:43 PM

32,132 posts, read 15,126,931 times
Quote:
I wonder if the great people of Alaska have buyers remorse since she quit and left them high and dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies