Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 07:50 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,961,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
The 'Card' Obama sent out only focuses on a dog lying in front of a fireplace staring at it. That's right, a dog. There are no references to Christmas nor are there any religious quotes and that has prompted widespread rumors that the reason for this is because he is a
'Muslim'. It really makes you wonder. Governor Palin noticed it odd too and said the majority of Americans can appreciate the more traditional, “American foundational values illustrated and displayed on Christmas cards and on a Christmas tree.”. I wholeheartedly agree and I am sure the majority of many Americans would too. I remember the first year he was in office the Obama's had 'Mao' ornaments hanging from the tree in the White House. That rang bells across America. So what do we make of this? We have a president that omits 'Merry Christmas' and even bible passages from the so called 'Holiday Card' sent out to Americans this Christmas. We have a president who omitted god from every annual Thanksgiving address since he has been in office. On the other hand, we do have a president who say's the Muslim 'Call To Prayer' is the most beautiful thing he has ever heard and also said "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction,". Hmmmm!!!!

ush
Story:
No Christmas in White House Holiday Card | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes
Oh come on, Really? I thought the card was nice and it looked like a Christmas sceen to me. Sometimes I realy wonder about people that would post something like this Whine. Oh, FYI, Palin is the Governor of Nothing, heck she did not even have the backbone to finish the term she was elected to serve, calling her governor is an nsult to the people of Alaska.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 07:56 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,672,528 times
And when you say "spuring Muslim rumors" you mean giving people like you another chance to spread lies and innuendos about the President.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:03 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,659,213 times
Nice card. Makes we wish I had taller ceilings in my house.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:38 AM

47,000 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
The 'Card' Obama sent out only focuses on a dog lying in front of a fireplace staring at it. That's right, a dog. There are no references to Christmas nor are there any religious quotes and that has prompted widespread rumors that the reason for this is because he is a
'Muslim'.
Because as we all know, dogs are held in such high regard in Arab culture. Do you guys ever listen to yourself?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:45 AM

47,000 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Palin was referring to when a right-wing blog posted a grainy photo, allegedly of an ornament on the White House Christmas tree in 2009 showing a reproduction of Andy Warhol's "Mao" portrait.
Good response, but remember who you're dealing with. Even if they're familiar with the name Andy Warhol, they're not in his target audience, wouldn't know of his influence or why his images are iconic.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,139,956 times
Quote:
'Muslim'. It really makes you wonder. Governor Palin noticed it odd too and said the majority of Americans can appreciate the more traditional, “American foundational values illustrated and displayed on Christmas cards and on a Christmas tree.â€. I wholeheartedly agree and I am sure the majority of many Americans would too. I remember the first year he was in office the Obama's had 'Mao' ornaments hanging from the tree in the White House. That rang bells across America. So what do we make of this? We have a president that omits 'Merry Christmas' and even bible passages from the so called 'Holiday Card' sent out to Americans this Christmas. We have a president who omitted god from every annual Thanksgiving address since he has been in office. On the other hand, we do have a president who say's the Muslim 'Call To Prayer' is the most beautiful thing he has ever heard and also said "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction,". Hmmmm!!!!

Story:
No Christmas in White House Holiday Card | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes
I'm shocked.

No wait, I'm not shocked. I DON'T CARE.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:01 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,047,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
another tempest in a teapot that, imo, will hurt the GOP in the coming election. some of the ornaments appeared to be collages of famous americans ( james dean, ronald reagan etc ) and among those were andy warhol's famous portrait of mao. whoever had the task of approving the tree most likely saw it as an nod to the famous american artist over an homage to the communist dictator ( ........... who was posing for photo ops with the US president nearly 40years previous ).

Don't you know - ART is just a communist plot to take over this Country. Or so anyone who falls for this garbage would think.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:09 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Because as we all know, dogs are held in such high regard in Arab culture.
"Though dogs are not allowed for pets, they are allowed to be kept if used for work, such as guarding the house or farm, or when used for hunting purposes."

Islam and dogs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we know that the secret service guards the house so........ unless that dog is hunting i wouldn't include the card as evidence that the president is muslim.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:17 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,237,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Good response, but remember who you're dealing with. Even if they're familiar with the name Andy Warhol, they're not in his target audience, wouldn't know of his influence or why his images are iconic.
Such people, if they know of Warhol, are the type to remark "my 3rd grader could do that" in response to his art, and they appreciate art like velvet Elvis and poker playing dogs.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:25 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
Don't you know - ART is just a communist plot to take over this Country.
yep. i know. i'm a working commercial artist. you'd think a guy that makes his living selling designs for advertising, marketing and packaging to private companies would be opposed to the communist take-over of the US but....... obviously i'm just silly that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies