Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:00 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,543,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Appears it's the first wookie who is the one living high and large on the taxpayer dime. Maybe the orator should grow a pair and put his foot down. Of course I never saw Han Solo stand up to Chewy either. Wookies have a bad temper I guess.

"Michelle Obama insisted on a pricey holiday to Hawaii when her husband would have rather gone to a presidential retreat, according to reports.

She allegedly wanted the taxpayer-funded $4million trip when Barack Obama sought instead to make the short trip to Camp David in Maryland.
Political sources told the National Enquirer that the 47-year-old’s spending is rocketing and she even went on a shopping spree before the Hawaii trip.

Disagreement? Michelle Obama, left, reportedly wanted the $4million Hawaii trip when Barack Obama sought instead to go to Camp David in Maryland

‘The President’s advisers have told him that Michelle’s spending has spiralled “completely out of control”,’ one source told the National Enquirer.
‘Barack read his wife the riot act, but his words fell on deaf ears. Michelle said there was “no way” she was going to disappoint her daughters.’

Read more: Michelle Obama 'insisted on $4m getaway to Hawaii when her husband wanted local holiday' | Mail Online

What are you 12 grow up and quit whinning. So an unnamed source for the National enquirer is your source? Wow, you righties are really stretching for facts aren't ya.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Appears it's the first wookie who is the one living high and large on the taxpayer dime. Maybe the orator should grow a pair and put his foot down. Of course I never saw Han Solo stand up to Chewy either. Wookies have a bad temper I guess.

"Michelle Obama insisted on a pricey holiday to Hawaii when her husband would have rather gone to a presidential retreat, according to reports.

She allegedly wanted the taxpayer-funded $4million trip when Barack Obama sought instead to make the short trip to Camp David in Maryland.
Political sources told the National Enquirer that the 47-year-old’s spending is rocketing and she even went on a shopping spree before the Hawaii trip.

Disagreement? Michelle Obama, left, reportedly wanted the $4million Hawaii trip when Barack Obama sought instead to go to Camp David in Maryland

‘The President’s advisers have told him that Michelle’s spending has spiralled “completely out of control”,’ one source told the National Enquirer.
‘Barack read his wife the riot act, but his words fell on deaf ears. Michelle said there was “no way” she was going to disappoint her daughters.’

Read more: Michelle Obama 'insisted on $4m getaway to Hawaii when her husband wanted local holiday' | Mail Online
What "political sources" told the Enquirer this?

Old 12-24-2011, 11:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I used to have a high maintenance girlfriend(who was actually attractive). Fortunately she dumped me for a guy who had more (at least back then) than I so I was not forced into politics to bleed the public coffers to maintain that dead fish.
I'd never admit to being a chump and a sucker for a broad.

Of course, i've never ACTUALLY been one either. That helps.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:13 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,412,093 times
Its our fault. The President should get a paycheck & nothing more. Then he could let his wife **** his money away if he wanted to without if mattering to us one bit. We treat them like royalty instead of public servants so why shouldnt they act like royalty? We hired one man, not a family.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:14 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,412,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What are you 12 grow up and quit whinning. So an unnamed source for the National enquirer is your source? Wow, you righties are really stretching for facts aren't ya.

And you lefties are stretching the deficit.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:21 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,757,898 times
To be honest, this is what I thought the whole time. In his biography, Mr. O says that Michelle was never really happy about his career choice. Many nights alone taking care of the girls, while he was campaigning. I am pretty sure this is the paybacks she expects for putting up with all the bs. of being first lady, and putting her own career on hold.

As an aside, I stood by as three employees, who I counseled to NO WAY IN HELL buy a house between 2004 and 2010, did. In all case, the wives put pressure on these guys and they all caved. The guys were highly intelligent, but the women ruled the roost. Most ended up $50-200k underwater. So, in comparison, a nice vacation for a sitting president seems pretty reasonable.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
To be honest, this is what I thought the whole time. In his biography, Mr. O says that Michelle was never really happy about his career choice. Many nights alone taking care of the girls, while he was campaigning. I am pretty sure this is the paybacks she expects for putting up with all the bs. of being first lady, and putting her own career on hold.

As an aside, I stood by as three employees, who I counseled to NO WAY IN HELL buy a house between 2004 and 2010, did. In all case, the wives put pressure on these guys and they all caved. The guys were highly intelligent, but the women ruled the roost. Most ended up $50-200k underwater. So, in comparison, a nice vacation for a sitting president seems pretty reasonable.
I usually like your posts, fiddlehead, but are you serious? In my experience, the men usually make the big financial decisions in most households.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:55 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,167 times
Presidents and their families going back to their home town for the holiday is nothing new. That is what the Obamas have done. Big deal. The presents they buy come FROM THEIR OWN POCKETS and NOT the taxpayers. Again, BIG DEAL. Let's face it. The only thing that would make some of these "people" happy is to see the Obamas living in the projects and putting lumps of coal into their daughters stockings for Christmas. They aren't fooling anyone.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:31 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,510,565 times
Wookie...classy.

A non-post about a non-event, dragged down by your inelegant reference.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:33 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Two wealthy attorneys and authors spent a lot of money for their daughters' Christmas presents and then went home for the holidays. Wow! Stop the presses! Will wonders never cease?

They are not attorneys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies