Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 09:07 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
wow is op really serious its just an interview.

and also he took credit for the investment advice given NOT the racist comments others put out even if it was from his staff.

btw ALL the OLD ron paul supporters know of this already. blacks, asian, latinos alike. YES we know about the newsletters.
give a hint a reasontv article in 2008 addressed this issue.

there is rumors in the circle of whom wrote them already. thus we have a good idea ITS your new group that does not know that the media is trying to flip.

oh well. those un-knowledgeable will not seek the answer
Spot on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 09:29 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,396 times
Quote:
So you believe rumors of who wrote the articles without any proof or validation if it's true, and other people aren't knowledgeable because they don't just blindly accept your rumor as true? Are you completely serious?

I hear rumors there are wizards in England, does that make Harry Potter a true story?

This must be a joke...no sane rational person above the age of 6 could use this logic.

We can deal in facts though. Ron Paul admits that he founded the company, put his name to the report, ran the newsletter company, helped publish the report, and publicly championed the report. If he bears no responsibility for what is contained within it even after all that, because he didn't directly put his name as the author of every one and stated he didn't publicly believe it any more (not even sorry, heh), that's one of the most stupid things I ever heard. I think it actually fails the turing test for sentience because no person would believe they were talking to another human being that spouted that kind of insanity.
did you even go research what i just said or did you just post. just a question. i did give you a large hint to go and google.
or

Are you lazy? like most americans

but i guess i have to spell it out.
imo ron paul may be guilty of trying to save his staff reputation
ahem rockwell go research it. its not hard to find all of us know of it already but regular joes dont.

http://reason.com/archives/2008/01/1...uls-newsletter

http://www.dailypaul.com/196240/ron-paul-lew-rockwell-and-newsletters-how-to-handle-the-situation (broken link)

another link for those lazy people

happy?
also we dont expect Ron Paul to expose Rockwell. He does not betray people like that but will take responsibility since it was his staff after all. So ultimately he has to take some blame for not reading at least all the letters while saving lives and delivering babies.

are you happy or do you need more.

Last edited by gen811; 12-26-2011 at 09:37 AM..

Old 12-26-2011, 10:14 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,336 times
Ron Paul Newsletter FAQ (http://www.scribd.com/doc/76280303/PaulNewslettersFaq-Tunk#outer_page_01 - broken link)

Old 12-26-2011, 10:22 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
did you even go research what i just said or did you just post. just a question. i did give you a large hint to go and google.
or

Are you lazy? like most americans

but i guess i have to spell it out.
imo ron paul may be guilty of trying to save his staff reputation
ahem rockwell go research it. its not hard to find all of us know of it already but regular joes dont.

Who Wrote Ron Paul's Newsletters? - Reason Magazine

Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell and newsletters: How to handle the situation. | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/196240/ron-paul-lew-rockwell-and-newsletters-how-to-handle-the-situation - broken link)

another link for those lazy people

happy?
also we dont expect Ron Paul to expose Rockwell. He does not betray people like that but will take responsibility since it was his staff after all. So ultimately he has to take some blame for not reading at least all the letters while saving lives and delivering babies.

are you happy or do you need more.
LoL, he will take responsibility? The newsletter stopped around 1996...you think he might have done so in the last 15 years.

If you like I can post the differences between an unsubstantiated rumor and a proven fact, as it is a rumor who actually wrote the articles. Maybe you should find some one to go in great depth why believing in unsubstantiated rumors is more intellectually lazy then waiting for facts

All I hear are excuses. "I was busy and didn't know what was being written in a Newsletter I helped found, put my name to and marketed" is an excuse you would see from a child. Besides only a person with yogurt for a brain would hire people like Rockwell with a long history of writing racist homophobic insanity and act surprised when he still does it.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:39 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
Why is this argument even going on? The mindless extreme liberals who just hate Paul because he's going to take away their right to free crap are never going to accept that this is a non-issue, so why even try to make them see logic?

Old 12-26-2011, 10:47 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
He did and HAS taken responsibility stating he did not read every newsletter that went out but he SHOULD have because IF he had, the newsletters that were filled with racist b.s. would never have been printed. Just because you don't know where to find it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

And where, oh where in this video does he say, "I wrote those racist newsletters"?

I heard him talking about investments, not racism.

Your video proved nothing.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Rep'ed ya. Exactly the point. The busy doctor story doesn't hold water. If Paul is that scatter brained that he cannot multi task. That he subbed out his political career to "ghost writers" ( laugh every time I think of that nonsense story) he isn't worthy. How can any Paul supporter know what Paul stands for, everything he ever wrote is suspect, who wrote it and did he really believe it? Or are we to believe he only believes the non racist writings? Those are his and the bigotry is someone, WHO?????, else.
Yup, just like there are still folks who'll insist that Nixon was "not a crook" (just because he wasn't among the ones doing the actual Watergate break-in).

Old 12-26-2011, 11:02 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Only that he's weird, kooky, nutty...who will not be POTUSA...because even tho there are an alarming number of nutty paul fanatics...thankfully, there are many more sober/sound-minded folks that out number the kooky Paul people.
You criticize him, but you have yet to post any thing substantial to prove your point. BTW: we can do without the name calling.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:02 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
I don't see Ron Paul recovering from these letters. Even if he never saw the, even if they are fabricated, he will not recover. He will join Cain

Old 12-26-2011, 11:07 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I will stay with the facts that a reasonable person would not put there name on a writing without reading it. If he did so, he is not worthy of the office he seeks. That it is much more likely that Paul actually wrote the newsletters himself. Writing style seems appropriate and similar to know examples of his writings. And, that the cover story does not seem plausible, too many conditions that require me to suspend belief.

The busy doctor story does not cut it. I know a doctor in Philly, a plastic surgeon, that see dozens of patients every day, often on saturdays and Sundays, and he still has time to organize, lead, promote, practice an 80 plus piece orchestra. Busy man that still find time to lecture and teach.

Bottom line is Paul produced those newsletters with their disgusting message, whether he wrote the words, and he did, isn't important. The buck stops at the top. The newsletters were published under pauls name, making him responcible for every word. Haven't checked but I would guess that is a legal principal.
I think the issue is trust, Paul trusted Rockwell too much and signed off with out reading the news letter, but I would assume he did skim over them some what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies