Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we go back to Iraq if it gets worse?
Yes, we need to insure stability in Iraq no matter the cost or time 1 2.27%
No, we already spent a trillion dollars and 4500 lives there 33 75.00%
Only if other foreign powers such as Iran intervene 6 13.64%
Other 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 12:28 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times

Advertisements

Let them sort themselves out, they've had several years to try and get themselves together and they haven't. If Iran invades, I'd think that Saudi Arabia/Jordan might help them out, but idk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 12:38 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
We need to do the same thing we did after the pull out in Viet Nam.. Walk away and stay the hell out of the middle east. This fight has been going on for centuries and WE are not going to solve it. All further intervention in Iraq or Afganistan will do is cost us lives and money.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:11 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Quote:
Already we see bombs and violence.
We were seeing that on a daily basis before US soldiers departed.

The recent Baghdad bombings weren't even the deadliest bombings in Iraq this year.

In fact, they're probably in the low-40's or so on the list of "deadliest bombings in Iraq since 2003" - all of which (aside from this latest one) occurred with US soldiers stationed inside of the country, and usually with many more soldiers than were present at any point during 2011.

Even if we re-occupied Iraq, we have a limited capability to successfully intervene into an actual civil war. Iraq was in a condition of effective civil war from 2005 through 2007, and if things get to that point again, there is little to be done about it, especially since no one has the appetite to send the 200,000 or so soldiers it would take to even begin to impose some kind of order on an renewed Iraqi civil war.

Sometimes, you have to cut your losses...

Old 12-25-2011, 01:18 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
We were there long enough, should not have ever been there in the first place. Stay out.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:22 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,481 times
They've been waiting for hundreds of years to slaughter each other. That's one of the reasons there was relative peace while we were there, they were just biding their time for us to leave. There is little or nothing we can do at this time. Sadly, just let 'em go at.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:27 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Draft Cheney, Bush and the rest of their administration along with their private contractors to go back and clean it up. They can use the $6.6 billion in missing money to fund their mission. When that runs out, they can use Iraqi oil money that was supposed to fund the illegal war in the first place. Maybe they will finally find those elusive WMD's while they are there.
What "illegal" war?

Old 12-25-2011, 01:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
The last soldier has left Iraq. Now it is in the hands of Iraq to run Iraq. Already we see bombs and violence. The Sunnis light bombs and now the ****es are open speaking of "ethnic cleansing" to get rid of the Sunnis. Civil war may happen because the government of Iraq is weak. It was really the iron fist of Saddam and later the US military both of which are gone now. What do you think we should do if the situation in Iraq goes really south? My view is, no we don't go back. We cannot afford it and if they cannot get their act together after 9 years, they never will.
I think it's time to quit thinking Islamic people want any form of democracy or freedom and let them take care of their own countries themselves. Just stop the big flood of refugees we can expect to see showing up fleeing to our country and demanding their good easy life here.

One thing I've found especially pathetic about our guys over there fighting for these people's freedom is all the military age men and women from Iraq living high on the hog in the USA, claiming they need to be here in the USA because they want freedom but too cowardly to fight for it themselves.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:34 PM

179 posts, read 141,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
President Obama has destabilized the Middle East. The regime change "Arab Spring" in several ME countries has brought the radical Islam in power. There is no going back to Iraq to fight back what we held and protected. The people in Iraq will now live a very violent life.

The next step in the Middle East is the beginning of the end. The start of World War 3. This terror will reach us here in our homeland.
BS!!! The agreement signed by Bush was the exact timeline that has happened!! Did you disagree back then? Where was your objection when WMD's weren't found AT ALL? Why the h**l should we go back to a place where we should't have been? To protect the Iraqi people? 1 tour in Fallujah was enough for me, and then my son was sent there as well. And just how the hell is it the fault of someone that Repugnicans call a closet muslim? Hmmm? Last time I saw, the Iraqi gov't wanted to jail US military personnel if we did not leave by the time-line agreed by Bush?

Old 12-25-2011, 01:38 PM

179 posts, read 141,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You didn't comprehend what I stated. I said Obama destabilized the Middle East ... which includes Iraq. Obama is responsible for the Middle East "Arab Spring" regime change ... he does not deny this. When Israel is attacked from several radical Islam countries is when the super powers will engage triggering WW3.
And please inform us all why we should all kowtow to Isreal? Look up the USS Liberty and you'll figure out why I couldn't care less 'bout their problems with their neighbors. Perhaps Madeline Albright was right, but a little to high-profile to express her opinion while she was also representing the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies