Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 08:20 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,052,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I find phrases by the RWNJ/teabaggers like "get our country back" or "take our country back" to be
downright PSYCHO TALK.....
Yeah, the problem is when people try to "take America back" they are taking it back from...other Americans. They delude themselves that everyone is the amoral evil conspirator against them, legitimizing violence against everyone. People from the inept but very willing Georgia militia terrorist plot, 4 old folks desiring to murder thousands of "American politicians, media figures, Internal Revenue Service employees, and innocent civilians" to save/take back America, to the adept Timothy McVeigh, killing 165 and injuring 400 in Oklahoma City.

Once some one crosses the line to be willing to murder anyone around them when they don't get their way on how things should be in their minds eye...a person stops as human being and becomes a monster in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 08:23 AM

45,217 posts, read 26,427,822 times
I'm all for taking America back from the federal government and it's agenda of controlling people while simultaneously stealing from them.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:25 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
maybe when you grow up you will comprehend.

you were trying to claim i was not on topic, yet, I responded to your post, with why as a republican I want my country back from the left.
So what does that have to do with your comment to me about racism?

I'm 62, not likely to grow up anymore!!!

Old 12-26-2011, 08:28 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,811 times
Quote:
So what does that have to do with you comment to me about racism?

I'm 62, not likely to grow up anymore!!!
ok, then maybe you didnt learn reading comprehension growing up, I don't know. this thread is about getting our country back. and to me, that is getting it out of the hands of the racists we have in power now. the Liberals that look down upon black people.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:30 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
ok, then maybe you didnt learn reading comprehension growing up, I don't know. this thread is about getting our country back. and to me, that is getting it out of the hands of the racists we have in power now. the Liberals that look down upon black people.
WOW just WOW, you paint with a really broad brush...

Old 12-26-2011, 08:33 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,811 times
Quote:
WOW just WOW, you paint with a really broad brush...
only to those that have a hard time understanding plain english. But that is okay. I don't knock those for having the beliefs they do, I may not agree with them, but they have the right to believe what ever they wish.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:13 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Sadly, it's not just the liberals. There are plenty of Republicans virtually foaming at the mouth over the prospect of voting the likes of Gingrich, Romney, and Perry into the White House. All 3 of them have far more in common with the Democrats they claim to oppose than they do with anything resembling actual Constitutional conservatism.
I know but there's a reason Ron Paul won in Iowa. More Conservatives are waking up but the liberals still worship the globalist sell outs they have.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:22 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,453,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
malamute !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... Perhaps the greatest destructive force to plague the good folks in America is the acutely cynical NAFTA nightmare !!!

Ole Ross P. was telling us the truth back in the 70's when he stated that a "Gigantic Sucking Sound" would be heard as the good jobs left America !!!

Who on earth could support such foolishness as this ? ..... Of course we know the answer all to well by now. "Liberal Looney Tunes" of course !

What a curse this bunch has been for America !

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar
I volunteered for Ross P.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Sorry, but conservatives do the same. just look at Bush jr and the current clowns that are running.
The Republican party is rather fragmented at this point BECAUSE many Republicans won't vote for the globalists they keep trying to offer up. The big media bliltz on Gingrich isn't getting him votes. You don't see either Bush getting behind a candidate to win him votes. Conservatives didn't get globalist McCain elected. Many Republicans are going for Ron Paul. The Tea Party is big because it opposes the big government globalists.

Yet the liberals are solidly behind their Clinton-Obama-Pelosi wing big government globalists.

Not a peep from liberals that Obama just expanded NAFTA even more and is giving the American truck-driving jobs to cheap foreign trucking firms. No complaint from the liberals that it was Pelosi, Obama, and Frank that really rammed through the big bailouts for the global corporations. They simply blame all that on Bush who foolishly signed the bill the democrats presented him to sign. No blame on Pelosi or the others who actually pushed it.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:30 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,453,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You can't have it both ways. Either you ascribe to free markets (globalization) where corporations can compete in any market they choose or you don't. The other problem is you cannot prevent the development of monopolistic companies without strong government intervention and regulation. The concentration of market share is an integral part of capitalism. And last but not least TARP (the bailing out of CEO's) was Bush's policy initiative.
GLobalization is not "free markets". Globalization is giving up our country's sovereignty and control to foreign leaders and multi-national interests.

It should go without saying when we talk about free markets we are talking about free markets in a sovereign state. We are also referring to a time when there was a fraction of government involvement in the business sector. Back when this country WAS something to be proud of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies