Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:44 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No assumption on my part. Worked for me as a kid and also worked for my son in school and worked for a colleagues daughter in her school.

Yeah...that's right..THREE experiences in my little world that worked when "old fashioned values" were used.
Three! Well, that settles it. So who did these bulies pick on next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 10:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
WTF happened to this country? Everyone is so easily offended. You cant anything remotely negative about: Jews, gays, religion, "midgets", blacks, conservatives, women, etc... Without any public backlash!

When did America become such a nation of pansy's? What happened to the good old days when you can just speak your mind? Toughen up people. This is getting embarrasing for this country amongst other things that there are to be embarrased about. There's too much political correctness going on.
What is it that you wanted to say that made someone so angry? Nothing wrong with speaking your mind, but there are some things that you just dont' say. Perhaps you crossed that line.

That said, yea, there's too much sensitivity. But so what?

Old 12-29-2011, 10:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Three! Well, that settles it. So who did these bulies pick on next?
I posted that one specifically for you since your posts have your personal experiences in them as examples.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:47 AM

I think the PCness has gotten out of hand. You have lawsuits now regarding what someone said about someone else.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:47 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
As long as you can make fun of hayseeds, homophobes. fundamentalist Christains, southerners, rednecks, meatheads, cavemen, and other species of Republican, I have no complaints. I love bashing these cretins. I hope they don't get all pansy on me and cry to mamma that it's no fair. Ha ha ha! They need to put their big girl panties on and quit being such wimps.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:50 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
As long as you can make fun of hayseeds, homophobes. fundamentalist Christains, southerners, rednecks, meatheads, cavemen, and other species of Republican, I have no complaints. I love bashing these cretins. I hope they don't get all pansy on me and cry to mamma that it's no fair. Ha ha ha! They need to put their big girl panties on and quit being such wimps.
As a Republican I can tell you that, considering the source of these jibes and adolescent insults, we pay it little attention. Simple minds crave simple entertainment.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Assumption on your part. Most bullies stop bullying when the victim defends themself and move on to find fresh meat that won't strike back.
Anything but your opinion.
If this is true, show some studies.

And I boggle that you think violence is the answer to anything.
That is shameful.

Quote:
And if kids defended themselves instead of "use your words" or "tell someone" there would be less bullys out there. A 2 day suspension means nothing to them while a bloody nose does especially when all their followers see it. Gives a bully second thoughts about who they bully.
Again, you do nothing but promote violence.
I don't want to live in your violent world, and I choose not to.
Good thing cooler heads prevail.
Violence is violence.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:53 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Anything but your opinion.
If this is true, show some studies.

And I boggle that you think violence is the answer to anything.
That is shameful.

Again, you do nothing but promote violence.
I don't want to live in your violent world, and I choose not to.
Good thing cooler heads prevail.
Violence is violence.
Defending yourself against bullying and harrasment is not "promoting violence".

Old 12-29-2011, 11:58 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
WTF happened to this country? Everyone is so easily offended. You cant anything remotely negative about: Jews, gays, religion, "midgets", blacks, conservatives, women, etc... Without any public backlash!

When did America become such a nation of pansy's? What happened to the good old days when you can just speak your mind? Toughen up people. This is getting embarrasing for this country amongst other things that there are to be embarrased about. There's too much political correctness going on.
That's easy: Liberalism. There is no other answer.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Defending yourself against bullying and harrasment is not "promoting violence".
The liberals think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies