Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:21 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Do you not think it a little "out of touch" for the Obamas to be begging for three lousy dollars while vacationing in Hawaii to the tune of FOUR MILLION DOLLARS of taxpayer money? Or, are you of the opinion that no one should be allowed to criticize King Barack and Queen Michelle? After all, they do treat themselves as royalty.....

There are some who think that leaders lead by example,...not "do as I say, ...not as I do."
no I don't think it is out of touch, for soliciting 3 bucks while on vacation. ALL running ask for money. every POTUS takes a vacation, which really isn't a real vacation. no POTUS has led by example in this area. they all live a life that most of us don't. get real. and yes I do think the king, the messiah can be criticized but lets do it on his politics and not hold him to a higher standard then you would anyone else in his seeking the office
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 09:32 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Please provide a link that states that Obama said he would only accept public funds and isn't that what Michelle was asking for...btw?

If you appreciate a candidate that lives by example, why are you and other right wingers not supporting Buddy Roemer?
Obama wrote: "In February 2007, I proposed a novel way to preserve the strength of the public financing system in the 2008 election. My plan requires both major party candidates to agree on a fundraising truce, return excess money from donors, and stay within the public financing system for the general election. My proposal followed announcements by some presidential candidates that they would forgo public financing so they could raise unlimited funds in the general election. The Federal Election Commission ruled the proposal legal, and Senator John McCain (R-AZ) has already pledged to accept this fundraising pledge. If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election."
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...bama-to-break/

John McCain accepted the agreement, and Barack backpeddled......

Old 01-01-2012, 10:27 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Obama wrote: "In February 2007, I proposed a novel way to preserve the strength of the public financing system in the 2008 election. My plan requires both major party candidates to agree on a fundraising truce, return excess money from donors, and stay within the public financing system for the general election. My proposal followed announcements by some presidential candidates that they would forgo public financing so they could raise unlimited funds in the general election. The Federal Election Commission ruled the proposal legal, and Senator John McCain (R-AZ) has already pledged to accept this fundraising pledge. If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election."
Obama to Break Promise, Opt Out of Public Financing for General Election - ABC News

John McCain accepted the agreement, and Barack backpeddled......
There is a difference between "Public Financing" and accepting small campaign donations from voters. We had a semantic issue. Obama's first Presidential run was mostly financed by small donations via the internet.

Michelle asking for money from voters certainly beats Wall Street and Corporate lobbyist money. BTW...A Hawaiian backdrop is not all that strange. Obama was raised in that state, it is still part of the USA and its residents are voters.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
There is a difference between "Public Financing" and accepting small campaign donations from voters. We had a semantic issue. Obama's first Presidential run was mostly financed by small donations via the internet.

Michelle asking for money from voters certainly beats Wall Street and Corporate lobbyist money. BTW...A Hawaiian backdrop is not all that strange. Obama was raised in that state, it is still part of the USA and its residents are voters.
So you think Obama is not getting donations from Wall Street or Corporates ?

Old 01-01-2012, 10:59 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, are you telling us that NONE of the millionaire GOP candidates seek $3 (or more) from contributors or that the "height of hypocrisy" you speak of is yours?
The GOP candidates have the decency to ask for their donations to the people's face. The Obama's yell it from their million dollar vacation mansion balcony.

The Obama's are out of touch with real Americans.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:

...liberal democrats ALWAYS have a "semantic issue".

Just ask Bill Clinton..............

Trying to get the truth out of a liberal is akin to trying to nail snot to a door.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:12 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
"Let them eat cake!" .....mocchelle obama

Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
THE OP SAYS: since its obama i have a problem it

Old 01-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
THE OP SAYS: since its obama i have a problem it
City414 says,...."since its (sic) obama (sic)",....I DON'T have a problem with it.

Want to play some more "games"....?

Old 01-01-2012, 02:02 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
The height of hypocrisy.
Speaking from her paradisical $4 million Hawaii vacation, Mrs. Obama wants to know: Do any of President Obama’s supporters have $3 to spare for his reelection?
On a $4M Vacation, Michelle Seeks $3 From Backers | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Some people had a meager Christmas,...but not the King Barach and Queen Michelle!!!

Now the Monarchy needs three dollars from supporters to get King reelected.

Soros must be running low.....

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Michelle is the epitomy of ghetto trash. "movin on up....we done made it to the top Weezi"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies