Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 02:13 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would rather support our impoverished masses than spend trillions killing other country's peasants. How many of our people would be unemployed and how many portfolios devastated if we stopped our Forever War? The true welfare class in this economy is the War profiteers and their employees.

Our being the Warmasters of the world has driven us to bankruptcy and eternal damnation.
yes. four useless wars, yet no one is opting to cut the military. i wonder why...

Im wondering if they will start another useless one before November, to distract the pablum fed masses from the economy. I bet they will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 02:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateverhere View Post

CNN - Is America In Denial About It's Decline? - YouTube

This makes me very sad.
What has this country come to?
I do miss Cafferty but I refuse to watch Blitzer just to hear Cafferty. The decline is very obvious unless you are thinking about the attempt at pure tyranny from Obama. That is surely not in decline.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:19 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter. The welfare dependent class isn't going away. Not going to happen.
With a birth rate 3 times that of everyone else, not only isn't it going to go away, it's going to exponentially increase until its numbers far surpasses those of the class that actually supports itself.

Then what?
Quote:
The elites don't have a interest in it.
You couldn't be more wrong. There's an entire profitable industry built up around exploiting the poor.

JP Morgan Makes Big Bucks from Food Stamp Growth, Then Hires Workers in India with Our Tax Dollars

The Poverty Pimp's Poem
Thomas Sowell

Old 01-03-2012, 02:26 PM

266 posts, read 179,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
With a birth rate 3 times that of everyone else, not only isn't it going to go away, it's going to exponentially increase until its numbers far surpasses those of the class that actually supports itself.
Nothing will happen, that's what. Yes it will grow, I know. But their is no consent of this issue in Washington. That's why nothing is going to happen.

Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. There's an entire profitable industry built up around exploiting the poor.
That's what i said. The elites have no interest of the welfare state going away. The banksters make money of it.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Nothing will happen, that's what. Yes it will grow, I know.
Where is the money going to come from to pay for their welfare benefits? Only 49% of income earners pay any federal income tax, now, and that percentage has been steadily declining.

Quote:
That's what i said. The elites have no interest of the welfare state going away. The banksters make money off it.
Exactly. So... why should the American public continue to advocate support for the welfare state in any way, shape, or form? Do liberals really support enriching the banksters?

They sure seem to; they elected Obama to office, and they support him, still.

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

Obama's Big Sellout: The President has Packed His Economic Team with Wall Street Insiders | Common Dreams

Very important to watch this video:
Matt Taibbi: Obama's Big Sellout to Wall Street | Video Cafe

Old 01-03-2012, 02:34 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Decline? After World War II is when the United States took off as a super power. I think we hit our peak in 2000 and the Decline began in 2001, and we've been rapidly going down the Sh*t hole ever since.
Became a super power... at what cost? Warfare is a great base for quick and easy economy, but also the worst enemy in the long term. What has this country done right since 1950s, as far as foreign policy goes? Please dare to spell it out.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:39 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Nothing will happen, that's what. Yes it will grow, I know. But their is no consent of this issue in Washington. That's why nothing is going to happen.

That's what i said. The elites have no interest of the welfare state going away. The banksters make money of it.
Yes, sadly you are correct. Banksters rule. JPMorgan Chase makes govt money RUNNING the food stamp program now, very very scary....

Same with illegals. neither side cares bcs China-mart needs low level workers. Meanwhile mid level corp jobs are all outsourced...this is beyond a partisan issue, go ahead and bicker about one side ot the other, the truth is all of Congress knows where American decline is headed.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:40 PM

266 posts, read 179,858 times
Quote:
Where is the money going to come from to pay for their welfare benefits? Only 49% of income earners pay any federal income tax, now, and that percentage has been steadily declining.

Exactly. So... why should the American public continue to advocate support for the welfare state in any way, shape, or form? Do liberals really support enriching the banksters?

They sure seem to; they elected Obama to office, and they support him, still.

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

Obama's Big Sellout: The President has Packed His Economic Team with Wall Street Insiders | Common Dreams

Matt Taibbi: Obama's Big Sellout to Wall Street | Video Cafe
You gotta stop to think that any party will do anything about it. They are bought by the elites. And they do as they are told. It doesn't matter if liberals or conservatives. The welfare state will eventually bankrupt this country just like the military expenditures will. And the lowest taxes since WWII will also bankrupt this country. Which may lead into a civil war or revolution.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
You gotta stop to think that any party will do anything about it. They are bought by the elites. And they do as they are told. It doesn't matter if liberals or conservatives. The welfare state will eventually bankrupt this country just like the military expenditures will.
More federal funding goes to social spending than to the military.

I wish the U.S. would NOT get involved in military actions worldwide, however a national defense is mandated in the Constitution. There is NO Constitutional mandate for artificially supporting those who will not support themselves (legitimately incapacitated individuals excluded, of course, hence the *will not* in my statement).

Old 01-03-2012, 02:56 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
More federal funding goes to social spending than to the military.

I wish the U.S. would NOT get involved in military actions worldwide, however a national defense is mandated in the Constitution. There is NO Constitutional mandate for artificially supporting those who will not support themselves (legitimately incapacitated individuals excluded, of course, hence the *will not* in my statement).
What is "national defense" about military position half way around the world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies