Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 07:55 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,586,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I remember that! They shipped it off to China to be recycled in their steel plants. I was baffled as to why they wouldn't ship it to the steel plants here in the US?
Or better yet, examine and investigate why the stuctures failed and gave way. When a plane goes down, the peices are gathered and the plane is put back together in an attempt to figure out what went wrong. Why the hurry to get rid of the evidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 08:06 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,131,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
it isn't too hard to imagine the scenario. the work would have been performed after hours for example or even possibly during the daytime under the guise of normal restoration and construction work which is routinely performed in buildings all the time. no one would ever suspect otherwise.
You've clearly never worked in a large office building.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:08 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,131,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
No she hasn't. She relies on teh lies of other truthers and on heavily edited videos.

Her facts are born out of scam artists who want you to click their paypal buttons.
I think you're confused - MQ (MightyQueen) isn't a truther.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:33 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,276,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Can anyone name 1 instance aside from flight 93 where a passenger airliner went down and not have any noticable debris at the immediate crash site?
Many. you can find most accidents are at a site called airline disasters . They have pictures.

One flight actually looked like Flight 93. No visible airplane debris. Only pieces of clothing, a scorch mark in the earth. they found suitcases in the trees nearby, but no bodies, no plane...etc

Can't remember the specific flight, but it can happen

Old 01-18-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I think you're confused - MQ (MightyQueen) isn't a truther.

My apologies. Seems that a quote got mixed up with hers and I thought she had said it.

Sorry, Mightyqueen for assuming it was you who were espousing truther talking points.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:40 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,957,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You've clearly never worked in a large office building.

The fact is, I have worked in several. Have you?

Here's another interesting fact. George Bush's brother Marvin Bush was one of the principals of the company that was in charge of security for the World Trade Center buildings from 1996 up until September 11, 2001. If that weren't enough, Marvin Bush's company also happened to be in charge of security for United Airlines and Dulles Airport
where the hijacked planes took off. Just another amazing coincidence? You decide.

9-11 Research: WTC Security

Marvin P. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stratesec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

George Bush with brother Marvin

Last edited by cisco kid; 01-18-2012 at 11:48 AM..

Old 01-18-2012, 11:50 AM

88,647 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I remember that! They shipped it off to China to be recycled in their steel plants. I was baffled as to why they wouldn't ship it to the steel plants here in the US?

You aren't allowed to use recycled steel for building in the US.

First of all, it took nine months to clean up the site, as you have to know. The steel was not gathered up and shipped out immediately to other countries. It was brought by barge from the site down the river to the Fresh Kills landfill on Staten Island where it was sorted and examined first. You can't exactly lie about that. Too many people witnessed it and worked there.

And although people love to repeat this falsehood (once agian, the cuteness of taking a partial truth and expanding it into a whole nother story is tiresome), you cannot claim it was ALL shipped off to "China" and expect to be taken seriously. First of all--some of it went to Bangladesh, India, other countries. I don't know why the "China" reference is so popular. The North Jersey Record even did a story on following a piece of the steel from one of the towers to its destination in Bangladesh juxtaposed with the story of a man who survived the attacks who sat in an office that had contained that piece of steel. Clever idea for a story, I thought.

Anyway--how can someone possibly state that ALL of the steel was sold off? Does the term Hangar 17 mean NOTHING to you? That is not possible if someone has the most rudimentary knowledge of the WTC and the aftermath of the cleanup and recovery.

If you've picked up a newspaper on any given day in the past year or so, you'd see yet another story about a piece of the steel being sent to towns all over the US and in other countries for their memorials under the steel program. Just where do you think they are getting all this steel if it were really all sold off? Just about every town in northern NJ and the NY metro area has a memorial now containing a piece of WTC steel, and there's got to be at least one now in every state in the country.

In addition to the steel the PA held at Hangar 17, NIST had more than 200 pieces of it for their own study, which they returned to the PA back in 2009 or 2010--again, widely covered in the press.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 01-18-2012 at 11:59 AM..

Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 AM

88,647 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:

Here's another interesting fact. George Bush's brother Marvin Bush was one of the principals of the company that was in charge of security for the World Trade Center buildings from 1996 up until September 11, 2001. If that weren't enough, Marvin Bush's company also happened to be in charge of security for United Airlines and Dulles Airport where the hijacked planes took off. Just another amazing coincidence? You decide.

9-11 Research: WTC Security

Marvin P. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stratesec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not a fact whatsoever. What do you mean "in charge of security for the WTC?"

No "company" was "in charge of security" for the WTC. Marvin Bush was once on the Board of Directors of a corporation that owned, among other things, a company that had once provided some security consulting services to the Port Authority at the WTC. He was gone by 2000. Not remotely "in charge of security for the WTC."

Old 01-18-2012, 12:22 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,957,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Not a fact whatsoever. What do you mean "in charge of security for the WTC?"

No "company" was "in charge of security" for the WTC. Marvin Bush was once on the Board of Directors of a corporation that owned, among other things, a company that had once provided some security consulting services to the Port Authority at the WTC. He was gone by 2000. Not remotely "in charge of security for the WTC."

• Bush's company did more than consulting. It had a contract to provide electronic equipment and surveillance services to the WTC. Not just the WTC but for United Airlines and Dulles Airport as well.
  • Stratesec was owned by Kuwaiti-American Inc., a private investment firm with close ties to the Bush family. The managing director at KuwAm, Wirt D. Walker III, was also a principal at Stratesec and a Bush family member, cousin of George and Marvin Bush.

But hey what's a few more startling coincidences anyway? No big deal. Move along, nothing to see here.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I have in several buildings. currently working in one now. However, the building is not built like the WTC towers. Instead of a Steel frame structure, the entire building is concrete (which does wonders for cel phones).

Quote:

and he left the company almost a year before 9/11. Another debunked truther claim.

He was only on the board of directors and had a small part in the company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies