Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 06:22 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
If that was the case Texas would be rockin all the time, I don't believe it.
Well, being in California, you know best about Texas.

However, here in Texas, we are well aware that earthquakes have sharply risen, many around our nuclear plant in Comanche.

Here is an interesting link:

Earthquakes

Keep looking at the link. You will be amazed at the number of earthquakes, albeit small, that happen in the great State of Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 06:56 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
So there are 70 similar wells in Ohio...an earthquake happens near one of them. So the well is to blame?

It's like when the caveman farted and then the sun came up--and he thought he was responsible.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:00 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
They don't frack in Texas. They have ideal soil for drilling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
If that was the case Texas would be rockin all the time, I don't believe it.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:02 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
It is now official that fracking is to blame for the eleven earthquakes in Ohio. This will be a growing problem as fracking is done all over the country in an attempt to be energy independent.

I think alternative renewable energy should be our first choice. Other countries are way ahead of us in this area.

State Representative Robert Hagan has . . . called for a statewide moratorium on injection drilling until 2014. The Youngstown City Council voted Wednesday to support his proposal.

'I'm tired of these discussions happening in secret,' Mr Hagan said.

'People have a right to know what's going on, what's being done.'
I agree. It's crazy, the sun keeps bombarding our planet with obscene amounts of energy day after day. But instead of focusing on that and other green energy, we keep digging and drilling in the dirt

Old 01-07-2012, 07:30 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
On this topic most people are not very knowledgeable and I certainly don't profess to be. But a very familiar political stench is in the air.

I guess as the "global warming" hoax fades from headlines, a new replacement villain is needed in the quest to insure that the raw evil of modern energy consumption remains self-evident.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:34 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,083,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
... the raw evil of modern energy consumption remains self-evident.
Don't forget the raw evil of tens of thousands of extremely well-paying jobs for people that don't work in university ivory towers.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:39 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
Global Warming is fake.

These earthquakes in the fracking regions of Ohio and Arkansas are probably more than coincidence.

Arkansas will keep on drilling for all the money that has come in to the state even with the mild quakes. I imagine Ohio and Penn. will shut down the drilling completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
On this topic most people are not very knowledgeable and I certainly don't profess to be. But a very familiar political stench is in the air.

I guess as the "global warming" hoax fades from headlines, a new replacement villain is needed in the quest to insure that the raw evil of modern energy consumption remains self-evident.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
They don't frack in Texas. They have ideal soil for drilling.
Actually they do. I worked on a deal last month in Waco Texas that involves a steal company that supplies parts for fracking

Natural gas "fracking" boom in South Texas|WOAI: San Antonio News

Old 01-07-2012, 07:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
These earthquakes in the fracking regions of Ohio and Arkansas are probably more than coincidence.
There was more earthquakes in Ohio in 2006 than 2010. and only 3 more in 2011 than 2006.

What will we attribute those other earthquakes on?

Old 01-07-2012, 08:11 PM

504 posts, read 1,270,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What will we attribute those other earthquakes on?
Paul Bunyan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies