Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:47 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Well apparently if he is moving in with some other chick (as per another poster) he seems to have recovered somewhat!

You read this where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You read this where?
From the article itself.

Mr Morris and his wife Dorothy met while they were still in high school in Reno, Texas and were married for 54 years.
'I can tell you no man has ever loved a woman more than I loved my wife,' he said.
According to the Arizona Republic, Mr Morris has since met a new partner online and was considering selling his home to move in with her.Read more: Gabrielle Giffords 'makes me want to vomit' says Tucson shooting victim George Morris | Mail Online

Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
While I"m sorry for his loss, he's blaming the wrong person.
His wife's death is not Giffords' fault.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I understand where he is coming from. His world is forever changed and his love, his wife is gone.
Of course he will be angry, to add fuel to the fire, every time he turns on a news cast of late he is seeing something on the anniversary of this tragedy. The media needs to leave well enough alone and let people heal. Life is reminder enough of what happened and more importantly what was lost. Something tells me that Giffords and Kelly can understand his pain and anger.
He's about to move in with a new woman he met online. He seems to me moving on quite well except for the irrational anger thing he has going for him.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:57 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I'm ultra conservative so I'll take my wife to this event with me to stir up trouble and cause confusion because Gabbie Giffords supports the President's Health Care Reform Bill.

So another crazy assed ultra Conservatives shows up and decides to kill the Congresswoman and every "liberal" in sight.

Ultra Conservative trouble maker number one gets his wife killed, gets himself wounded, all because he wanted to start some ****!!

Now he hates the Congresswoman and her husband, loves his former wife as a man has loved no other;yet he's about to ditch his house to move in with a chick he met online.

He then insults the President of the Country because the Presidents a Democrat (among other things) and he can't abide the presence of Democrats.

In the words of the unknown poet,
"It sucks to be you, man!!"
You must have glossed over this part.

Quote:
Mr Morris, who is a retired Marine and airline pilot, said he didn't believe Ms Giffords should still be in office. The 76-year-old had been a Democrat before becoming a staunch Republican once he retired

Old 01-10-2012, 07:58 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,465 times
What a sad example of a confused man. I've experienced the loss of a loved one to tragedy and as such I will never belittle the severity of his pain and anguish, but his convoluted thought processes have driven him to establish a cause-and-effect relationship between unrelated events and essentially connect dots where there are none. If that's his coping mechanism then so be it, but I hope he never acts out on his misplaced blame.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He's about to move in with a new woman he met online. He seems to me moving on quite well except for the irrational anger thing he has going for him.

Moving on or dealing with life.....at his age and experience, I don't think anyone should be alone. If he has made a friend good for him.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:43 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Misplaced anger, I feel sorry for his wife, but he is just looking for someone to blame, and give some meaning to a meaningless act.
I agree and it is so sad.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Sounds like a typical whiney hate-filled vicious righty trying to put all the blame on a Democrat, any Democrat , rather than use common sense.

If this dolt thought there wasn't enough security why didn't he leave????

Just stayed to cause trouble...no doubt...he could've always got Giffords on the phone if he had an important issue or question...

Old 01-10-2012, 09:07 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
This isn't grief. This is ideologically-driven resentment, if not outright hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies