Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

I wanted this man to run for President in 2012 and now I really want him to run in 2016 no matter who wins this year. He speaks his mind at all times and doesn't really worry about how others around him think. When I apply what he said to what Hillary Clinton has said over and over about this situation I see more and more reason for him to be our SECOND black President.

Unless You‘ve Been Shot at by the Taliban ’Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell’: Allen West Weighs in on Urinating Marine Scandal | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 02:56 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,467 times
4 Marines pissing on some dead Taliban is hardly represenatitive of the soldiers fighting over in Afghanistan. For every soldier that uses "war is hell" as an excuse there are ten times as many that have enough honor and dignity and self control to never ever commit such a stupid act. US soldiers are better than that and are trained better than any soldiers in the world. They are expected to act as professionally as possible in the most grim and dire, helish circumstances war can throw at them. That is the nature of the soldier. Their ability to stomach, endure, and perservere what would make the average person go mad. This nonsense that it much worse things happen in war is just that. Terrible terrible things go on in all wars by all sides of every country.......but it's a very small minority and hardly represents the soldiers fighting with dignity, honor, and respect who remain true to the objective and the mission.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:00 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wanted this man to run for President in 2012 and now I really want him to run in 2016 no matter who wins this year. He speaks his mind at all times and doesn't really worry about how others around him think. When I apply what he said to what Hillary Clinton has said over and over about this situation I see more and more reason for him to be our SECOND black President.

Unless You‘ve Been Shot at by the Taliban ’Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell’: Allen West Weighs in on Urinating Marine Scandal | TheBlaze.com
Allen West should have been running THIS YEAR. I don't understand why he didn't get on the ballot. He was the PERFECT candidate.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:03 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
4 Marines pissing on some dead Taliban is hardly represenatitive of the soldiers fighting over in Afghanistan. For every soldier that uses "war is hell" as an excuse there are ten times as many that have enough honor and dignity and self control to never ever commit such a stupid act. US soldiers are better than that and are trained better than any soldiers in the world. They are expected to act as professionally as possible in the most grim and dire, helish circumstances war can throw at them. That is the nature of the soldier. Their ability to stomach, endure, and perservere what would make the average person go mad. This nonsense that it much worse things happen in war is just that. Terrible terrible things go on in all wars by all sides of every country.......but it's a very small minority and hardly represents the soldiers fighting with dignity, honor, and respect who remain true to the objective and the mission.
And, you know all this about soldiers and war just how?

Old 01-15-2012, 03:05 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post

I happen to agree with SoCalCroozer.....and my boyfriend who is also a 10 year Army Veteran sitting next to me does too.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

I don't know if he'd make a good President or not, but on this subject he's not only right, but has the standing to speak out. He's not your run o' the mill Republican Chickenhawk.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:11 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
While this incident is unfortunate, and surely not representative of our members of the armed services, why would we not expect something of this nature to occur? We send these young people to a foreign land on repeated tours and expect them to retain any sense of right and wrong? WE have overburdoned our military and this kind of thing is to be expected from time to time. Regretably we have over taxed these young men and women. It is a terrible thing that they have done, but hardly cause for court martial.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
By the thousands of soldiers, SPEC Ops, officers, etc. who's behavior shows otherwise. And by the hundreds who are coming out of the woodwork criticizing these soldiers for their behavior.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:14 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,747 times
He's actually completely wrong, since most of the people calling the shots, even in the military, have not literally been attacked by the Taliban. Stating that war is hell is meaningless apologetics and could be used to justify basically any wartime atrocity.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Surely you failed to read the whole link or you would have attacked the words of my man. Did you fail to see that those four Marines were part of an 11 man sniper group who had had 7 of there buddies killed by the Taliban? Do you know the method used to kill them? Did you fail to see the other rather horrible methods of death he talked about? I would guess that you missed the one about two being killed and then gutted. Sometimes even well trained soldiers "lose it" a bit.

Your post reminded me of a story that an old neighbor told us when I was a little boy. In WW I he and another soldier were given 17 German POWs to take to the back lines. His only words about that were that we went about a mile and then shot all of them. I forgot he was a Czech immigrant who came to the US to get in our Army to GET EVEN with Germans. Filthy old man, huh. He was a neighborhood hero with we little boys. That was during WWII.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies