Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:44 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,432,537 times

Advertisements

You never answered my question on how we're going to lose it.

post #35.

However, if we lose it, and all empires eventually come to an end---the answer is obvious. The Living standards in the United States will fall and political, military, and economic global hegemony will come to an end.

An example is Great Britain when they lost it to the United States. However, the system we have created is many times more well thought out and secure. It's a complete domination never seen and has many things in place to prevent its fall. IE those who go against it basically have to commit suicide...which doesn't put them in a position of strength to take over the crown.

Britain didn't fall to complete chaos, but perhaps that's somewhat because they piggy backed as our right hand man in global domination rather than fighting it. So really, the British empire has extended as part of the American one.

The most important lesson is the one we learned about colonizing. Instead of taking over countries directly, the United States merely forces them to allow us to buy their resources with our paper money. We never take direct ownership of the assets, and thus they do not rebel against us like we did to the British. It allows us to live like kings off the backs of the rest of the world.

Of course when push comes to shove we do invade...see iraq, libya, and really any number of incounterers where we have forced what we want with government overthrow or sanctions. We use the strength of the U.s military that gained dominance after the second world war when every rival country was flattened. The goal is always the same....get them to accept depreciating dollars that we can print endlessly in exhchange for their REAL resources and labor.

Look at history. Any country who challenges this agreement gets attacked or bullied in some way.

Last edited by Thatsright19; 01-13-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 09:17 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Well, seeing as how are debts are paid in U.s dollars, the rest of the world either continues to accept payment in those dollars, or the dollars they hold become useless.

So either, they continue playing our game and continue to get fleeced......or they stop playing the game and get fleeced. I say they continue the current game as there's still something in it for them. If we lose, everyone else loses as well.

“If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem.”

Jean Paul Getty

Old 01-13-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
“If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem.”

Jean Paul Getty
Exactly. It's funny that you throw out that quote. It's one of my favorites.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM

I have a background in finance and as a CPA. So one of the hardest things to wrap your mind around in the Dollar System is that everything that is sane for an individual or business is not how a monetary soveriegn like the U.s Government runs.

I think this is the genius of it. Unless you've spend thousands of hours researching it and understanding it, you think it's insane, expecially someone highly educated in finance. But it's not at all insane. It's the single greatest scheme ever created. It's everywhere, yet it's invisable.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I have a background in finance and as a CPA. So one of the hardest things to wrap your mind around in the Dollar System is that everything that is sane for an individual or business is not how a monetary soveriegn like the U.s Government runs.

I think this is the genius of it. Unless you've spend thousands of hours researching it and understanding it, you think it's insane, expecially someone highly educated in finance. But it's not at all insane. It's the single greatest scheme ever created. It's everywhere, yet it's invisable.

You have no idea how many times people angrily respond to me when I try to tell them their intuitive approach is backfiring badly on many counterintuitive economic concepts. If people have not specifically taken the time to learn how the different money systems work, they are babbling, and they don't know that are babbling. Its truly evil genius.

I am just one of those people who upon getting burned, finds the match book, where it was purchased, manufactured, until I find the chemical company that made the sulfur where I will make a road trip specifically to meet the chemist in charge.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
S$P downgrades France and the rest of the EU and the Brits on deck...

The Ponzi Moment is near...

Hopefully Commissar 0bummer will be a benevolent Dictator...

Old 01-13-2012, 04:36 PM

51 posts, read 59,484 times
Quote:

Well I have to admit I am intrigued. How did you come across this knowledge? And is there anything like a book or something that I can check out to study up on it myself? This all sounds fascinating, if true I am shocked at the genius and competence of our leaders. That's why I am so skeptical I just don't know that I have all that much faith in the intelligence of the people that run this country.

Anyhow, if you could I would love to read up on this some more.

As to how I think a system like this could end, at some point a China might decide "screw it" and throw away our system, consequences be damned.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Watch the creature from Jekyll island.

Creature from Jekyll Island 1 of 12 - YouTube

There are many other places you could research this though. However, this is the easiest if you'd like to just watch about an hour long video that lays it out in pretty simple terms.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...440054,00.html
America and the Dollar Illusion.

Quote:
This all sounds fascinating, if true I am shocked at the genius and competence of our leaders. That's why I am so skeptical I just don't know that I have all that much faith in the intelligence of the people that run this country.
If by our leaders, you mean presidents or Congress members, then no they did not create it. It was created by powerful banking circles and wealthy people.

Quote:
At the end of November 1910, Senator Nelson W. Aldrich and Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury Department A. Piatt Andrew, and 5 more of the country's leading financiers, who together represented about one-fourth of the world's wealth[citation needed], arrived at the Jekyll Island Club to discuss monetary policy and the banking system, an event led to the creation of the current Federal Reserve. According to the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, the 1910 Jekyll Island meeting resulted in draft legislation for the creation of a U.S. central bank. Parts of this draft (the Aldrich plan) were incorporated into the 1913 Federal Reserve Act.

Quote:
at some point a China might decide "screw it" and throw away our system, consequences be damned.

Those are some pretty heavy consequences. Their national savings via reserves would be wiped out, they would destroy their exports to their greatest customer, and lose access to OPEC oil. Not to mention, an attack on a countries currency is an act of war. Then again, they need to hold reserves of dollars to protect their own currency.....without dollar reserves they essentially attack their own currency.

Last edited by Thatsright19; 01-13-2012 at 06:58 PM..

Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
My god, can you just imagine the ads in the fall?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamatrojan View Post
Well I have to admit I am intrigued. How did you come across this knowledge? And is there anything like a book or something that I can check out to study up on it myself? This all sounds fascinating, if true I am shocked at the genius and competence of our leaders. That's why I am so skeptical I just don't know that I have all that much faith in the intelligence of the people that run this country.

As to how I think a system like this could end, at some point a China might decide "screw it" and throw away our system, consequences be damned.
Most of the politicians don't know how it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies