Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 12:26 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Did not say that they were not, the op was that obama was holding back job bills. I'm sure the dumbocrats did the same thing but that is not who we are talking about at this moment. You still did not answer my question about what were the add-ons. Nice try at deflection
You never asked me that question?

Quote:
Huh, most intelligent one even if he repeated it HE STILL SAID IT!

Most of the racial insults are not original but repeated by the least creative/intelligent people on the earth

No, he was reporting what the orginal guy said....there is a big difference...if nobody repeated what other have said, then nobody would be talking...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 12:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You never asked me that question?

see post #131

No, he was reporting what the orginal guy said....there is a big difference...if nobody repeated what other have said, then nobody would be talking...

Ok, I will make it easier for you to understand. If I heard someone make a racist remark about Asians, regardless if he is asian or not would make no difference if I go and repeat it over the airwaves. I would have to own up to it.

Did'nt get that one, here is another one for you. If you hear a bunch of black youths standing around calling each other n#gg#r will you go and repeat it to another group of blacks that you did not know? I will gladly send you a card while you are in the hospital

As to your last remark, there are somethings that are not worth repeating. Because he is the slob that he is (rush) he could not wait to repeat it because a black person said it

Old 01-18-2012, 12:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Hilarious! I give the ACTUAL deficit numbers and you give me opinion (lies) from a left-wing rag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh you people who want BIGGER government to do everything for you!

Why aren't your Worshipped Wealthy creating jobs with those tax cuts Bush gave them....Repugs said they would then create jobs!!!!!

Why haven't they???? They, your ONLY god, The Wealthy, didn't do a very good job.
What in the world are you talking about? The only thing obama needs to do here is ISSUE THE PERMIT.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:54 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hilarious! I give the ACTUAL deficit numbers and you give me opinion (lies) from a left-wing rag.
That tax cuts followed reductions in revenue is not lie, they are FACTS.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
That tax cuts followed reductions in revenue is not lie, they are FACTS.
Well, according to the CBO, Treasury, you know, all those official keepers of the numbers, an INCREASE in revenue followed the tax cuts.

http://www.cbo.gov/budget/data/historical.pdf (broken link)

Lets see you square the spin with the actual numbers.

$412 deficit in 2004, $160 deficit in 2007. These numbers have been shown to the lefties over and over again and still they deny the truth.

Harper, on way to China, very disappointed in obama's purely political re-election decision. I think obama's problem is that ONLY those far-left crank environmentalists really oppose this project. Unions are for it, business is for it, job seekers are for it.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ipeline-debate

Canada's Harper Says His Country Is 'Held Hostage' By U.S. In Pipeline Debate

Quote:
"These are all valid questions, but just because certain people in the United States would like to see Canada be one giant national park for the northern half of North America, I don't think that's part of what our review process is all about."

Harper added that the pipeline is crucial from an "energy security standpoint," especially now that Iran is threatening to block the Strait of Hormuz.
Obama, supposedly so concerned about jobs, is making a political miscalculation. The GOP, RNC, Conservatives and eventually candidate will hit him hard on this.

Last edited by sanrene; 01-18-2012 at 01:12 PM..

Old 01-18-2012, 01:29 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Well thank god that Obama saved the auto industry and is getting jobs back in the USA or the aftermath of Bush's wholesale destruction of America would have put millions more out of work.
Obama didn't create the recession but he was left the job of clearing it up. NO magic wand i'm afraid but hard work fighting the right to get America solvent again.
If someone comes into your home and virtually destroys it then it costs mega money to repair it....... same with America...... Bush destroyed it and now it is costing a fortune to repair it......... thx Mr. Bush and the GOP....
Actually, Obama helped the recession, being in the Senate when things started to go downhill. As for the auto industry, that was saving UNION jobs, so hardly a big win for the average American. In any case, it's not the govt's place to pick winners and losers, at the expense of shareholders.

Funny.....this is the ONLY economy that was sooooo horrible that it took sooooo much more spending to fix it. I find that REALLY hard to believe. It's cost a fortune to fix it because Obama made it worse. Have you even asked yourself why THIS president couldn't fix the economy without record spending? Gross incompetence, perhaps?

Old 01-18-2012, 01:33 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, according to the CBO, Treasury, you know, all those official keepers of the numbers, an INCREASE in revenue followed the tax cuts.
How exactly do you calculate deficits by looking at revenues and outlays as a percentage of GDP? I present to you a far more logical and simpler approach:
2000: $2.31T
2001: $2.21T <- First Tax Cuts (EGTRRA)
2002: $2.03T
2003: $1.90T <- Second Tax Cuts (JGTRRA)
2004: $1.95T
2005: $2.15T
2006: $2.32T
2007: $2.41T
2008: $2.29T
2009: $1.99T

So, if your idea is to count "increase" after "decrease" to a bottom, than more power to you. But the fact is, the economy supposedly grew during the years, as did the population (by 10%), and yet, federal tax revenue dipped below the previous peak (2000) and would barely match it in 2006-2007. That ain't an increase, that is an abomination.

You care more for CBO's take on Bush Tax Cuts and its effect on deficits? Sure... go ahead and READ THIS.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:22 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Why aren't your Worshipped Wealthy creating jobs with those tax cuts Bush gave them....Repugs said they would then create jobs!!!!!

Why haven't they???? They, your ONLY god, The Wealthy, didn't do a very good job.
The answer is simple; the jobs created by the private sector can't match the unrealisic expectations created by the Federal Handout Machine and its allies in the public-employee unions

The OWS crowd wants "soft" jobs -- hopefully ones from which they can continue to harrass those whom they resent. The REAL economy needs service workers to take the jobs hustling wouild-be immigrants can now find just as easily back home, due to an improving global economy.

Sorry, but that's just the way it works, due to the laws of an open market. The only ones bucking the trend are a group of spoiled Europeans and the core clientele of the "Obama nation".

Those of us who recognize this will adjust and do as well as always; the rest of you are the root cause of your own misery.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama added jobs to the economy? Really? Who needs to get a clue? It is called seasonal hiring for Christmas!
Really! guess some don't have a clue, when every year at the same time, during the holiday season, starting sometimes around Oct, there is something called seasonal hiring for the holiday season.
Holiday numbers were not what they were suppose to be.

Two large department stores i know the managers of, have already, laid off their holiday help hiring not one of the seasonal workers.
Another store i know well, and know the employees, they hired only one of many seasonl employees.

Don't forget all of those who truly have given up on jobs. I know two people myself who filled out applications for job interviews. Guess what because they have gotten laid off from their jobs since Obama took office. And they are out of work, they did not get hired, because they have been out of work. Go figure, the craziest thing i have ever heard, but true, i will not lie to you.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:19 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Ok, I will make it easier for you to understand. If I heard someone make a racist remark about Asians, regardless if he is asian or not would make no difference if I go and repeat it over the airwaves. I would have to own up to it.
I'll make it even easier for you to understand, when a new reporter reports on racist comments, does it make that reporter a raciest?

Quote:
Did'nt get that one, here is another one for you. If you hear a bunch of black youths standing around calling each other n#gg#r will you go and repeat it to another group of blacks that you did not know? I will gladly send you a card while you are in the hospital
Oh......now this is a good one, first, I do not believe that anyone should call anyone else a n#g#r, that is racist and is derogatory towards anyone...no matter the color of their skin...(BTW if you believe a black people are the only classified n#g#er's, you need to open your eyes....VERY WIDE)

Quote:
As to your last remark, there are somethings that are not worth repeating. Because he is the slob that he is (rush) he could not wait to repeat it because a black person said it
Thanks for YOUR opinion...

Quote:
see post #131
Post #131 is below, please show me the question, asked of me?

Quote:
Tell that to someone who cannot read between the lines. None of these articles mentions of any add-ons such as the oil pipeline from Canada to Mexico. Whenever a bill is presented there are ALWAYS something to add-on to it. The one in particuliar is that pipeline from canada that the repulicans tried to tie in with the payroll tax cuts that the republicans refused to cave on. So knowing that they will stoop to that type of tactic why would it be hard to believe that they did not add some incredibly stupid add-on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies