Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 05:58 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times

Advertisements

Ex-FEMA director Michael Brown criticizes Obama for reacting too quickly to storm | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Former FEMA director Michael Brown, ..... has criticized President Obama for responding to Hurricane Sandy too early.

You tell 'em, Brownie. You did a heckuva job.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:00 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,371,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Ex-FEMA director Michael Brown criticizes Obama for reacting too quickly to storm | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Former FEMA director Michael Brown, ..... has criticized President Obama for responding to Hurricane Sandy too early.

You tell 'em, Brownie. You did a heckuva job.

Uh, did you EVEN read the article you linked to?

Old 10-31-2012, 06:30 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
No surprise. The guy is an idiot. And whoever put him in charge of FEMA was an even bigger idiot.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:31 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,778,247 times
lol the bush administration!...

Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,800,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I think the OP author indeed read the link--it was only a few short paragraphs. Are you suggesting that the link provided undermined the OP in some way?

Quote:
In an interview with Denver Westword, Brown said, "One thing [President Obama's] gonna be asked is, why did he jump on [Hurricane Sandy] so quickly and go back to D.C. so quickly when in ... Benghazi, he went to Las Vegas? Why was this so quick? ... At some point, somebody's going to ask that question."
Heck, I could answer Brownie's stupid question here. Sandy has affected millions of Americans whereas the Benghazi affair has affected relatively few. It's not like the Libyans were storming American beaches a la Sandy. It's really a false comparison--one is a natural disaster (sandy, just in case you wondered) while the other is a result of human actions.

On the other part, Obama's response was probably so quick because the president as well as countless other Americans are well aware of the failures of the Bush administration to seriously consider the effects Katrina would have on millions of Americans.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:35 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I think the reference to Brownie gives a clue.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:54 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,371,679 times
The story is a reference to O's quickness to respond to this crisis as compared to his response to the Bengazi crisis.

Hebus!

They can read but not comprehend.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Who cares what this has-been has to say?

Does he have some particular expertise to bring to either situation? Based on past evidence, I'd say absolutely not.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:06 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,413 times
Default Brownie Whines about Prompt FEMA Response to Hurricane Sandy

Brownie: Obama Responded Too Quickly To Hurricane Sandy « Alan Colmes Radio Show

Quote:
Michael “Heckuva Job” Brown, former FEMA director, has criticized President Obama for responding too quickly to Hurricane Sandy.

“Here’s my concern,” Brown told Denver’s Westword on Monday, suggesting that the official response was actually making people complacent. “It’s premature [when] the brunt of the storm won’t happen until later this afternoon.”

Obama declared states of emergency all along East Coast states in the path of Sandy on Sunday, well before the storm hit, allowing federal resources to start flowing where governors thought they would be needed. FEMA and local responders were able to pre-position a lot of the material being drawn upon now.
And that, boys and girls is the difference between Presidential competency manifested by the appointment of a qualified professional to manage FEMA (President Obama appointed Craig Fugate, Director of Florida's Division of Emergency Management, to head the agency) and the embarrassing spectacle of Presidential incompetency manifested by the laughable appointment by President Bush of a completely unqualified horse judge to head FEMA.

And even today, more than seven years after Hurricane Katrina, Brownie is demonstrating that he's every bit the hapless fool that he was when he botched and screwed up the federal response to FEMA. He hasn't learned a single thing.

Thankfully, adults are in charge now!

Old 10-31-2012, 07:11 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,706 times
Whining is about all that useless punk is good for. And now he gets paid to do it on the air!

Quote:
In emails he wrote that later became public, Brown came off as inexperienced and uncaring. On the morning of the hurricane, Brown wrote, "Can I quit now? Can I come home?" to Cindy Taylor, FEMA's deputy director of public affairs. Later, in a separate email, he wrote, "I'm trapped now, please rescue me."

Ex-FEMA director Michael Brown criticizes Obama for reacting too quickly to storm - VOTE AZ 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies