Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 11:44 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times

Advertisements

Ouch!

VERY happy to have this conversation, discussion about job creation and WHOSE vision of the past and future is more in line with the voters.

48% Think Romney Would Do Better Job With Economy, 39% Trust Obama More - Rasmussen Reports™

Quote:
Forty-eight percent (48%) of all voters think Romney would do a better job than Obama managing the economy. Thirty-nine percent (39%) believe the president would do a better job, and 13% more are not sure.
The number for obama is abysmal, considering the bruising battle between the GOP candidates.

I think MOST voters realize the distortions and out right lies about Mitt's record at Bain..and that should be a big red flag for the obama campaign, that will surely try the same meme.

When Romney floats out the names of companies HE helped start, companies that employ thousands of people, like Sports Authority, Staples, places we ALL shop at, I can't wait to hear the obama campaign criticize and diss the results.

By 42/27 Indies also believe Romneys business experience is a plus.

Here's a great thought...just what this country needs.

RealClearPolitics - Isn't a Bainful Turnaround What America Needs?

Quote:
There's a highly regarded private-equity operation located in Boston that has a good (but not perfect) track record in turning around hopeless ventures. Though there have been failures for this firm, notable successes include Staples, The Sports Authority, Domino's Pizza and Steel Dynamics.

Anyone operating in business knows full well that even the smartest reorganizing firms are prone to failure as well as success in our free-market capitalist system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 11:59 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,785,668 times
In U.S., Slightly More Want Obama to Set Course Than GOP

Old 01-16-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So...basically we have a TIE between obama and the GOP Congress. Ok. And this after all the demagoguery from obama and the dems about the "do-nothing" Congress?

Let's start talking about obama's record full bore now.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:37 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,384,118 times
Pretty good find there. Normally I am skeptical of these hypothetical polls but at least this one has a fair amount of specificity--a comparison between two specific candidates on a specific issue. Obama at 39% is quite a number, especially considering that Rasmussen has Obama job approval at 45% right now. Little question that election will be about the economy.

I'd say that is a significant poll.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:53 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,393,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ouch!

VERY happy to have this conversation, discussion about job creation and WHOSE vision of the past and future is more in line with the voters.

48% Think Romney Would Do Better Job With Economy, 39% Trust Obama More - Rasmussen Reports™

The number for obama is abysmal, considering the bruising battle between the GOP candidates.

I think MOST voters realize the distortions and out right lies about Mitt's record at Bain..and that should be a big red flag for the obama campaign, that will surely try the same meme.

When Romney floats out the names of companies HE helped start, companies that employ thousands of people, like Sports Authority, Staples, places we ALL shop at, I can't wait to hear the obama campaign criticize and diss the results.

By 42/27 Indies also believe Romneys business experience is a plus.

Here's a great thought...just what this country needs.

RealClearPolitics - Isn't a Bainful Turnaround What America Needs?
LOL!

Let's see... wealthy GOP candidate with an MBA,"successful" businessman, promises to cut spending, gives massive tax cuts to all his big-shot supporters...

Where have we seen THIS movie before?

Yeah, that worked out so well with GWB. Well, actually, it DID work out well- for the top .01%. Or do I need to haul out my charts again?

The GOP is the Party of Amnesia. Their success depends on Americans losing their memories. But this time, the wounds to the economy were too deep. Unfortunately for Romney, the people will remember.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:03 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,184,083 times
Very interesting findings there. It shows how weak these attacks on Mitt Romney's business experience are and really how they have helped him more than hurt him. Intelligent people see through all of this and know that it is bogus. The results are not surprising.

Last edited by dixiegirl7; 01-16-2012 at 01:52 PM..

Old 01-16-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Very interesting findings there. It shows how weak these attacks on Mitt Romney's business experience are and really how they have helped him more than hurt him. Intelligent people see through all of this and know that is is bogus. The results are not surprising.
Basically, some in the media have had to point out the attacks are mostly false, especially with that completely inaccurate and distorted Bain movie.

This country NEEDS a Bain-style takeover, no doubt about it.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:55 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,184,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Basically, some in the media have had to point out the attacks are mostly false, especially with that completely inaccurate and distorted Bain movie.

This country NEEDS a Bain-style takeover, no doubt about it.

I agree, it's the main reason I have always supported Romney. We have got to have an economic overhaul. If I am going to count on someone to lead it, I want someone who has show expertise and success in doing it and with various entities....business, Massachusetts, the failing Olympics.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,404,782 times
Oh look a Rasmussen poll that shows Obama doing poorly.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Oh...one other little something you should take note of; Romney is not part of obama's "do-nothing" Congress charade. I wonder how that will fly with obama running against Congress (2010!) instead of his opponent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies