Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does an entertainers political views sway your decision to listen or watch their work
yes 35 25.18%
no 62 44.60%
depends, sometimes 44 31.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 07:35 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times

Advertisements

If you look back to your high school days, who were the people that joined the drama club...? They were the insecure nerds - the tiny little weaklings....Having spent 18 years on movie sets and observed the "stars" close up - I saw that most of them were small in stature...insecure - ego-centric...and would not do well in the real world - For instance - when an actor is shot (filmed) - the director of photography...would be careful and skilled on how he angled the camera..and what lenses he or she would use - They always managed to make these little nerds - larger than life...I was always taken back when a star would walk on set....good example - Stalone and his brother..they were tiny little Italian guys...Cruise same thing...BUT the illusion is created that they are super humans to be idolized...very few celebs should be respected..most are illusions...Jean Hackman for instance - was larger than life in real life- while...someone like Nick Cage...were winny...self centred little brats...

Now getting back to why these guys are so liberal? I assume it's because the artifical world of liberalism gives them power they would not NATURALLY have - They are only progressive when it comes to proping up little weasils such as themselves and enriching themselves...it's very artifical - making inferiours rich and strong and making superiours who are truely strong weak and weaker...Its the artifical power of money.

A Russian director once said to me of the star making system . "Give me enough of a budget and I can make a dog a star".. ....This artifical respect we have is bizarre - when the Queen of England grants a knighthood to a heroic submarine commander...just a character...treated as IF - he really was a war hero - HE'S AN ACTOR FOR GODS SAKE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 07:42 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Does a celebrity's political leanings affect your opinion of him or her?

Nope, don't care one bit.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'm sure that Libbies are so proud to be able to include Whoopie Goldberg and Joy Bewhore in their ranks. Don't like the topic? Can't debate it? Well just get up and walk off stage then....

Don't like the person or their politics? Well, then just substitute a syllable in their name with something stupid and demeaning. Because that's FUNNY.
To a twelve year old boy.

Do you still say "penis butter and jelly" too?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
The funniest thing in connection with this topic is still when Sissy Spacek, Jessica Lange, and Jane Fonda were called to Congress to testify about a farm bill. All three had recently starred as farmers' wives in various movies.

Bangor Daily News - Google News Archive Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP
May 06, 1985|Associated Press
WASHINGTON — Three movie stars who played distressed farm wives offered sometimes tearful testimony to congressional Democrats today about the emotional toll being exacted by America's agriculture crisis.
"It is heartbreaking to witness their anguish as they watch their lives being stripped away," Jessica Lange, who starred in the film "Country," said through tears as she spoke to a dozen Democratic congressmen on the party's House farm task force.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Check out this list:
40 Celebrities Who Are Democrats

Now check out this list:
40 Celebrities Who Are Republicans

it's obvious which list has the more intelligent actors. Several actors such as Matt Damon went to places like Harvard and other lesser known universities before becoming actors.
The list with Jerry Springer, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Hulk Hogan & Willie Nelson isn't really representing the brightest side of the left. In entertainment, you have to really try hard to find 40 Republicans while nearly the rest of the industry is comprised of Democrats.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:41 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Whoa! There's even a black guy on the list! (50 Cent)

Full List - Famous Republicans - Zimbio

Does a celebrity's political leanings affect your opinion of him or her?
I respect the intelligent, well spoken ones like kelsey grammer, gary sinise. But I draw the line when you have classless bimbos like britney spears, jessica simpson who appear to be republican without knowing why.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:44 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
I assume an actor is Liberal unless I learn otherwise, but it only effects my opinion of them when they publicly make degrading or bigoted statements towards conservatives. They get away with saying some outright hateful things that would get them boycotted and blacklisted if they were conservative. You can make hateful statements towards Christians or Republicans all day, but do the same about another 'protected class' and you've instantly torched your career. Bill Maher has said things just as horrible as (or worse than) Mel Gibson has, but while Mel struggles to remain in the system Maher continues to host his own show.

It stings every time a celebrity I enjoy watching makes some statements exposing their hatred for those who don't share their political views. In turn, I choose to avoid supporting their movies and TV shows. Why should I financially support a celebrity who hates me for what I believe in?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:53 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Whoa! There's even a black guy on the list! (50 Cent)

Full List - Famous Republicans - Zimbio

Does a celebrity's political leanings affect your opinion of him or her?
I don't care as long as:

1) they aren't pushing their views on me, aka entering the political arena.

2) they are intelligent and thoughtful in their support....you know....aren't Kanye West blaming Bush for blowing up the levees and hating black people.

I have friends from all parts of the political spectrum, but few friends that are idiots about it.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
I don't judge people based on their political leanings. I judge based off of what comes out of their mouths.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:03 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I don't judge people based on their political leanings. I judge based off of what comes out of their mouths.
I agree. And by their actions and behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies