Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times

Advertisements

How do Republicans get away w/ complaining about failing schools when they are constantly defunding them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then why did you applaud partisan bs figures
How is it partisan pointing out that the GOP has had the MAJORITY in WASHINGTON to change these so called liberal policy? Try as you may but history and facts can't be changed no matter how much you would like them too.
Not even close. The GOP has held congress for about 25% of the last 40 years. Tell me when 25% became MORE than 75?
With the expansion of these Social Programs, how many times have the GOP held congress? Was it long enough to make changes to the very same Social Programs their railing against?
So you admit you were just being partisan and didnt want to add anything of substance to the thread.. Bravo.. you shuld be proud.
Nice try, its YOU that can't back away from the Partisan comments and with your typical SPIN attempt to speak for me. I've responded to your jibberish as I always do by acknowledging both parties are the same. I'm always Proud of myself, proud of the fact that I can continue to laugh at your failed attempts at SPIN and DEFLECT.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
So you admit you were just being partisan and didnt want to add anything of substance to the thread.. Bravo.. you shuld be proud.

So, my pointing out the reality of GOP control doesn't fit into your picture of "It's all the fault of the Democrats."

Shocking!

So, you're reduced to quibbling over "how much time have the Pubs had to straightern everything out?" And concluded that all those years weren't enough.

Carry on.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, my pointing out the reality of GOP control doesn't fit into your picture of "It's all the fault of the Democrats."

Shocking!

So, you're reduced to quibbling over "how much time have the Pubs had to straightern everything out?" And concluded that all those years weren't enough.

Carry on.

Amazing isn't it

Old 01-19-2012, 11:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You want dems to do something but give your repubs a pass?
Where did I ask Democrats to do something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And lets see some proof of your claim that more people left poverty under the GOP.
Poverty Data - Historical Poverty Tables: People - U.S Census Bureau

Old 01-19-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Shocking!

Carry on.
Whats shocking is how you can make up crap and then argue with what you just made up

Where did I blame Democrats, and how the hell is 13 years out of the last 40 years GOP Congressional controlled, = GOP fault

Old 01-19-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Amazing isn't it
I'm still amazed that you think 13 years of GOP Congressional control = a majority of the last 40 Thanks for proving the failures of liberal institutions Newt was discussing.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:56 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Newt keeps on bringing up race. What do you expect?
Newt's comment is racial only if you think, as most liberals do, that any criticism of Obama is motivated by race. Newt was not commenting on, nor criticizing, people on food stamps. In fact there are more whites on food stamps than blacks. His criticism was aimed at Obama's economic policies that have pushed people onto food stamps at an unprecedented rate. The aim of government should not be to make people dependent on government assistance. Rather government should be adopting policies that will help the economy grow so that people will find work and be able to support themselves and their families. Obama and the Democrats look at the expansion of the social safety net as a good thing. In fact it is an abject failure of governance.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I'm still amazed that you think 13 years of GOP Congressional control = a majority of the last 40
Where did I say that. My statement again was "When they had the majority". Must you always LIE to try and make yourself appear as if your making a point.
I'm amazed your giving the GOP a pass on not changing the Social Programs their bytching about when they could.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:05 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I must have missed that part.

"why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps."
Is it racist for Newt to point out the truth to African-Americans that while the policies of this president have harmed a lot of people the harm caused to their community has been particularly egregious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies